2017 NCAA Baseball tournament yea or nay

17,594 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ragoo
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What say you? Do we make the tournament and if so what seed?
technoviking
AG
Yea, 3
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Yea, 2 seed in Palo Alto
W
AG
Yes.

as of tonight the math is still in A&M's favor.

RPI #42 SoS #47
cheeky
AG
Make it but gone before you know it.

The Childress Condition
TXAggie2011
AG
Yes
Liger
definitely yes...unless too many upsets in the non-power five conferences like Southland (if Sam Houston wins conference tournament), etc.
MROD92
Good guys get in
SeattleAg05
AG
I think so. Not sure anybody really wants to see the ags in their region as a 3 either.
trm94
AG
Unsure. Need to see weekend results before assessing
TempleAg97
AG
I think the only way we get left out is if the bubble bursts (which is always possible). But this feels a lot like the year we thought we might not get in and then popped up as a #2 at Oregon State.
CapCityAg89
AG
So are you going to keep posting "The Childress Condition"? Do you think it's going to catch on somehow?
ja86
AG
yes
1997Aggie
AG
Yes. We are definitely limping into the tourney but we will get in. The last 4 weeks have not been stellar at all. Very disappointed with season ending slide.
SECTAMU#1
Yes, but we will be a 3 seed and won't make it out of the Regional.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yes. Let's do it!
Tex100
AG
3 seed with Hill and Martin clicking that makes it to Omaha. Have one loss in regional.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I think we make it, but juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust barely.

However, I can't shake this sick feeling that we'll be that one Power 5 team that everyone thinks should be in...but gets left out. Every year there is a team or two that inexplicably gets left out of the dance. Not saying it will be us, but as of late we have certainly given the committee plenty of reasons (real or imagined) to pass us over.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
alamoaggie 64
No, the way we closed out will knock us out.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
#3 in Norman or Lubbock
tbone421998
AG
3 Seed
ensign_beedrill
AG
Yay!
Capitol Ag
AG
Stagecoach said:

The Childress Condition

A. Why is this even starred?
B. So is the "Childress Connection" a team that wins conference titles and goes to Supers but barely misses the CWS or is it an outlier team that makes a regional on a down year with a chance that anything can happen? This "Childress Connection" or whatever some seem to define it as seems to change to match the person's agenda who is using it. To me, one could rightly argue that given this was always a down year, RC and his staff coached a hell of a year to get this squad to a regional. There are plenty of things to be critical of Childress about, but making the post season THIS year isn't one. All programs have down years. It's just a reality of college baseball. I am more critical of RC not taking one of the last 2 squads (15 or 16) to a CWS than how far he goes this one year.
C. To answer the question, we are in. I have no doubts personally. Granted, not on committee and anything can happen, but the committee has never denied an SEC team with a winning conference record. Feel like that will hold true this year as well.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Stagecoach said:

The Childress Condition

A. Why is this even starred?
B. So is the "Childress Connection" a team that wins conference titles and goes to Supers but barely misses the CWS or is it an outlier team that makes a regional on a down year with a chance that anything can happen? This "Childress Connection" or whatever some seem to define it as seems to change to match the person's agenda who is using it. To me, one could rightly argue that given this was always a down year, RC and his staff coached a hell of a year to get this squad to a regional. There are plenty of things to be critical of Childress about, but making the post season THIS year isn't one. All programs have down years. It's just a reality of college baseball. I am more critical of RC not taking one of the last 2 squads (15 or 16) to a CWS than how far he goes this one year.
C. To answer the question, we are in. I have no doubts personally. Granted, not on committee and anything can happen, but the committee has never denied an SEC team with a winning conference record. Feel like that will hold true this year as well.
Agreed, those teams the last two years were championship caliber teams.
Gizzards
AG
We will probably make it, but I fear the same lackluster performances will continue and we will be bounced out in two quick games.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

#3 in Norman or Lubbock
OU is not going to host. I can see Lubbock happening, and I'm honestly fine with that.
W
AG
one note about Childress' conference championships...

in his first 6 years (2006-2011)...he won 5 titles.

3 tournament championships and 2 regular season championships.

in the last 6 years (2012-2017)...he has only won 1 title.

1 tournament championship.

--------

that metric is not trending in the right direction. It needs refreshing / replenishing. Can't hang the hat much longer on titles won 8, 9, 10 years ago
Wicked Good Ag
SEC is so much better than Big 12 was in baseball excluding maybe this year so more difficult to win titles

Not pot banging for Childress just a realist when it comes to this stuff
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

one note about Childress' conference championships...

in his first 6 years (2006-2011)...he won 5 titles.

3 tournament championships and 2 regular season championships.

in the last 6 years (2012-2017)...he has only won 1 title.

1 tournament championship.

--------

that metric is not trending in the right direction. It needs refreshing / replenishing. Can't hang the hat much longer on titles won 8, 9, 10 years ago
You can say that all you want, but the 2015 and 2016 teams were just as good if not better than any big 12 team we had...just a much harder conference to win.
Aggieangler93
AG
I say we are in.

Of course, my decision is based on logic, and they use a magic eight ball or bingo hopper some years....so who the hell knows?

I will say our slide as of late, has not helped matters....but we should be in, somewhere. We need to tighten things up just a bit, and we will be fine. We can do this!

What really excites me, is that we may still be a few years away, but by the time Shewmake is a Junior, I think we are going to be primed for a deep Omaha run.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
amercer
AG
I think we'd be better off winning the NIT then getting bounced in the first round.
dermdoc
AG
It really helped us for Ole Miss to lose last night. We need LSU, Arky, Florida, or Kentucky to win the tourney.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Skull Session
Sec baseball pundits said we needed a win to get in, we didn't get it, so we might not make it. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't. In fact I am not counting on it.
We need a major overhaul in the program anyway, players, coaches, the whole works. 1 year out of 12 just goes to show that Childress does not have what it takes as an HC to get the program to the CWS. He is not much of an improvement over mark Johnson. 3 trips in 37 years isn't meeting any goals!
AgEng06
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

So are you going to keep posting "The Childress Condition"? Do you think it's going to catch on somehow?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Yeah, 3 seed; but 2&BBQ
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.