Request.... spilt baseball and softball forums

3,018 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both of these teams deserve their own board... both are making post season runs on the regular... why not split the boards so you can find the information we want?
TXAggie2011
AG
Honestly, unfortunately, not enough traffic for either sport, especially softball.

And for that, I don't think it all that difficult to find what you want here.
powerbelly
AG
There are still threads on the front page that haven't been posted on in a month.

There is not enough traffic to justify two boards.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Once baseball gets oing there will be a ton traffic
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
There is enough... if basketball has two so should baseball! All sports matter!
annie88
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

There is enough... if basketball has two so should baseball! All sports matter!

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
mwm
Both softball & baseball teams made the College World Series in 2017 with young rosters. They deserve separate threads. If for no other reason, Title IX.
Captain Pablo
AG
mwm said:

Both softball & baseball teams made the College World Series in 2017 with young rosters. They deserve separate threads. If for no other reason, Title IX.

What does Title IX have to do with this?
mwm
Gender equality?
Belton Ag
AG
mwm said:

Gender equality?
On a private website? The Feds don't have oversight here (yet).
Colt98
AG
I like the fact that we can drum up a little interest for sb with some of the baseball fans. I say leave them together. A lot of bb fans need to come and give softball a look this season. New stadium, loaded team. I wish they would schedule sec games to where bb fans could come and watch some games either after our bb game is over or before. Give a discounted rate if they have a ticket to bb game, earn some new fans. It's a fast, fun game to watch, and the new stadium is going to be amazing. I guarantee if you love to watch athletes compete, there's not a team that does this any harder than our sb team. Come and learn the small differences in this game and learn to love it as I have.
Captain Pablo
AG
mwm said:

Gender equality?

Title IX mandates separate baseball and softball message forums?

Please explain why you think this
Sean98
AG
Colt98 said:

I like the fact that we can drum up a little interest for sb with some of the baseball fans. I say leave them together. A lot of bb fans need to come and give softball a look this season. New stadium, loaded team. I wish they would schedule sec games to where bb fans could come and watch some games either after our bb game is over or before. Give a discounted rate if they have a ticket to bb game, earn some new fans. It's a fast, fun game to watch, and the new stadium is going to be amazing. I guarantee if you love to watch athletes compete, there's not a team that does this any harder than our sb team. Come and learn the small differences in this game and learn to love it as I have.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

New stadium, loaded team. I wish they would schedule sec games to where bb fans could come and watch some games either after our bb game is over or before. Give a discounted rate if they have a ticket to bb game, earn some new fans. It's a fast, fun game to watch, and the new stadium is going to be amazing.
I agree going forward. Talking to some people it's up in the air right now if there will be games played in the new stadium this year. I think the official word is that it'll be completed in March but I'd be shocked if it was, unless they added some more shifts like they did at Kyle Field.
twk
AG
Colt98 said:

I've never been to a softball game (unless you count watching from the upper deck at Olsen while they were playing an NCAA regional on Penberthy in the late '80s), and not watched more than a few minutes of a softball game on TV. Still, I don't mind baseball and softball sharing the forum. It's usually not hard to decipher which is a baseball post and which is softball, and to the extent that it's not clear, it just means I get a little softball knowledge by accident.
Expert Analysis
AG
Womens basketball got their own board after winning the NCAA championship. That board does not see much traffic. Softball would see less. It's easy to add another board, and would give them another advertisement opportunity.
mwm
C'mon, people. Don't y'all recognize tongue in cheek comments? Seriously, I don't want the federal government anywhere near TexAgs.
ensign_beedrill
AG
We're all missing the title of this thread.

No use crying over spilt baseball and softball forums.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.