Aggie baseball team with Conlon now ...

3,189 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by trm94
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. This could be a great season.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Fingers crossed we'll see him in an Aggie uniform come spring. It's been quite a ride since the draft.
technoviking
AG
Do y'all think conlon cracks the weekend rotation?

1. Doxakis
2. Kolek
3. Conlon/kilkinney/ruffcorn//miner?
themissinglink
AG
Basically that. I feel pretty confident that kolek and dox get two spots in the rotation. I would guess the Sunday spot goes to kilkenny, conlon or lacy. One of the freshmen takes the mid week start. If Kilkenny isn't a weekend starter, I would imagine he's turned into long relief.
technoviking
AG
Kilkinney served pretty well as closer last year. Who on our staff would represent his replacement as closer should he move to the weekend rotation?

Maybe given conlon's health concerns he may be suited for the closer spot with lacy/kilkinney during it out for the third rotation spot
themissinglink
AG
Sherrod and chafin. Maybe ruffcon or another one of the freshman from this past season? I'm not too worried about the bullpen next season. If someone beats him out for a weekend spot, I'd absolutely use him in the pen.
technoviking
AG
Sherrod is pretty hard throwing, I can see him as the closer too. Chafin solidified himself as the go to get out of the **** long term leftie.

You're right, the pitching rotation and pen, barring injury/stupid decision making is stacked. That's what happens when guys decide to come back and/or are drafted by the orioles. It's a great problem to have!

I feel good about this team in 2018. Real good.
Wicked Good Ag
Chaffin may start

If Foster can improve by 25 points in batting average and strikeout less then along with Juco 2nd baseman and Janca having a terrific summer I can see a national seed out of this team possibly. The RPI should be significantly better without Bowling Green Pepperdine and Brown Regardless of the Tuesday games we schedule
technoviking
AG
chaffin as a starter would be nice. he seems perfect as the main long reliever, though.

foster is hitting .306 as of today (8-13-17), but he's averaging almost a strikeout per game (32 SOs in 34 g)

janca is scorching the ball! im really excited to watch him step up this year, he's gotten progressively better since his freshman year. he has 10 errors on the year though, which is frustrating. he's playing SS again though i believe so that number may be an anomaly. he was solid as a defender last year.

we need zach deloach to fill choruby's shoes. that's a tall order.

it looks like we'll be better at SS and 3B for sure next year.
dirkjones
AG
Chafin was promised the first chance at starting on Sunday so I would expect him there to start the season.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dirkjones said:

Chafin was promised the first chance at starting on Sunday so I would expect him there to start the season.

How do you know he was promised? or is that just speculation?
dirkjones
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dirkjones said:

How do you know he was promised? or is that just speculation?
Was one of my last insider info since my insider now playing milb.
trm94
AG
Conlon will add to an already deep pitching staff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.