Softball: Glasco to Auburn as Asst. Coach/Hitting Coach

8,652 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KBAGOLFER
BrokenLFarms
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I heard rumor of this earlier today...was hoping it wasn't actually true...but it is official.

So late for Jo to find anyone else...Feel horrible for Tori, Ashley, Kristen, Erica...et al Seniors.
phantomf15c
AG
Sad day for Aggie Softball. Gerry was an outstanding coach and the major contributor on this staff. He had to take the Auburn job for several reasons and I can't blame him a bit. GG is a great guy who was in no uncertain terms shown the door here imo. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Athletic dept could have stepped in but didn't. Very weak! The girls will survive though. Hard workers all...GG instilled his work ethic during his time here. Good luck Gerry and thank you for your time at A&M!
98Mom03
makes me sad
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

He had to take the Auburn job for several reasons and I can't blame him a bit. GG is a great guy who was in no uncertain terms shown the door here imo. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Athletic dept could have stepped in but didn't.
Uh, care to elaborate a bit?
phantomf15c
AG
No, not really.
MikeM1960
Then why post anything.
Tex100
AG

mullokmotx
AG
Jo can hire Kara Dill as a fulltime coach.
hillcountryag86
AG
phantomf15c said:

No, not really.

You throw it out there then run / shy away from any explanation. ****ty on your part.
sharpdressedman
During the few games I saw last season, the TV announcers were piling high praise on him. With the new facility, the success he has had in developing current players and the hype about the team's potential, there has to be a significant back-story. Maybe it's about geography, family or conflict with Jo?

CC-ag
AG
Former Aggie baseball plater Keith Stein is the new hitting coach for Aggie softball.

http://12thman.com/news/2017/9/27/softball-keith-stein-named-hitting-coach.aspx
mullokmotx
AG
Glad to see Kara Dill get hired on full time. She did an outstanding job with the pitchers last season.
Ags06Win
AG
Dill was leaving if not given full time spot.

Stein is married to former Aggie SB player.

Not sure what Aggies gain from replacing a quality hitting coach with a coach that hasn't lasted more than a couple years anywhere.. TAMUCC, SFA, UTSA, SHSU
Colt98
AG
I wouldn't say he hasn't lasted more than two years anywhere. More like coaching changes and promoting to better teams from what I see.
Ags06Win
AG
Colt98 said:

I wouldn't say he hasn't lasted more than two years anywhere. More like coaching changes and promoting to better teams from what I see.
Then you don't know the real story... No Ag Tag?
jt2hunt
AG
What's the real story?
Thoughtful engagement and discussion of the matter would be helpful to all of us.
Colt98
AG
I had an agtag.. it disappeared a few years ago and I never did whatever we had to do to get it back. Plus what does not having an ag tag have to do with it?? I was speculating,.
steiner85
AG
Ags06Win said:

Colt98 said:

Then you don't know the real story... No Ag Tag?
Stein was a volunteer assistant under Coach Evans at A&M ,Coach Brock (3 NC while at A&M) at SHSU, and Coach Lehotak at Penn State (pretty damn good mentors). TAMUCC, SFA, UTSA, A&M....every move has been an upgrade.
hillcountryag86
AG
Your username seems to suggest ......
steiner85
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Your username seems to suggest ......
that I might know a thing or 2 ...... and maybe slightly biased
Colt98
AG
Steiner - that is basically what I was getting out in my post to, just didn't give the specifics.
steiner85
AG
Colt98 said:

Steiner - that is basically what I was getting out in my post to, just didn't give the specifics.
Understood your original post, just expanding a bit
W
AG
going to work for the Auburn athletic department...be careful what your wish for.

they chew up and spit out coaches on a regular basis...in every sport
TMF
AG
phantomf15c said:

No, not really.

Way to hide behind the computer.
Ags06Win
AG
Know what a struggle it has been for him the last few years... using this as a chance at a stepping stone.

jt2hunt
AG
What struggle?
HiddenAg2
I think we had to keep Dill so someone had to go? Evans wasn't going to let her best friend go, so it was Glasco that got shown the door. I wish we could have more assistant coaches on staff.
MikeM1960
So Stein is a volunteer coach?
_mpaul
AG
I hope Erin still hangs around. I enjoy listening to her to color for the radio broadcasts.
Dogdoc
AG
Glasco was just named head coach at The University of Louisiana Lafayette after they fired Mike Lotief.
Belton Ag
AG
Dogdoc said:

Glasco was just named head coach at The University of Louisiana Lafayette after they fired Mike Lotief.
Well, after all that it looks like he probably would have left A&M for that job anyway even if he hadn't gone to Auburn. Glad to see him get a head gig - it was just a matter of time - and really glad to not have to face him at Aurburn every year.

Edit: While I think he's going to do very well, he's stepping into a rather interesting situation over there. The fired coach, Loteif, seems to have been a deranged lunatic. Hopefully he's able to put all that behind them quickly and make them forget that guy.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mike Loteif is a legend who did a lot of good for that softball program. Know some girls who played for him and they all enjoyed their time there as far as I understand.

Lots of players supporting him, others telling some questionable stories and making some serious accusation.

Lotief has had some very serious health problems and while I can only wonder, I wonder if that's sharpened any of his rough edges.

The coming lawsuit(s) will be interesting.
TXAggie2011
AG
Weirdly enough, ULaLa's new athletic director was around for a similar thing at Missouri.

Missouri's softball coach, Earlywine, ended up getting his job back...
Belton Ag
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Mike Loteif is a legend who did a lot of good for that softball program. Know some girls who played for him and they all enjoyed their time there as far as I understand.

Lots of players supporting him, others telling some questionable stories and making some serious accusation.

Lotief has had some very serious health problems and while I can only wonder, I wonder if that's sharpened any of his rough edges.

Just the story, corroborated by witnesses, of his meltdown at LSU with the grounds crew should have been grounds for immediate dismissal. Apparently he was screaming at them about putting his d/ck up their azzes (using that exact language) when they asked he and his team to leave the field. I'd say that kind of behavior goes far beyond the sharpening of a rough edge; that's a person with serious anger issues.
pudge
Belton Ag said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Just the story, corroborated by witnesses, of his meltdown at LSU with the grounds crew should have been grounds for immediate dismissal. Apparently he was screaming at them about putting his d/ck up their azzes (using that exact language) when they asked he and his team to leave the field. I'd say that kind of behavior goes far beyond the sharpening of a rough edge; that's a person with serious anger issues.
I can corroborate the story. I was sitting in the 1st row and watched the whole thing.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.