Maroon Hats

4,500 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Capitol Ag
LRB38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Anyone have an idea on whether or not adidas will be releasing the maroon on-field hats that the team wore last year and I'm assuming will be in again this year? The hat that AO and MaroonU carry are a couple years old and slightly different than the team issued version.
AustinCountyAg
I miss the TPX hats...
Capitol Ag
AG
LRB38 said:

Anyone have an idea on whether or not adidas will be releasing the maroon on-field hats that the team wore last year and I'm assuming will be in again this year? The hat that AO and MaroonU carry are a couple years old and slightly different than the team issued version.
This is a good question. The hat that the stores have had is the one that was adopted from '13-'16. In '17, adi tweaked the hat a bit and made the bevel a downplayed pewter color inside the white T and the Lone Star Logo on the back was made larger. Retail never received that version last season. adi sent the prior (13-16) version instead. Not a huge deal but since I haven't been to College Station in a few months, was curious if the stores finally received the updated hat for this baseball season as it appears online that baseball gear is hitting the stores.

Retail and Team are normally 2 different entities within apparel providers (like adi, Nike and UA), so that could explain the discrepancy as they are orders placed at different times and it's up to the Team side of adidas to inform the Retail side of Adidas of any changes. They normally do, but sometimes Retail sends the older version of the product anyway. It may well be that it would require more cost for Retail to have the factory that they use, which again could be different than what Team uses, change the specs on the hats. Don't know. After talking with a rep at Aggieland Outfitters last season, some of the lack of available gear comes from the Aggie Baseball Team as they want a few things that are unique to the actual team and not just available in retail. Could have something to do with it too...
Capitol Ag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I miss the TPX hats...
Those were Pro-Line and actiually not TPX. TPX is Louisville Slugger equipment. Pro-Line used to make most of the caps worn in the region and a lot of teams around the country from the 80's-00's, but with growing number of big apparel contracts that major P5 schools have been getting, most baseball teams switched to the main supplier for their caps and I am not sure who still uses Pro-Line. The TPX was added on request of the Aggie Baseball Team as Pro-Line advertised the option to have either TPX or Easton placed on the back of the cap if a team had a contract from one of those for equipment.
I got a couple of the "adi" Pro-Line caps in '08 when they were accidentally sold to Barcelona Sporting Goods in Houston. And about 2 months ago, got a "new" one off eBay that had never been worn. At the time in 2008, Childress did not like the caps that adi had supplied us and stayed with Pro-Line and adi and Pro-Line agreed to allow the adi logo to be embroidered on the side. But they were not supposed to sell those to retail, which ultimately happened anyway. Pro-Line got in trouble. Anyway, the Ags switched to adi in 2010 for good. adi stepped up their game and make a very good hat now.
LRB38
S
I knew I could count on you to come thru in the clutch for me here. Input is greatly appreciated!
Capitol Ag
AG
LRB38 said:

I knew I could count on you to come thru in the clutch for me here. Input is greatly appreciated!
Sure thing! I've been watching for them. My OCD makes want the actual on field hat!
LRB38
S
I'm the same way!
Capt. America
AG
Well, I know outfitters still has plenty of throwbacks out there.
technoviking
AG
tjack16
AG
I wish the team would wear the lone star logo white and maroon caps that they wear in practice. Those are my favorite and look great with the maroon jerseys

They didn't wear them at all last season and they looked great in 15-16
Capitol Ag
AG
LRB38 said:

I'm the same way!

Aggieland Outfitters has them. The University store has the most sizes. George Bush had a few but not nearly as many. Picked one up upon entering town. It has a different sku number then the 14-16 maroon caps and they still have these older caps in stock as well. I will try to update this with that number as AO website doesn't appear to differentiate between the maroon On Field caps. But they do have them. And they can ship over the phone. Ask for the on field maroon cap with the gray bevel. But I'll look at my receipt once I get a chance and update this.

And they fit true to size. I tried in 4 different size 7 (small head) and each was the same.

Ask for Sku 126367. Adidas Texas A&M Aggie Block is the description. Person at store told me that if you call into the online store they can ship. HTH those who want this.

Also, there is a new RWB hat this year. Same as last 2 years except with a Stars and Stripes Lone Star Logo on front instead of the TAM and no flag nor logo on the back. But it's a cool hat.
LRB38
S
Solid info! Appreciate it!
Capitol Ag
AG
LRB38 said:

Solid info! Appreciate it!

You're welcome!
tjack16
AG

anybody know if these black hats are for sale?? I know they have some of the S/M and L/XL, but in this pic, it shows they have the normal sizes.
TxAgIB
AG
I thought the new maroon on field hat had a grey bevel?
Capitol Ag
AG
tjholley17 said:

anybody know if these black hats are for sale?? I know they have some of the S/M and L/XL, but in this pic, it shows they have the normal sizes.
That's the old Maroon On Field Hat. Here is a link to the AO site for the new hat: New Maroon On Field Baseball Hat. They are selling out fast but call them as the University store had quite a few in stock and the online store only shows what the warehouse has. They can pull from in store stock if you call,

Also, notice the tweet is from Aug 2017. Now, that black hat was what they had last season. The ones that the team received for '17 were fitted (sized) but retail never sold them. At least not last year. Hopefully they will be in this year.

Also, and I have zero idea if this is true, but it's possible that adi may have some gear for sell around the stadium or in the gift shop. No clue if that is true or not but I'll keep an eye out when I go next weekend. I might even call the Rough Riders gift shop to see if they might be selling any participating team apparel...

Edit: I called the gift shop and they said that they did have apparel last year for participating teams in the Frisco Classic, she said that the ticket office would have more details though and transferred me to them. I got a VM and left a message. I will let you know if I find out any details.

Edit #2: Yes, there will be apparel being sold and that the universities will be handling that. The locations of these will be near the Outpost (team store for Rough Riders) and inside the stadium. She really doesn't have any other details though. So we shall see.
Duck Blind
AG
tjholley17 said:

I bought my sized black one at an Aggie baseball camp. This may be one of those exclusive team items. It won't help now but see when the next camp is. They open a store and sell many team items. I even bought a pair of Easton practice shorts for my son with ATM BASEBALL sewn on the leg and one of the wool throwback hats with the Block T.
tjack16
AG
Capitol Ag said:

tjholley17 said:

That's the old Maroon On Field Hat. Here is a link to the AO site for the new hat: New Maroon On Field Baseball Hat. They are selling out fast but call them as the University store had quite a few in stock and the online store only shows what the warehouse has. They can pull from in store stock if you call,

Also, notice the tweet is from Aug 2017. Now, that black hat was what they had last season. The ones that the team received for '17 were fitted (sized) but retail never sold them. At least not last year. Hopefully they will be in this year.

Also, and I have zero idea if this is true, but it's possible that adi may have some gear for sell around the stadium or in the gift shop. No clue if that is true or not but I'll keep an eye out when I go next weekend. I might even call the Rough Riders gift shop to see if they might be selling any participating team apparel...

Edit: I called the gift shop and they said that they did have apparel last year for participating teams in the Frisco Classic, she said that the ticket office would have more details though and transferred me to them. I got a VM and left a message. I will let you know if I find out any details.

Edit #2: Yes, there will be apparel being sold and that the universities will be handling that. The locations of these will be near the Outpost (team store for Rough Riders) and inside the stadium. She really doesn't have any other details though. So we shall see.
D**n you.... now my wallet is a little lighter thanks to that link. (you the real MVP)
Capitol Ag
AG
tjholley17 said:

Capitol Ag said:

tjholley17 said:

D**n you.... now my wallet is a little lighter thanks to that link. (you the real MVP)
As did my wallet this weekend. Adds up fast!

Now, to get that black cap! My next campaign.
Capitol Ag
AG
JACK DUKE said:

tjholley17 said:

I bought my sized black one at an Aggie baseball camp. This may be one of those exclusive team items. It won't help now but see when the next camp is. They open a store and sell many team items. I even bought a pair of Easton practice shorts for my son with ATM BASEBALL sewn on the leg and one of the wool throwback hats with the Block T.
Was that this past summer or the year before? I wanted to hit one of the camps this past summer to see what they sold but was never able to schedule work and a visit to town with when the camps were happening. I should just email Hutch to see how that even works.
Duck Blind
AG
This past summer.
tjack16
AG
I placed an order last night online at AggielandOutfitters for the new Maroon hat, 7 1/4.... but still haven't received confirmation email

edit: and literally as soon as I hit send, they sent me an email saying it was shipped
Duck Blind
AG
tjholley17 said:

I placed an order last night online at AggielandOutfitters for the new Maroon hat, 7 1/4.... but still haven't received confirmation email

edit: and literally as soon as I hit send, they sent me an email saying it was shipped

I did too. The confirmation just showed up right now.
Farmer1906
AG
What are your thoughts on the previous one (65% Acrylic, 35% Wool) vs current one (100% Polyester)?

I have the older one and I have to say its great. Softer than my other caps and fits my dome really well.
Capitol Ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What are your thoughts on the previous one (65% Acrylic, 35% Wool) vs current one (100% Polyester)?

I have the older one and I have to say its great. Softer than my other caps and fits my dome really well.
The one I got fits very well, and while it is poly, I have not noticed any discomfort or difference in feel. The key is the way it fits on my head, which is more about me personally and the depth of the crown than the material and more of a "luck of the draw" that I tried on that particular cap in terms of how that one particular hat was made (vs the next size 7 in the same stack as there can be a variance). I like a hat that the top of the crown fits my head b/c if there's space, then the hat can slip down and rub on my giant ears (I've been cursed with the Timberlake ears from my dad's side-yes. that is my real last name. Justin is distantly related and we do not know each other) so hats that slip to my ears will rub them and irritate me awfully over time. adi hats, whether poly or acrylic/wool blend have all been pretty good when sized right. Not sure if that helps you, but my answer would be that the poly is fine.

My only issues with poly are that wool will shrink and that can give a hat character. You can get a slightly bigger wool hat and it will have a certain level of shrinkage (Seinfeld joke somewhere here) and the crown will break down to match a person's head and add to the comfort (goes back to the ear thing for me). Poly doesn't shrink. So you need to fit it true to your head size. Get a poly hat that is too big, it won't shrink. But the new hat's crown is a medium crown at best and not high and it looks great on my head and honestly I look terrible in high crown hats. I love the hat.
Capitol Ag
AG
I posted this on the uniform thread but thought I would post it here too. A new RWB cap that I was told at AO would be used at some point this year by the baseball team.

New RWB Cap
tjack16
AG
Capitol Ag said:

I posted this on the uniform thread but thought I would post it here too. A new RWB cap that I was told at AO would be used at some point this year by the baseball team.

New RWB Cap
not a fan .... the 41 version is way better IMO
Capitol Ag
AG
tjholley17 said:

Capitol Ag said:

New RWB Cap
not a fan .... the 41 version is way better IMO
I like the front as I am a big Lone Star Logo fan and the red eyelets and button, but wish there was a flag on the back like the '41 hats. I have 2 versions of the 41 hat, the one from 2 years ago and last year's which is the same but with a slightly smaller block TAM, which I actually like a little better as it's not as big a logo. I noticed that this was what they wore on Sunday, not the one AO is selling. But I am sure that the store is right and that they will be donning these newer ones soon enough. Maybe a military appreciation day or something...
Farmer1906
AG
The '41 caps fit like **** for my dome. I may get this one if it fits like the on-field cap.
LRB38
S
Finally able to pick one up today. They do fit true to their size.
Capitol Ag
AG
tjholley17 said:

FYI, I mentioned this in the Uniform thread, but I've reached out to a contact with AO to see if it might be possible to do a special order for the black cap pictured from adi. I will let you know what they say. We may need to start a thread specifically to see if there is enough interest.
tjack16
AG
Well I'll be in on that thread
tjack16
AG
I just got my new maroon one today Overall I love it. I like the fit more of the older ones, but this one is also great. They fit very true to size
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Does anyone know if the new hats fit any deeper than the old hats? I have one of the hats with the white front and it is too shallow for my big head. 59fifty's fit me way better due to how much deeper they are.
A thread on TexAgs posted ten minutes before noon Thursday had nearly 700 posts at 6:00 p.m. the same day.

The original poster, whose screen name is "Fish-N-Chips," wrote, "Fish camp is taking their pictures at the bonfire memorial and disgracing it! This infuriates me!!!"
Capitol Ag
AG
Fish-N-Chips said:

Does anyone know if the new hats fit any deeper than the old hats? I have one of the hats with the white front and it is too shallow for my big head. 59fifty's fit me way better due to how much deeper they are.
The adi hats are at best a medium crown. While I prefer the way they fit as I have a smaller head, I can see where you may be having an issue. If I were you, I'd hit up Lids, Academy or Dicks as they have high crown 5950 A&M hats.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.