2018 Fighting Texas Aggie baseball team

7,818 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Foxo
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ags7177 said:

Looks like we lost an outfielder. Stanley's twitter says Howard College Baseball. I would have liked to see his potential next season if he got the chance
pretty sure he got a chance and didn't produce enough to get meaningful playing time. He'll get a shot in JC to show another D1 team that he can hit lefties.
ags7177
Pennington was under .200 the majority of the season and could barely touch a righty but kept playing. Yes a senior vs freshman is different stories, just saying with Stanley's summer stats it would have been nice to see if he could come in with the chance of playing next season.

Coaches have "their guys" and he wasn't one of them
LawHall88
AG
Here is an update on Janca from the summer Cape Cod league:

Quote:

George Janca, SS/3B, Texas A&M (Falmouth Commodores)
A rising junior, Janca entered this summer after a lackluster spring at Texas A&M in which he struck out nearly five times as often as he walked and finished with a .725 OPS. Expected to be no more than a fifth infielder for the Falmouth Commodores, the 6'2" Texan did nothing but hit from the moment he arrived on the Cape from Omaha, establishing himself as one of the Cape's 2017 breakout performers. Still lacking plate discipline he walked only seven times in 131 summer plate appearances Janca showcased above-average bat speed and plus raw power that he was able to manifest into 13 extra-base hits.

Defensively, Janca is equipped with average range and an above-average arm, and looked passable at shortstop and potentially above-average at third base if he outgrows shortstop. Given his athletic upside and impressive hitting display on the Cape, Janca has placed himself on the radar heading into his junior year. However, his lack of production to date at school and glaring lack of plate discipline attaches plenty of risk to his profile. A less aggressive approach at the plate at Texas A&M this coming spring, to go along with improved production, would go a long way toward allowing Janca to continue his rise up draft boards.
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=32638
histag10
AG
ags7177 said:

Pennington was under .200 the majority of the season and could barely touch a righty but kept playing. Yes a senior vs freshman is different stories, just saying with Stanley's summer stats it would have been nice to see if he could come in with the chance of playing next season.

Coaches have "their guys" and he wasn't one of them

Pennington was a senior and Coll was a red shirt freshman. Also, Pennington had proven that he had potential to be better than he played this last season.

If you really don't understand why Pennington got more play time over Stanley, I'm not really sure what to tell you.
technoviking
AG
I'm excited for Janca this year. I'm really happy that he's turned the corner (in my opinion he has) since he was benched his freshman year.

The left side of our infield is set, and with Helman at 2nd I'm happy too. I hope Bedford stays even or even improves. I'm hoping for Coleman to improve at 1B.

OF is gonna be interesting to see pan out.

Doxakis has had a hell of a summer; along with Kolek and Chafin/Kilkinney/Conlon - that's a solid weekend rotation.
dirkjones
AG
Foster will not play 1st base.
technoviking
AG
Sorry, I was thinking hunter Coleman but wrote foster
Foxo
AG
When will the new roster be posted?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.