Aggies vs Hogs 4/18/15

1,396 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 94chem
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was watching SportsCenter highlights over the weekend and noticed Andrew Benintindi and was reminded of a tough weekend for Aggie Baseball that I remember watching from 2015 season. I remember how elated I was feeling when Nick Banks hit a grand slam in Game 2 of a double header on SECN that Saturday night only to see the bullpen squander the game in the 8th and 9th.

I remember this Benintindi kid being a sophomore and I think he was named SEC Player of the Week after that series. Who knew he would be starting for the Red Sox in just 2 seasons. I think we were ranked #3 or #4 at the time as well and then I think we kind of tapered off down the stretch and then obviously lost to TCU in heart break fashion in the Super.

I kind of feel like this was the turning point of our baseball team. Obviously the CWS visit this year helped to quell the pain a bit, but I feel like this Arky series from 2015 set us on a little bit of a backwards course, from which we never quite recovered.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Wow talk about Drama
Capitol Ag
AG
I would say that it was a turning point that year but not afterwards. Also, while it hurt us to be honest it probably had the biggest impact in our seeding. Win that series and then see if we make a national seed. Don't know. But more than anything it was just painful as we hit the grand slam, then the rain delayed and they postponed the last innings until Sunday morning. I think if the game continues Saturday night we win the game and series.
W
AG
Benintendi killed the Ags in games 2 and 3 of that series. He reached base something like 8 of 9 AB's in those games. Ags could simply not get him out
Rascal
AG
Capitol Ag said:

I would say that it was a turning point that year but not afterwards. Also, while it hurt us to be honest it probably had the biggest impact in our seeding. Win that series and then see if we make a national seed. Don't know. But more than anything it was just painful as we hit the grand slam, then the rain delayed and they postponed the last innings until Sunday morning. I think if the game continues Saturday night we win the game and series.
Probably so.
94chem
We were undefeated in non-conference play. The only thing that cost us a national seed was theft.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.