Kendall Rogers at practice today on his fall tour

3,980 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggieangler93
mdanyc03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

mdanyc03
AG
Hop
Staff
AG
I watched the first three innings of Thursday's scrimmage. Saenz has a wicked curveball, and the kid throws it for strikes. He was dominant...three perfect innings - no baserunners and four strikeouts.

He looks like a weekend hurler to me....granted, it's early.
mdanyc03
AG
As in weekend starter?
Hop
Staff
AG
mdanyc03 said:

As in weekend starter?
I know I'm getting ahead of myself after seeing a fish pitch in a intra-squad scrimmage, but he has weekend starter stuff. That curveball is pretty nasty and he was controlling it yesterday. We'll see if he can do it on a consistent basis, but if I'm looking at 4-5 possibilities for the weekend starter rotation, I'm definitely putting his name in the hat.
technoviking
AG
Hop said:

mdanyc03 said:

As in weekend starter?
I know I'm getting ahead of myself after seeing a fish pitch in a intra-squad scrimmage, but he has weekend starter stuff. That curveball is pretty nasty and he was controlling it yesterday. We'll see if he can do it on a consistent basis, but if I'm looking at 4-5 possibilities for the weekend starter rotation, I'm definitely putting his name in the hat.

Would you say you "hopped" to a conclusion?

Btw, I like hearing that a freshman is throwing daggers. Can't wait for this season!
HoustonAg2106
AG
Apparently Kendall Rogers has Arkansas as his number 1 team in the West, I guess they are returning a lot of players from last year.
W
AG
interesting. The Hogs' star player -- Spanberger -- signed with the Rockies
hogfan14
HoustonAg2106 said:

Apparently Kendall Rogers has Arkansas as his number 1 team in the West, I guess they are returning a lot of players from last year.

On paper, this may be the most talented Arkansas team top to bottom I've seen since joining the SEC, but anything can happen. We were ranked preseason #1 about 5 years ago and didn't stay there long. Baseball season can't get here soon enough lol
threeanout
AG
Has Conlon thrown any this fall?
Hop
Staff
AG
Yes
Foxo
AG
Is Fall Ball over?
Hop
Staff
AG
Foxo said:

Is Fall Ball over?
No, the fall series starts this Thursday at 3:00. Game two is Friday at 3:00. Games 3-5 are next week starting on WEdnesday, November 1.
moneyag7
Foxo said:

Is Fall Ball over?
Fall series starting this week!
Aggieangler93
AG
Looks like he's got his news on what he saw, up here:

https://d1baseball.com/fall-report/fall-report-texas-4/

You have to have a subscription to read all of it. Arms don't seem to be an issue, as usual. I believe beyond Shewmake, and Janca's progress over the summer, we have added a few power hitters as well. I think the next 2 years are going to be special for our club.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.