Runner Missed Base

3,195 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TyHolden
alamoaggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw Alabama softball runner miss third. Florida did not catch it though the TV certainly did. Don't see many missed bases anymore and but obviously see fewer defenses catching it. Another basic.
tk for tu juan
At least they did not miss home after a home run this time.
TMartin
That's the kind of stuff you expect coaches to pick up.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Ever seen this??

I actually has a summer coach tell me to routinely do this if we only had a 2-man ump crew... never did because I would never have been able to wipe the bush league off of me,
CapCityAg89
AG
The world would be a better place if we didn't encourage cheating as a path to success.
LC Wannabe
S
When I played JUCO ball, we always had 2-man umpire crews, and we ran the "cut play" a few times. Push bunt down the 1st base line, both umpires follow the ball, and runner on 2nd cuts 3rd base.

schmellba99
AG
TMartin said:

Isn't Alabama currently a little short on coaching right now?
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Never try the hidden ball trick with 2 ump crew unless u warn the umpire. I was field ump once and the play may have worked if I saw it, but I have no idea if the tag was on time.
nereus
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Never try the hidden ball trick with 2 ump crew unless u warn the umpire. I was field ump once and the play may have worked if I saw it, but I have no idea if the tag was on time.
What do you have to lose? Even if the umpire misses it, you are still right back where you started. No harm in running it anyways.
Justanotherposter
TaterAg said:

Ever seen this??

I actually has a summer coach tell me to routinely do this if we only had a 2-man ump crew... never did because I would never have been able to wipe the bush league off of me,

How did no one notice he missed the base?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Justanotherposter said:

TaterAg said:

Ever seen this??

How did no one notice he missed the base?
Because there are only two umps and they are watching the ball rolling down the first base line and the play at first/home...even if the third baseman appealed they couldn't call him out unless they actually saw him cut third.

I was taught the same thing in summer ball when I was in high school...

W
AG
isn't there a 3rd umpire behind the mound?
W
AG
or is the first base coach dressed like an ump?
nereus
AG
That is the second umpire. You might be seeing the first base coach dressed in black and thinking that is an umpire.
VaultingChemist
AG
I witnessed a high school game in which a softball player hit a home run but missed touching 3b. After she touched home plate, and play resumed after the celebration ended, the fielding team appealed and she was called out. Her father went absolutely nuts, as well as the coach. It took over 10 minutes before the next pitch was thrown.
Sean98
AG
This. That is bush league BS.
Sean98
AG
schmellba99 said:

TMartin said:

Isn't Alabama currently a little short on coaching right now?

That's Aubie.
TyHolden
AG
TaterAg said:

Ever seen this??

thats the funniest **** I've seen in a while
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.