Softball Update ?

3,663 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Justanotherposter
gigum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone with knowledge of how our team is shaping up this fall please share your insight. Especially interested in our incomIng class. Serious replies please.

Thanks
Colt98
AG
Everyone's back!! Incoming class has 4 pitchers and some big sticks.. We should be very optimistic about this year and the years to come. The transition of have a SEC ready roster and recruiting classes has come full circle starting with our senior class this year. I believe in the past we had our top 9 then our talent level declined after that. Now I believe pretty much anyone on the roster can come in and play at an SEC level.
gigum
AG
Which of the incoming pitchers is showing the most potential?
Colt98
AG
I personally don't know who looking good now. But just watching them last year in summer ball, MacGrandle is the real deal. Mayo has some very good stuff too. I dont know much about the other two. I'm hearing the GA girl throws hard.. I think with promoting Coach Dill and the pitchers we have on campus we will have a solid staff to work with. From outside it sure looks like Jo has our program loaded with high end talent across the board. Having all 9 starters returning and knowing that there are some fish that will totally battle them for playing time is an exciting problem to have..
dog
AG
Colt98 said:

I personally don't know who looking good now. But just watching them last year in summer ball, MacGrandle is the real deal. Mayo has some very good stuff too. I dont know much about the other two. I'm hearing the GA girl throws hard.. I think with promoting Coach Dill and the pitchers we have on campus we will have a solid staff to work with. From outside it sure looks like Jo has our program loaded with high end talent across the board. Having all 9 starters returning and knowing that there are some fish that will totally battle them for playing time is an exciting problem to have..
New stadium will only add to all this.
jfbdvm
AG
Who are the big sticks?
Belton Ag
AG
jfbdvm said:

Who are the big sticks?
There's power throughout the lineup. Last season the big sticks were Vidales, Sartain, and Cuyos. All three were in the top 10 in the league in home runs and slugging pct.

Really since Russell improved her batting average last year, there is no real weakness anywhere. This lineup is truly elite and will easily be one of the best in the SEC next year.

I think the biggest challenge is going to be getting the underclassmen time at the plate this year to prepare for the future. It's a nice problem to have.
Colt98
AG
Sounded like our girls did well today. It was Blinn. But hey Blinn only lost to tu last week 1-2. Show had a perfect game in a 10-0 game one win. Not sure the final on last game just know we played well.
Justanotherposter
We won the second game 7-0 with RBIs from Alderink, Hudek, Sartain, Miles, and Fritsch.
Full box score here: http://www.12thman.com/boxscore.aspx?id=8549&path=softball
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.