Haha, you're hosting texas

12,815 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggies2009
Paradise Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

What does that mean, an Aggie thing to lose ?
fify.....

Still waiting for explanation on what this means ... because I'm an Aggie ...
Football Team..... Losing
Basketball Team..... Losing
Baseball Team......Losing

but there's always tennis !

just tired of A&M being a mediocre "ALSO RAN" in all the major sports with so much money, fan support, and facilities invested.

Two National Championships so far this year.

An SEC Championship this week.

Basketball SEC Championship and Sweet 16 last year.

Baseball SEC Tourney Champs and one game away from Omaha last two years while still playing this year.

Every single team in the post season last year - only school to do it in the entire country.

May want to consider changing your user name to whininag.

HoustonAg2106
AG
Paradise Ag said:

fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

What does that mean, an Aggie thing to lose ?
fify.....

Still waiting for explanation on what this means ... because I'm an Aggie ...
Football Team..... Losing
Basketball Team..... Losing
Baseball Team......Losing

but there's always tennis !

just tired of A&M being a mediocre "ALSO RAN" in all the major sports with so much money, fan support, and facilities invested.

Two National Championships so far this year.

An SEC Championship this week.

Basketball SEC Championship and Sweet 16 last year.

Baseball SEC Tourney Champs and one game away from Omaha last two years while still playing this year.

Every single team in the post season last year - only school to do it in the entire country.

May want to consider changing your user name to whininag.

Mic Drop.
jkag89
Hey Staff, is it possible to change fightinag's user name to one that better reflects the attitude of his post? I would like to suggest snivelingcrybabyag.
Belton Ag
AG
Electric said:

AginLakeway. Belton Ag means we as Aggies continuously never win big in all major sports. It also means that we lose often in the most excruciating ways. Those are the facts. We are not a winning Athletics program compared to schools with our resources. Doesn't mean any of us will ever stop pulling for the Aggies but that is how a lot of us feel.
Yeah this is mostly what I was driving at with a little dumb joke. I'm a bit bummed out right now because of the way softball stumbled down the stretch, and for a long time I've defended Jo Evans on this board. When things like what happened over the last couple weeks happen it sometimes gets me a little down down on Aggie athletics. Doesn't mean I'm not an Aggie anymore or that I equate being an Aggie with being a loser. I'm a 12th Man donor and longtime season ticket holder in softball and an avid follower of all Aggie sports. At various times I've held season tickets in football and basketball. I go to volleyball matches and soccer matches even though I'm not a fan of the sport of soccer.

Anyone who's posted on premium for a long time might remember that I've vigorously defended Sumlin over the years before I gave up my stars, I've defended Childress on this board in the past and have defended Jo Evans on this board for a long time. I don't call for coaches to be fired much if ever (with the exception of Billy Kennedy), I don't criticize our players (besides calling out a bad play or batting appearance) on the boards ever and for sure never get personal the way some of the potbangers do.

Sorry I set off a firestorm in this thread yesterday and I didn't mean to offend my fellow Ags. The sentence wasn't meant to use Aggie as a verb. If you have a problem with me personally for making the joke, let me know and we'll talk it out. One thing I won't apologize for is wanting more from our athletics programs. I don't think we are achieving high enough in sports other than T&F and soccer. I think our athletic program right now has a lot of decent but not elite programs, and I want more elite programs in both men's and women's sports and I want those in charge to do something about it (and we are, it seems, by upgrading facilities and budgets across the board). I also feel the need to grumble about it from time to time on the boards and I believe I've earned that right every bit as much as anyone else on here.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Belton Ag said:

Electric said:

AginLakeway. Belton Ag means we as Aggies continuously never win big in all major sports. It also means that we lose often in the most excruciating ways. Those are the facts. We are not a winning Athletics program compared to schools with our resources. Doesn't mean any of us will ever stop pulling for the Aggies but that is how a lot of us feel.
Yeah this is mostly what I was driving at with a little dumb joke. I'm a bit bummed out right now because of the way softball stumbled down the stretch, and for a long time I've defended Jo Evans on this board. When things like what happened over the last couple weeks happen it sometimes gets me a little down down on Aggie athletics. Doesn't mean I'm not an Aggie anymore or that I equate being an Aggie with being a loser. I'm a 12th Man donor and longtime season ticket holder in softball and an avid follower of all Aggie sports. At various times I've held season tickets in football and basketball. I go to volleyball matches and soccer matches even though I'm not a fan of the sport of soccer.

Anyone who's posted on premium for a long time might remember that I've vigorously defended Sumlin over the years before I gave up my stars, I've defended Childress on this board in the past and have defended Jo Evans on this board for a long time. I don't call for coaches to be fired much if ever (with the exception of Billy Kennedy), I don't criticize our players (besides calling out a bad play or batting appearance) on the boards ever and for sure never get personal the way some of the potbangers do.

Sorry I set off a firestorm in this thread yesterday and I didn't mean to offend my fellow Ags. The sentence wasn't meant to use Aggie as a verb. If you have a problem with me personally for making the joke, let me know and we'll talk it out. One thing I won't apologize for is wanting more from our athletics programs. I don't think we are achieving high enough in sports other than T&F and soccer. I think our athletic program right now has a lot of decent but not elite programs, and I want more elite programs in both men's and women's sports and I want those in charge to do something about it (and we are, it seems, by upgrading facilities and budgets across the board). I also feel the need to grumble about it from time to time on the boards and I believe I've earned that right every bit as much as anyone else on here.
Fair points. I think we've moved on to bashing fightinag anyway...
mullokmotx
AG
I just want everyone to support the team this weekend. Last year only 4 of the national seeds made the CWS. Heck, #16 Georgia beat #1 Florida last year. We have better pitching this year so we have a better chance of hanging in games.
Belton Ag
AG
mullokmotx said:

I just want everyone to support the team this weekend. Last year only 4 of the national seeds made the CWS. Heck, #16 Georgia beat #1 Florida last year. We have better pitching this year so we have a better chance of hanging in games.
Absolutely. There are going to be a lot of sips there and we need all the Ags we can to come out and yell for this team.
Electric
AG
Some of you just don't get it. I would trade all our SEC tournament championships and hell even take the Longhorns football record the last 4 years for any one of the following in the last 20 years.

1) College Football playoff appearance
2) Final 4
3) College World Series champion

jkag89
Electric said:

Some of you just don't get it. I would trade all our SEC tournament championships and hell even take the Longhorns football record the last 4 years for any one of the following in the last 20 years.

2) Final 4
No most of us get it. What we don't get is the extreme angst over every loss and the seeming lack of joy over any win or achievement. Also why do so many Ags label anything short of spectacular as mediocre?

The fact that baseball needs a CWS championship also indicates your satisfaction with making the College Football playoff or the Final Four would be short lived.
HoustonAg2106
AG
jkag89 said:

Electric said:

2) Final 4
No most of us get it. What we don't get is the extreme angst over every loss and the seeming lack of joy over any win or achievement. Also why do so many Ags label anything short of spectacular as mediocre?

The fact that baseball needs a CWS championship also indicates your satisfaction with making the College Football playoff or the Final Four would be short lived.

Totally agree with this.

First of all this season isn't even over yet so don't discount the fact that both softball and baseball can still get hot at the right time and do something special this year.

Second of all, if they don't win a championship this year does that mean they are a mediocre program? Because in my mind I see them building on this year and continuing to compete at a high level next year and beyond...and honestly that's all you can ask for from a college program, to compete at a high level and be in a position to make a championship run (which both softball and baseball have consistently done for many years).
Electric
AG
It means a school with our resources should already have one of those 3.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Electric said:

Umm there are a lot of schools with similar resources that don't have one of those 3 (in fact most schools), it's not like you just need to spend a bunch a of money and poof your Alabama or something...
aginlakeway
AG
Electric said:

If it were only that simple ...
jkag89
Electric said:

A number of schools have excellent resources. Any number of schools have tremendous traditions. Most schools have pluses that might draw top notch recruits and/or coaches.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Also why do so many Ags label anything short of spectacular as mediocre?
Speaking for myself, I wouldn't label any of our programs as mediocre, and baseball especially is far from mediocre. But what we do have, as an athletic department as a whole, is a collection of decent to good programs. Nothing too bad or anything to be ashamed of particularly, but not much to hang your hat on (not counting track and field, obviously).

Aggies want respect. I can recall listening to Finebaum and prior to the Bama game last year an Ag called his show and complained that Aggies didn't get respect, Finebaum told him if you want respect, beat Bama. Unfortunately that's the way the world is, to get the respect we want, we have to be better across the board than we are, and in this league we especially have to be better at Football. A CWS appearance or two in baseball and softball over the next 5 seasons would be awesome as well.
pudge
Hang in there! I read and understood what you said. I think most here know the love and loyalty you have for Aggie softball just like mine for LSU softball. We've been able to enjoy the rivalry and have great discussions about college softball. I hate having USL (I just can't call them ULL) in our regional as much as you don't care for tu to be in your regional.

I'll be yelling for the Aggies from BR and hopefully my two favorite teams do well and can advance to the super regionals! Have a great weekend! Gig em and Geaux!!
Justanotherposter
What was this thread about again?
Belton Ag
AG
pudge said:

Hang in there! I read and understood what you said. I think most here know the love and loyalty you have for Aggie softball just like mine for LSU softball. We've been able to enjoy the rivalry and have great discussions about college softball. I hate having USL (I just can't call them ULL) in our regional as much as you don't care for tu to be in your regional.

I'll be yelling for the Aggies from BR and hopefully my two favorite teams do well and can advance to the super regionals! Have a great weekend! Gig em and Geaux!!

Yes sir and I'll surely be cheering hard for LSU this weekend when they face off against ULL. Hopefully they can shake off their offensive woes this weekend.
Aggies2009
AG
Belton Ag said:

Texas doesn't deserve to be in a regional. They got in because of who they are, not because they earned it. Having said that, it would be a very Aggie thing for us to lose to them.

So did we Aggie that one up?

aginlakeway
AG
Great question.
Belton Ag
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Texas doesn't deserve to be in a regional. They got in because of who they are, not because they earned it. Having said that, it would be a very Aggie thing for us to lose to them.

Yes we did. We won, right?

Were you there?
VegasAg86
AG
Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Were you there?
I approve of this change in meaning.
Aggies2009
AG
Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Stark contrast to what you considered being Aggie before....
aginlakeway
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Yep.
GEA89
AG
I was there, heck of a game and really fun watching our girls send the sips home for the season. That home run by Vidales was a shot straight into a stiff wind. And don't get me talking about Ms. Show but she was money and dominating on the hill, err in the circle, Saturday and Sunday.
Belton Ag
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

You're such a badass. You totally showed me.

Now, were you at the games or not? Because I was, every pitch. Same spot I've been for years... Sec 5 Row 11 seat 1.
Aggies2009
AG
Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Now, were you at the games or not? Because I was, every pitch. Same spot I've been for years... Sec 5 Row 11 seat 1.
Surprising, coming from someone who thought before the series that it's our natural place to lose to them. Glad you can now come here and "gladly eat crow" after looking stupid.
Belton Ag
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Surprising, coming from someone who thought before the series that it's our natural place to lose to them. Glad you can now come here and "gladly eat crow" after looking stupid.
I said "it's our natural place to lose to them"? I swear, I don't remember typing that out. But maybe it's you who has trouble remembering posts, because you've forgotten the posts in this very thread explaining why I said it and where I actually apologized for saying it. Nope. You and Lakeway prefer to dwell on it and keep hammering away. That's fine, you can. You two can keep on e-stalking me and bumping this thread for years. Maybe I deserve that for including what I thought was a single throwaway line amidst the thousands of posts I've made over the years.

But you never answered my question. Were you at the games? I suspect not since you ducked that question. Come to think of it, have you ever posted anything of substance in an Aggie softball thread, ever?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Just ignore him and he'll stop.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Humility is a virtue.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
HoustonAg2106
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Humility is a virtue.
Not a common trait on fan message boards these days...
AggieBand2004
AG
Except for me. I'm incredibly humble
Aggies2009
AG
Ah n/m
Aggies2009
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Humility is a virtue.

Noted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.