Will it be apples to apples?

2,261 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nereus
RGLAG85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will the committee punish TCU's seeding because Baker, their best player, is out like they did the Ags a few years back when we lost our no.1 pitcher? If I remember correctly, that was part of the justification for not making us a national seed.
Aggies2009
AG
Probably not. The problem with a "committee" is that it's a group of humans who arbitrarily make it up as they go along and aren't held accountable. There are loose guidelines that they go on but ultimately they can justify their picks any way they want and directly contradict that the next year.
RGLAG85
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Probably not. The problem with a "committee" is that it's a group of humans who arbitrarily make it up as they go along and aren't held accountable. There are loose guidelines that they go on but ultimately they can justify their picks any way they want and directly contradict that the next year.
My thoughts exactly.
Steph1995
AG
I agree with what you said about the committee... but there's also a difference between loser a #1 pitcher and the impact they have on a team as opposed to a first baseball/power hitter even with how great of a player Baker is...

Saying that, I don't think that teams should be punished for injured players ever in the postseason... a winning team often finds ways to win even when guys get hurt
Aggies2009
AG
Steph1995 said:

I agree with what you said about the committee... but there's also a difference between loser a #1 pitcher and the impact they have on a team as opposed to a first baseball/power hitter even with how great of a player Baker is...

Saying that, I don't think that teams should be punished for injured players ever in the postseason... a winning team often finds ways to win even when guys get hurt
Which we did. It required juggling our pitching staff a bit, but we got it done. To win a Super, you need 2 good pitchers, which we had even after the injury to Stilson.

Don't even get me started on the 2015 SR.
TMartin
Anything to do with the NCAA ..............
Wabs
AG
Hyman
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Bold thoughts are bold!
nereus
AG
The other thing with a committee is it isn't the same people on the committee as before. So even if every individual committee member was consistent (which they aren't), the balance of committee members that prefer one metric over another wouldn't necessarily be the same.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.