Softball regionals

5,618 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VegasAg86
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
College Station regional

Aggies
Tx Southern

sips
TX State

Paired with Knoxville regional

OHio St
USC Upstate

Longwood
Tennessee
BQ_90
AG
Vols national seed
Belton Ag
AG
Wierd seeding considering we just got done playing them. Had we won that series last weekend I guess they'd be coming here in the super regionals.

I can see easily see us losing in this regional. That pitcher Texas State has is legit and with the way we're hitting right now I'd be surprised if we put up many runs against them.

Bottom line is if we manage to scrape our way out of the regionals, the task of going to Tennessee is rather daunting. I'd be very surprised if the Ags see their way into the WCWS this year. Too bad too because a few weeks ago the future looked really good for us, and sending the old stadium out with a WCWS appearance would have been nice.
BQ_90
AG
Yea that my guess, we would have been the NS if we had won.

for once we might be rooting for the sips against TX State
Wicked Good Ag
Every SEC team made the field of 64. 13 teams with Vandy not playing softball.

Amazing. Georgia is 6-18 in conference and made it
mullokmotx
AG
By my count we are 25-9 against teams in the field. Funny how all the teams coming here are local, and all the teams going to Waco are from way out of state.
TXAggie2011
AG
Longhorns can't play Baylor and wouldn't make sense for Tx. Southern to go to Waco over College Station.

Mileage wise I think Tx State is closer to A&M than Baylor.

aggie67,74&76
mullokmotx
AG
Softball RPI is out. On ESPN they talked about Minnesota not hosting. Their RPI is 11 and they are going to Alabama (RPI 15).
Lowest RPI is Texas Southern at 279. The most competitive regional might be at Utah (19), which hosts BYU (20), Mississippi State (30) and Fordham (44).
The teams that got left out are SIUE (41) and SDSU (42). They had slightly better RPIs than at-large teams Wisconsin (45), Oregon State (46) and Fresno State (47).
BQ_90
AG
wonder if geography and cost trumped RPI
VegasAg86
AG
Belton Ag said:

I can see easily see us losing in this regional. That pitcher Texas State has is legit and with the way we're hitting right now I'd be surprised if we put up many runs against them.

The good news is we played them and beat them already this year, getting 5 runs (3 earned) against Rupp in 4.1 innings.
Belton Ag
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Belton Ag said:

The good news is we played them and beat them already this year, getting 5 runs (3 earned) against Rupp in 4.1 innings.

Yep, I remember that game well, we chased her on the second time through the lineup. I really don't doubt that the Ags could easily win this regional, but with the way they're playing now it could be iffy when (if) we play them. Let's hope they can start to get right on Friday night against Texas Southern.
Justanotherposter
I think we got our bad playing out of our system.
VegasAg86
AG
Justanotherposter said:

I think we got our bad playing out of our system.
I'm hoping that, too.
Justanotherposter
Here's the game schedule:
College Station Regional
Host: No. 9 seed Texas A&M
All Times Central; x-if necessary
Friday, May 19
Texas (31-24) vs. Texas State (41-15), 4 p.m.
Texas Southern (25-19) at Texas A&M (42-10), 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 20
Game 3: G1 winner vs. G2 winner, 1:30 p.m.
Game 4: G1 loser vs. G2 loser, 4 p.m.
Game 5: G3 loser vs. G4 winner, 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 21
Game 6: G3 winner vs. G5 winner, 1:30 p.m.
x-Game 7: G3 winner vs. G5 winner, 4 p.m.

mullokmotx
AG
LSU lost to ULL and because of rain today will have to win a triple header tomorrow according to the bracket on the NCAA website.
mullokmotx
AG
When is the last time a host lost their first game like OU did today against NDSU. Arkansas just had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no out down 5-3 to OU in the bottom of the 7th and struck out the next 3 batters.
pudge
We are still in rain delay against against McNeese. Tied at 0-0 in 2nd inning. Sitting in parking lot at LSU and it's pouring. It may be 7 or 8 before we play and then winner still has to play USL tonight. The if game is already scheduled for tomorrow.

Supposedly if the tourney is cancelled at this point, USL moves on. But if we can beat McNeese and USL and then the regional is cancelled, then we move on as higher seed. Right now the entire regional is in jeopardy.

Also, I want to congratulate the Aggies on the regional championship! Gig em and BTHO Tennessee!!
VegasAg86
AG
pudge said:

We are still in rain delay against against McNeese. Tied at 0-0 in 2nd inning. Sitting in parking lot at LSU and it's pouring. It may be 7 or 8 before we play and then winner still has to play USL tonight. The if game is already scheduled for tomorrow.

Supposedly if the tourney is cancelled at this point, USL moves on. But if we can beat McNeese and USL and then the regional is cancelled, then we move on as higher seed. Right now the entire regional is in jeopardy.

Also, I want to congratulate the Aggies on the regional championship! Gig em and BTHO Tennessee!!
Wow, that doesn't seem fair with them already beating you.

Best of luck, but sure hope the games are actually played.
91AggieLawyer
AG
The 1991 baseball regional at BR was similar -- heavy rains and didn't stay on schedule. Mark Johnson suggested they move it to Olsen, but that wasn't going to happen.
NickNaylor
Belton Ag said:

Wierd seeding considering we just got done playing them. Had we won that series last weekend I guess they'd be coming here in the super regionals.

Bottom line is if we manage to scrape our way out of the regionals, the task of going to Tennessee is rather daunting. I'd be very surprised if the Ags see their way into the WCWS this year. Too bad too because a few weeks ago the future looked really good for us, and sending the old stadium out with a WCWS appearance would have been nice.
Guess we scraped by.

3 games, 3 wins
Combined score of 20-2.
Justanotherposter
NickNaylor said:

Belton Ag said:

Guess we scraped by.

3 games, 3 wins
Combined score of 20-2.

Yeah, I'll. be surprised if we get any runs against Tennessee.
Belton Ag
AG
NickNaylor said:

Belton Ag said:

Guess we scraped by.

3 games, 3 wins
Combined score of 20-2.
We didn't put up many runs against TSU or the sips. Just as I thought, TSU's pitcher did a good job of holding us scoreless until the 5th inning. The 20-2 combined score was inflated by the 14-0 score in our first game.

But... We didn't "scrape by" because our pitching was dominant for the most part.

The team we are about to face is much better than any of the teams we played this weekend. Hopefully the pitching continues at a high level, but I'm still very concerned about being able to put runs on the board.
Colt98
AG
If you look at what Tenn did in there regional, they barely scraped by too. Against lesser opponents mind you. To me Rupp's as good as any pitcher on the Tenn roster. Luckily she had to pitch a bunch this weekend. I love the match up with Tenn. I think we match up with them as good as any other team in the Supers. It is series we can take with continued strong pitching. We just need one or two more bats to heat up with Tori and Milligan(really encouraged with Russell's plate approach this past weekend) . You can't say that we aren't getting runners in scoring position. We just need to score them. Hitting is one of those things that can come and go. With the added practice time and no school to worry about, I think we will build on this weekend. This past weekend was exactly what we needed to start moving forward again. Should be an exciting series and I can't wait for Friday to get here. One thing is for sure. Tennessee will have the front of home plate as hard as a rock for their slappers to bounce balls, so I hope of D is ready for that.
VegasAg86
AG
Colt98 said:

If you look at what Tenn did in there regional, they barely scraped by too. Against lesser opponents mind you. To me Rupp's as good as any pitcher on the Tenn roster. Luckily she had to pitch a bunch this weekend. I love the match up with Tenn. I think we match up with them as good as any other team in the Supers. It is series we can take with continued strong pitching. We just need one or two more bats to heat up with Tori and Milligan(really encouraged with Russell's plate approach this past weekend) . You can't say that we aren't getting runners in scoring position. We just need to score them. Hitting is one of those things that can come and go. With the added practice time and no school to worry about, I think we will build on this weekend. This past weekend was exactly what we needed to start moving forward again. Should be an exciting series and I can't wait for Friday to get here. One thing is for sure. Tennessee will have the front of home plate as hard as a rock for their slappers to bounce balls, so I hope of D is ready for that.
They trailed the 3 seed 3-0 going into the top of the 7th. Scored 7 in the top of the 7th. Seems like USC Upstate just fell apart, but I didn't see it.
Belton Ag
AG
Colt98 said:

Yeah Tennessee didn't exactly light it up this weekend so I hope that carries over into our super regional. I'm in 100% agreement that we actually did a good job getting on base this weekend but weren't as good at hitting with RISP.
VegasAg86
AG
Just say it would be an "Aggie" thing to lose this Super and maybe we'll win it. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

Colt98
AG
USC Upstate had the game won until the 3rd baseman made an error on the final out of the game. Then Tenn smelled blood in the water and took advantage of it. They should have lost that game.
VegasAg86
AG
Colt98 said:

USC Upstate had the game won until the 3rd baseman made an error on the final out of the game. Then Tenn smelled blood in the water and took advantage of it. They should have lost that game.
OK, I remember hearing the announcer say they were 1 out from beating Tenn.
Belton Ag
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Just say it would be an "Aggie" thing to lose this Super and maybe we'll win it. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

Are you kidding me? With the amount of **** I got from people for saying that I think I'll let someone else take the hit.

VegasAg86
AG
Belton Ag said:

VegasAg86 said:

Are you kidding me? With the amount of **** I got from people for saying that I think I'll let someone else take the hit.

Yes, absolutely.
Basketball and Chain
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Colt98 said:

OK, I remember hearing the announcer say they were 1 out from beating Tenn.

Pretty sure Upstate had a no-no with 2 outs in the 7th. Up 3-0, and somehow give up 7 runs. Crazy.
Colt98
AG
ESPN announcer jinx. Literally right before Tenn got their first hit with 2 outs, they put something up on the screen talking about how Tenn had never been no hit in a regional, one pitch later, single up the middle. Next a walk, then the error by the 3B that should have ended the game.
VegasAg86
AG
Colt98 said:

ESPN announcer jinx. Literally right before Tenn got their first hit with 2 outs, they put something up on the screen talking about how Tenn had never been no hit in a regional, one pitch later, single up the middle. Next a walk, then the error by the 3B that should have ended the game.
Yikes. They were trailing in their second game when the announcer I heard made the comment about being one out from beating them and all of a sudden they're about to be eliminated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.