Going to Omaha Monday 26th

1 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BringJackieBack89
Craigy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any other Ags gonna be there? Is it proper to sport Aggie gear? Any hints I need to know? Anyone have game tickets?
ensign_beedrill
AG
Go ahead and wear Aggie stuff. Lots of people wear their school's stuff even if their schools aren't in. Have fun.
PhatMack19
AG
Wear your Aggie gear.

Primesport.com is where you get tickets. The cheapest ticket on there right now is $100. Keep checking it randomly and you should be able to score some for way less. Wait until after lunch tomorrow and the prices should go way down.

If not you can always buy them on the street. Omaha police are on the scalpers, so you can at least get some for face value closer to game time.
Liquid Wrench
I don't think I'd go decked out in gear for a team that's been eliminated, but there's nothing wrong with wearing your everyday hat.
TXAggie2011
AG
Folks here will be wearing all sorts of clothes from their particular school, including many from eliminated teams. Its a festival of college baseball at a neutral site. You're not walking into a Longhorn-Sooner game in Austin wearing A&M gear.
BringJackieBack89
AG
2011 is right. There are plenty sporting their team's gear. I wore one of my jerseys the day after we were eliminated and was amongst plenty of others in their Aggie gear too.

The place is full of people who enjoy college baseball. Have fun and engage in some great conversations with people who know quite a bit about the college game and baseball, in general.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I don't think I'd go decked out in gear for a team that's been eliminated
Why the hell not? It's better than wearing gear of a school that didn't even qualify.

A&M's sign is still in the outfield. They didn't take it down after we got eliminated.
ensign_beedrill
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

I don't think I'd go decked out in gear for a team that's been eliminated
Why the hell not? It's better than wearing gear of a school that didn't even qualify.

A&M's sign is still in the outfield. They didn't take it down after we got eliminated.

For sure! Go fully maroon if you like. I got no less than 3 compliments on my maroon shoes while I was in Omaha.
Craigy
Just wanted to share my trip to Omaha for the final 2 games. Great experience. Went with 2 other guys one being an ex LSU FB player. Wore my Aggie gear and only one time did a LSU fan say derog but he was a kid so it was a pass. LSU fan base dominated the scene. I would guess 25 (or 6) to 4. However, Omaha local fans have adopted LSU as their team and by the most part they were the ones leaving early( an Aggie can tell the difference). in the second game First game , sat first base line next to Florida dugout above the camera pit 2nd row. Got ESPN exposure when the LSU bat came flying in the 8th inning. . Met Bert Jones. He flew in on his plane from Ruston but wasn't going to Tuesday game. Picked up those awesome tickets $125 a piece 45 minutes before game. 2nd game tickets were even tougher but I ended up picking up a ticket 1st row down the 3rd base line where the line foul shot was hit in the 8th inning. Before the game I tried to buy a lower in Florida section but the female gator fan wold only sell to another gator fan. So if I went to to tent and bought a gator shirt she would sell to me and half price. Just as soon as I did that and came back to her she had just sold it. Alas, I'm selling the shirt to a gator fan I know in Fla. Fans were well behaved , no conflicts at all. Quite a few very tall young female fans. I saw 3 girls (no dudes) over 6' 3" on the streets LSU fans showed their colors when the cups came flying but other than that nothing. Saw 3 other sets of Aggies. Actually most all of the LSU fans were friendly. Omaha was clean and the locals and the bar scene was very good. Many folks make the yearly trek to Omaha not matter who is playing.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Glad you had a great time. Looks like you may be hooked too! Welcome!

There is no better time than Omaha for 2 weeks every June!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.