Tuesday's Pitcher

1,879 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MAROON
rhart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who are we going with Tuesday against mizzou?
LHP
AG
Dox
Justanotherposter
rhart said:

Larkins?
dirkjones
AG
LHP is correct, going with Dox the first game.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Justanotherposter said:

rhart said:

Larkins?

Dox
histag10
AG
When did this change? I thought the consensus was Larkins
WhoDat
AG
They're throwing Houck....we could run Clayton Kershaw out there, but if we don't swing the bat and have good, aggressive, AB's it won't matter. Tired of this watching grooved strikes BS....watch LSU, those cats go up there looking to rip, 1 through 9 go up looking to hit...this team could learn from Shewmake's approach, he's the aggressor at the plate
jkag89
WhoDat said:

They're throwing Houck....we could run Clayton Kershaw out there, but if we don't swing the bat and have good, aggressive, AB's it won't matter. Tired of this watching grooved strikes BS....watch LSU, those cats go up there looking to rip, 1 through 9 go up looking to hit...this team could learn from Shewmake's approach, he's the aggressor at the plate
Did you watch the last two games this weekend? If anything on Sunday, the Ags gave the Arky starter a number of easy innings by putting balls into play early in the count.
HoustonAg2106
AG
jkag89 said:

WhoDat said:

Did you watch the last two games this weekend? If anything on Sunday, the Ags gave the Arky starter a number of easy innings by putting balls into play early in the count.

It's a classic argument in baseball...youre either too aggressive or not aggressive enough depending on the results for that day.
jkag89
HoustonAg2106 said:

jkag89 said:

WhoDat said:

It's a classic argument in baseball...youre either too aggressive or not aggressive enough depending on the results for that day.
How batters approach an at bat is often dependent on the pitcher they are facing. I was not complaining about the Aggies approach on Sunday, I was only trying to dispel the particular observation that the Aggie hitters always watch grooved first pitch fastball after grooved first pitch fastball and hence are always behind in the count early so always in a bad hitter's counts. I also want to point out just because a pitch is called a strike does not mean it would have been a good pitch to try to put into play.

I have two main complaints about Aggie hitters this year; 1) they strike out far too often and 2) their seeming inability to consistently spoil off pitches once they get behind in the count which is part of the reason they K so often. Arkansas was a master at spoiling off pitches which was a big factor why Hill left the game so early on Thursday. I believe if Hill were able to pitched into the seventh and maintained the Ags one run lead, Chafin saves the Thursday game.
Bondag
AG
WhoDat said:

Clayton committed to A&M, but was drafted by Dodgers and signed with them. He doesn't play here.
MAROON
AG
histag10 said:

When did this change? I thought the consensus was Larkins
consensus of who? Internet Managers?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.