Sec tournament field is set

4,321 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CapCityAg89
Texags Meltdown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bracket
Unfortunately, Missouri did not pitch Houck this weekend so we will have to face him on Tuesday. With our bats being as cold as they have, I don't like our chances.
Bondag
AG
Texags Meltdown 2k17 said:

Bracket
Unfortunately, Missouri did not pitch Houck this weekend so we will have to face him on Tuesday. With our bats being as cold as they have, I don't like our chances.
We don't have trouble hitting the aces. We just can't hit the Sunday guys.
Goose06
AG
Why didn't Missouri throw Houck? Injury or saving for the tournament because they have to win the tournament to make the field?
Texags Meltdown
AG
Goose06 said:

Why didn't Missouri throw Houck? Injury or saving for the tournament because they have to win the tournament to make the field?
The latter
ClassOf17
How many do we have to win to make the NCAA? Or are e already atleast a 3-4 seed?
ja86
AG
most have us in as a 2 or 3 seed already.
W
AG
that's a tough draw for the Ags.

Houck and then Lange probably
Capitol Ag
AG
Well, let's go beat him and win this tournament!
jkag89
True enough but the Ags did well enough against both to win the games they started in the regular season meetings. Right now I just want to get to Wednesday.
aginlakeway
AG
So if we lose to Mizzou, we go home.

If we beat Mizzou, it's then double elimination?
jkag89
ClassOf17 said:

How many do we have to win to make the NCAA? Or are e already atleast a 3-4 seed?
We either make the field as 2 or 3 seed or our season is over, at large bids are never 4 seeds. I think we were one and done at '14 SEC Tournament and still made the NCAA field with an SEC record below .500 so we've probably done to enough but we are certainly limping to the finish line. One more win would certainly up my comfort level.
jkag89
aginlakeway said:

First day is single elimination. Goes to double elimination until Saturday when it reverts back to single elimination.
aginlakeway
AG
jkag89 said:

aginlakeway said:

First day is single elimination. Goes to double elimination until Saturday when it reverts back to single elimination.
Thanks!
W
AG
I would tend to agree...that while as fans we put strong emphasis on the conference tournament (because a championship is at stake)...the committee already has 56 games / data points on each team. An additional 1 or 2 or 3 games is not going to move the needle much in either direction....except for a handful of teams
BrandoC
AG
What are yall talking about? We flat out cant hit shat.
I already have a dog
AG
I agree. I just think that we may be in the hand full...
trm94
AG
Lose to Mizzou and this team doesn't even make a Regional. And I have zero faith in RC. Though that isn't allowed here.
aginlakeway
AG
trm94 said:

Lose to Mizzou and this team doesn't even make a Regional. And I have zero faith in RC. Though that isn't allowed here.
Care to place a small wager on that? Payable to TMF?
RGLAG85
AG
trm94 said:

You obviously don't read this board very much!
CapCityAg89
AG
RGLAG85 said:

trm94 said:

You obviously don't read this board very much!

Yea. I'm not sure what the hell this guy is talking about. At least half the board wants RC gone because they have no faith in him. Beyond that, thinking any 16-14 SEC wouldn't make a regional is blind ignorance. It's never happened. Even with 15 wins, it's never happened for a team with an RPI in the 30's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.