Game threads

1,576 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wildman15
Wildman15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried to keep up with the football game thread last night on the zoo for the first time. Y'all are much better. Thanks for making me look even more forward to the upcoming baseball season
Belton Ag
AG
The Zoo is a collection of barely sentient refuse wallowing in their own feces. By comparison the baseball board is a house of learned doctors.
zagman
AG
We are also baseball experts!
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Sean98
AG
...and even the baseball threads get pretty bad when things aren't going well. We can't pretend that we're immune from the problem. There's just a lot less interest for the most part.

But agreed that it's a much better place to be.
Sandman98
AG
You must not have checked in when we've been down 1-0 after the first inning. Folks start asking for RC to go to the parking lot.
Wildman15
AG
Oh I've been there for those games. Still much better than the football threads
mwm
I MISS YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Can it be time for Aggie baseball? PLEASE?
CoachLB
I love football and baseball. I coach football and have been an asst coach in baseball for a couple of years. Baseball and football players are as different as night and day and so are hardcore football and baseball fans. In football there is a possibility to win every game. And fans expect it every year. In baseball the fan is just as rabid but they clearly know going undefeated is almost if not completely impossible. In baseball sometimes the better team doesn't win. In football usually the better team wins. I am way more relaxed watching a baseball game. But yeah, the zoo can go completely crazy.
ensign_beedrill
AG
You know what the solution is.

Start a football game thread on the baseball board for baseball fans and just don't tell anyone at the zoo about it.
Capitol Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

The Zoo is a collection of barely sentient refuse wallowing in their own feces. By comparison the baseball board is a house of learned doctors.
Spot on. Premium football game thread isn't much better.
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

You know what the solution is.

Start a football game thread on the baseball board for baseball fans and just don't tell anyone at the zoo about it.
This idea. Genius!
mdanyc03
AG
Actually baseball game threads are often pretty terrible too, especially when it is a big enough game that football first fans start coming over.

A Tuesday night in march when we win 13-1... those threads are generally pretty good.
Wildman15
AG
Yeah, those people are just the bandwagon fans and aren't happy with anything
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.