Heritage hats on sale at AO

12,798 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Capitol Ag
TexAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not the ones with piping. Flex-fit. S/M and L/XL.

Sized ones that were special ordered in May will arrive in August, per AO employee.

SIAP, have not seen the Heritage thread in a while.
Capitol Ag
AG
Good find!
JmacAg07
AG
Don't see them available online yet, any chance they will put them on the website for the out of towners?
Capt. America
AG

Quick note. I chatted with them yesterday and these are not the special order hats from the pre-order sale. The structure will have a higher crown and are flex-fit only. The pre-ordered fitted hats will not be in until August.
ensign_beedrill
AG
This is cool, but glad I got in on the fitted preorder. These flex-fits never fit. S/M are too small, L/XL are too large. Would rather have an adjustable strap, honestly.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Why is the T deformed?
Capt. America
AG
It's historically relevant. That is the same T that was on our baseball caps in the 50s.

TexAg91
AG
JmacAg07 said:

Don't see them available online yet, any chance they will put them on the website for the out of towners?

I did not ask. I simply saw them at the University location Wednesday and then asked the clerk when the pre-orders of the sized caps would arrive.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Ok. I understand now.
JmacAg07
AG
Looks like they just added them to the website, thanks for the heads up!
LRB38
S
Are these only at the University store or do they have them at the others as well?
powerbelly
AG
I preordered the heritage hat, but I am picking one of these up as well. Just in case the sizing is weird on the preorder.
tjack16
AG
Picked one up just now. I don't like the flex fit hats, but I missed the pre-order so I guess it'll have to do
Aggieangler93
AG
flat billed....may have to get one anyway, but that sucks...
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
powerbelly
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

You know you can bend the bill, right?
Capitol Ag
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Curve it. Plenty of online tutorials if you don't know.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Seriously?
tjack16
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

You're surprised that they are flat bill? That's how every "on-field" hat is
Aggieangler93
AG
Sorry... shouldn't complain...caught me in a moment of weakness....

I do like the heritage concept, and the fact that they looked at each school's historical unis when making these replicas....seems like more imagination and forethought than usually goes in to uniform decisions.....
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
tjack16
AG
I love flat bills ... but I'm also 23. So that's all my generation has really known with baseball hats. I'm just not big on the flex fit. I prefer specific sizes... but I guess beggars can't be choosers
Bunk Moreland
flat bills and flex fits suck.

Pass.
tjack16
AG
All of the ones in the store were flat bill... but the ones online are curved bills. Strange ...
powerbelly
AG
tjholley17 said:

All of the ones in the store were flat bill... but the ones online are curved bills. Strange ...
The ones online are an artist mockup. You can easily curve the bill to match.
AgEng06
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Kids these days don't even know how to curve a cap bill and need an online tutorial? Good grief.
Eliminatus
AG
The flat bills today are usually much larger in area than your typical ball cap. And they are pretty damn hard to bend and look right. It's not really a "bend with your hands for a few seconds" endeavor anymore. At least to get more than a very superficial bend that will last more than a couple of minutes.These caps are not built to be bent at all. The bowl itself tends to be a lot more deep and IMO looks funny as well when bent. Like it is just perched on your head. And why it is hard to get a decent looking bend on it without looking like a dork.

Plus, I usually prefer unconstructed hats. Another reason I also tend to hate flat bills.

That being said.....I still want a heritage one.
Capitol Ag
AG
AgEng06 said:

Capitol Ag said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Kids these days don't even know how to curve a cap bill and need an online tutorial? Good grief.
Yup. They have online tutorials for everything though, lol. But honestly, a lot of my generation who telescoped every hat didn't know the correct way. It took me awhile in college not to crease a bill. Yet some like a crease. It's really one's own preference.
AggieBand2004
AG
Eliminatus said:

The flat bills today are usually much larger in area than your typical ball cap. And they are pretty damn hard to bend and look right. It's not really a "bend with your hands for a few seconds" endeavor anymore. At least to get more than a very superficial bend that will last more than a couple of minutes.These caps are not built to be bent at all. The bowl itself tends to be a lot more deep and IMO looks funny as well when bent. Like it is just perched on your head. And why it is hard to get a decent looking bend on it without looking like a dork.

Plus, I usually prefer unconstructed hats. Another reason I also tend to hate flat bills.

This. Especially the bolded part. The larger bill looks ridiculous when bent
Capitol Ag
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Eliminatus said:

Each manufacturer is different I have found. New Era hats were always tricky to curve. Older ones seemed to be make of straight cardboard and once they were creased wrong, that would stay with the hat. Today, NE seems to have improved the bill and the curve is easier to do. adi hats are made slightly different. They seem to be hard to traditionally curve. If you do it creates "wings" (my best way to describe it) where the edges of the bill almost look out of place. But I figured out that the best thing to do is "fold" the bill down the center. Not crease it persay. Just enough to creat a natural curve in the center. Works really well for me.
LRB38
S
Not trying to hijack a thread... but I would like to say that after reading various threads on hats, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has an obsession with them.
Sean98
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Eliminatus said:

And even dumber when flat.
Capitol Ag
AG
LRB38 said:

Not trying to hijack a thread... but I would like to say that after reading various threads on hats, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has an obsession with them.

Totally guilty as well. If you really want to have some fun, visit newerahattalk.com. There are some real hat nazis on there for sure. The format of the site is terrible but I follow the TBTC thread to see what throwbacks the MLB will use this year.
LRB38
S
Awesome, I'll have to check that out.
AgRyan04
If any of you are in Omaha

There is a building in the middle of the lot with all of the retail tents. Inside the building is an Adidas store. They have about 7 or 8 of the sized throwback hats left in various sizes.

Good luck.
farmer95
AG
Looks like the flex fit has a more structured build than the fitted. Can anyone confirm?
LRB38
S
Bought one the other day and it is pretty structured in comparison to the look of the other one. Haven't actually tried on the team issued one, so can't confirm for certain.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.