*****The College World Series Thread*****

79,288 Views | 1008 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by W
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't think Skoug was gonna get that.

The announcers shouldn't be allowed to name drop unless they also say the name of the university the player played at.
dermdoc
AG
That thing on the top of Karl Ravach's head needs to be shot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ftworthag02
AG
Traver done after 4
Charlie 31
AG
The Gators wore out the Horned Frogs' pitching in 4 innings. Game on, now, with Florida ready to pour some sugar on TCU. Gig' em and Go SEC!!!
swimmerbabe11
Expensive error from Skoug.

Should be out of the inning.
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu has a amazing bullpen and is deep
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu bullpen 11 innings 0 runs
tk for tu juan
Bases loaded K

AggieBiker
AG
That looked way inside and up. Can't believe they called that a strike. Am I wrong?
powerbelly
AG
AggieBiker said:

That looked way inside and up. Can't believe they called that a strike. Am I wrong?

I thought it was a strike
swimmerbabe11
heavens ta betsy.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
UF saving pitching for next game...........
RGLAG85
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Wildman15 said:

So I'm torn between either wanting Florida to win or TCU to win. I want Florida to win because they're an SEC team. But TCU knocked us out, so I would rather we be knocked out by the CWS champion. What say you baseball board??

TCU is the worst fan base I regularly have to deal with by a large margin. **** tcu.
tcu's fans are to baseball what baylol fans are to football!
Bondag
AG
Is Baker on travel roster? Why is he allowed in the dugout?
swimmerbabe11
RGLAG85
AG
Bondag said:

Is Baker on travel roster? Why is he allowed in the dugout?
Good question! I'm surprised they'd waste a roster spot on any player that can't contribute. With pitching at a premium, you'd think they'd rather bring anybody who could contribute over an injured player. Shows the respect they have for him as a leader.
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu is going to win this. Great pitching, timely hitting (hitting it where it's pitched) , and excellent defense other than skougs bad throw to 2nd and merrills error.
RGLAG85
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

If they were able to do that, that's another reason the ncaa needs to be disbanded.
swimmerbabe11
It's probably a joke. I dont think they can do that.

I think I heard someone saying that he's watching pitchers and talking to players about what he's seeing to try to help them adjust.
twk
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I think I heard someone saying that he's watching pitchers and talking to players about what he's seeing to try to help them adjust.
The point is, you can't usually pay for a player not on the post-season roster to attend, and I don't think you can have them in the dugout if they are on their own dime in most cases. I know that Kramer Robertson didn't get to go to the CWS with LSU in 2015 when he was injured. Just seems curious that Baker is there.
Bondag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Joel Davis watched the Houston series from the stands because he was not on travel squad. If Baker is in dugout and not on travel roster that should be a rules violation.
swimmerbabe11
I'm sure he is then. I know they didn't announce that he was out for the season until after the selection show.

It certainly isn't like it is a secret, so I'm sure whatever the case is, it is kosher
ftworthag02
AG
Someone w/ twitter should tweet kendall Rogers
PhatMack19
AG
Skoug 3 run double to blow it open.

8-2 TCU T6
ftworthag02
AG
Boom!
swimmerbabe11
http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2017-06-20/college-world-series-despite-injury-tcus-luken-baker-major-part-run

So, yeah, kept him on travel squad... he didn't go to Big 12 tourney though

RGLAG85
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2017-06-20/college-world-series-despite-injury-tcus-luken-baker-major-part-run

The article only say he "traveled" to Omaha and why isn't he in the picture of that article of the team flight?
LSU Baseball Fan
If LSU can somehow pull off a miracle and win tomorrow, this is just what we need to have any chance in the finals. TCU and Florida will both throw their aces tomorrow.

I want Florida to win tomorrow. SEC school, and we match up better with them than TCU.
PhatMack19
AG
RGLAG85 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

The article only say he "traveled" to Omaha and why isn't he in the picture of that article of the team flight?
I'm pretty sure this is the first game he's attended. The cameraman would have found him way before tonight if he was at the other games.
swimmerbabe11
he's been at them all.
powerbelly
AG
PhatMack19 said:

RGLAG85 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm pretty sure this is the first game he's attended. The cameraman would have found him way before tonight if he was at the other games.
He has been in dugout for all their games at cws
jt2hunt
AG
3 hits for Florida, wow.
PhatMack19
AG
2 games tomorrow

LSU vs Oregon St- 2pm

TCU vs Florida- 7pm
swimmerbabe11
Guess I'll see y'all tomorrow
tk for tu juan
Bonus baseball

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.