What do you miss most about Aggieland?

2,127 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wreckncrew
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG

Whether you have moved away or still live in the area, what do you miss most about the Aggieland you knew as a student?

We cover 48 states and are able to offer everything from a "do-it -yourself" to a full service move or even a custom hybrid of services. We're your One Stop Shop to design the move that's right for you!

In the meantime, please CLICK HERE to hear from several of our past clients to learn more about working with our team at D&D. We look forward to doing all of the heavy lifting for you!

Dan Daniel, owner of D&D Moving and an Aggie Football Letterman,
has dedicated his life to the moving industry and his company offers a full line of services:
  • We are fully insured for your protection
  • Local & Interstate Moving Services
  • We service 48 states
  • Daily service to Houston, Austin, & Dallas
  • Load & unload rental trucks
  • Packing Services
  • Packing & Unpacking available
  • Packing materials at discounted prices.(Boxes / Paper / Tape)
Be sure to check out our extensive list of references!

We Offer Moving to 48 states!!!
Call or e-mail us for pricing and FREE estimates
dan@ddmovers.com
Free Online Quote

ddmovers.com
Penske Truck Rental
Phones answered 24 hrs. a day.
(979) 693-6233 / 1-800-332-9959
Fax (979) 695-8312
3700 Texas Ave South
College Station, TX 77845
Wildman15
AG
I miss the BOR and President actually caring about the students and not profiting off of sports. I miss the days before that stupid hotel got built. I miss the days when being a student at A&M actually meant something, instead of simply being a number on a roster. Things need to change.
BrandoC
AG
Nothing. When its time to move on from college, its time to move on. Some people just dont understand that.
Foxo
AG
There was no internet and I didn't have to read all the fire the coach posts after every loss.
histag10
AG
Being able to get anywhere in under 30 minutes. No buildings over 3 or 4 stories high on northgate. Having an actual rival in football. I wish every street between 2818 and 6 wasn't considered a "student housing area".

I obviously moved back, and it has been a sad realization how much this town has changed. But one thing that hasn't changed- 18 year old kids from Houston still suck at driving.
Ag 11
AG
Going to every home Aggie baseball game
Living across the street from The Chicken
Arctic Ag
AG
Running over to the Golden Arches between double header games to fill my pockets with $1 double cheeseburgers ....and the baseball
wreckncrew
AG
Walking through campus to get to the game. I miss the smells from all the tailgates and the good friends i havent seen in a while. I miss the buzz from the crowd as i walk through the plaza, through the gate, up the ramps and then finally walking through the crowd and walk to my section. I miss the loudness under the stands then the sweet relief when i see the open ski above and the perfect manicured field of Kyle Field below as the Fightin Texas Aggie Band plays The Noble Men of Kyle.

As the game nears, i miss the anxiety and anticipation as it builds within. I find myself closing my eyes and take in the sounds and smells. For some reason, it just smells so much sweeter in the stands of Kyle Field. Finally the tune so familiar to us all starts and we stand and sing The Spirit of Aggieland.

I miss the chant and echoes that ricochet around. I miss the flyover during our Star Spangled Banner. But most of all, I miss an old friend who would yell at the end of Texas, Our Texas....."ANTICLIMATIC ENDING NOW!!!!"

Wow, just realized this is about a month old.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.