LSU loses their returning ace

3,023 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Floorguy
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tough news for the player. As a Dad of a pitcher I hate this but understand pitching is not a natural act and TJ can be the result.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4b20c704-625f-11e7-997c-33fc385c7462.html?utm_content=buffer1bc56&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
W
AG
tough news for Walker.

LSU won't be preseason top 10 now.

the Ags might be the West favorite
RGLAG85
AG
Unfortunately know the signs all too well and when he threw that last pitch, I knew where he was headed. Sad for him and hope he has a full recovery.
LSU Baseball Fan
Well, *****

None of our three stud starters on this year's team will be available to next year's team. Some guys will have to step up. Most likely Hess, Gilbert, and one of the freshmen. Looking like 2018 we'll be a good team, and 2019 has the potential to be as good as this team was.

This sucks, but I'd much rather it happen now than right before the season. At least Mainieri can plan ahead and develop 3 starters, and we can redshirt/greyshirt him. Walker can take his time with about 19 months to get back to 100%.
LSU Baseball Fan
Reading through that article made me remember how many pitchers we could have had on this 2017 team that we lost to injury or transfer. Cartwright and Norman would have been experienced arms out of the pen, and that Mac Marshall kid who inexplicably transfered to a JUCO could have maybe been a starter. Godfrey also transferred.

Having those extra arms might have made the difference against Florida.
coloradoag69
AG
I'm truly sorry for the young man, and I wish him a speedy and successful recovery.

College baseball has to be the biggest crap shoot among all the sports. If a player is really successful early, he may only be available two years and likely three. I don't know this young man's particulars, but he may be draft eligible at the end of next season and never pitch college ball again.

Everyone is concerned about transfers, but with partial scholarships and the major league contracts calling, players want to get to a place where they can show their skills. It's a tough situation for coaches trying to fill their rosters.
twk
AG
coloradoag69 said:

I'm truly sorry for the young man, and I wish him a speedy and successful recovery.

College baseball has to be the biggest crap shoot among all the sports. If a player is really successful early, he may only be available two years and likely three. I don't know this young man's particulars, but he may be draft eligible at the end of next season and never pitch college ball again.

Everyone is concerned about transfers, but with partial scholarships and the major league contracts calling, players want to get to a place where they can show their skills. It's a tough situation for coaches trying to fill their rosters.
Bad beak for the kid, but if it was going to happen, probably better to happen while he's in school rather than in the low minors. Sure, if he was in the minors, he could go to school while rehabbing, but it would be tough to do without the support that you would get from your college teamates and the familiar surroundings of school.
Floorguy
And the Mccay kid transferred to Juco. I wonder why that didn't work out at LSU?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.