Haha, you're hosting texas

12,808 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggies2009
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That should be fun.
BQ_90
AG
TX state beat them this year, so who knows
Belton Ag
AG
Texas doesn't deserve to be in a regional. They got in because of who they are, not because they earned it. Having said that, it would be a very Aggie thing for us to lose to them.
TXAggie2011
AG
Hard to be too mad about #33 RPI getting in the tournament. Played a brutal schedule and pretty well avoided bad losses.

A team we can handle so not going to complain about that, either.

TXAggie2011
AG
And A&M-UT Austin is going to happen often in the postseason. 90 miles away in different conferences.
W
AG
another data point for the conspiracy theory
aginlakeway
AG
What does that mean, an Aggie thing to lose to them?
AggieBand2004
AG
It means Belton is a titty baby
mullokmotx
AG
We played tu last year in Lafayette. Both tu tennis teams and soccer have been sent here for first 2 rounds since we joined the SEC. We have only gone there in volleyball.
Belton Ag
AG
aginlakeway said:

Relax, it's just a stupid joke.
Capt. America
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

What is this? Elementary school?
aginlakeway
AG
Belton Ag said:

aginlakeway said:

Guess I didn't get it. Sorry.
Belton Ag
AG
aginlakeway said:

Belton Ag said:

aginlakeway said:

Guess I didn't get it. Sorry.
That's OK. I'll make sure to run everything by you next time.
Aggies2009
AG
Nah, feel free to be an embarrassment in the future. Only more hilarious for the rest of us.
AggieBand2004
AG
Capt. America said:

AggieBand2004 said:

What is this? Elementary school?

Coming from the poster who starts cutting himself whenever we're down by more than one run
Capt. America
AG
Wanna see my arms?
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
TAMU hosts a regional tourney and all 4 teams are from TX. Baylor is hosting a regional and has James Madison (VA), Kent St. (Ohio), and Oregon St.
Capt. America
AG
That is rather odd. We know of course why we get tu, but the NCAA could have easily spit up tu lite and Texas Southern.
GEA89
AG
Interesting regional with 3 maroon teams, ought to make the tu girls uncomfortable no matter whom they are playing.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Belton Ag said:

Texas doesn't deserve to be in a regional. They got in because of who they are, not because they earned it. Having said that, it would be a very Aggie thing for us to lose to them.
Why does Texas not deserve in be in a regional?
Colt98
AG
I didn't feel tu really deserved it either(Big 12 is a joke this year), but can see how they got in. If Texas would have played our conference schedule they may have won 3-4 games. TxSt is going to be tough. Really didn't want to have to face Rupp again this year. She's a stud and has continued to get stronger as the year has gone on. Hopefully Texas can beat them for the first time this season. Its hard to beat a team 3 times in a year and so far TxSt has had their number. We will have to beat her once to make it out of our regional. Baylor drawing James Madison, dang that's a tough draw. JM pitching staff is one of the best in the country. I could see Baylor loosing their regional.

I like the fact that we are paired with Tenn for the possible super. Our girls have played great on the road this season. It also takes a little sting out of missing a top 8 seed. Sure it would have been nice to be able to host a super, but I think the added days of rest and practice will help us going into the tourney. Plus we were just up there for the SEC tourney so the team is familiar with the surroundings. We also match up well against Tenn. We have to take care of business and get there first.

There are a lot of glass half full ways to look at our situation. Its good to face TxSouthern first. Hopefully it will help us build some offensive confidence going into the rest of the weekend. It was great to see Tori get back into the swing of things. Now if Sartan, Ash, and a few others can follow. I would personally like to see us use more speed in the line up(ie Ole Miss, Tenn, Florida, LSU, etc...), but that's just not the case this year with some of the position players and DP'ing with Show. So lets go win with the horse that got us here and finish strong. It sets up very nice for us, so lets just go out and DO IT! I'm very excited about the weekend. I'm really hoping my schedule will allow for me to bring the family over for a few games.

Belton Ag
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Nah, feel free to be an embarrassment in the future. Only more hilarious for the rest of us.
Will do.
Belton Ag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

They were 3 games below .500 in a bad softball conference and their RPI was in the upper 30's. The RPI isn't so bad but the fact that they had a losing conference record does it for me.
TXAggie2011
AG
Eh. The Big 12 isn't all that bad.

When an entire 13 team league is getting invited, it's quite suggestive of the current state of most nearly every other conference.

And every qualified Pac12 team was invited, as well.

It's PAC-12 and SEC and you're going to have major flaws in every other conference and to fill out 32 spots you're going to be including some flawed teams.

Wouldn't think it a crime to keep them out, but don't think it was a crime to put them in.
Belton Ag
AG
The Big 12 is bad. They only have 7 teams to begin with and the bottom 3 after the sips are sub-100 in the RPI.
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm saying then there's two good conferences and every team eligible for the post season from those two conferences is in the tournament.
BQ_90
AG
well I think there are too many softball programs in the country that play just for Title IX and don't care how bad they are. So that has created a huge talent gap, esp in mid majors. Now some programs are the exact opposite, like UL Lafayette.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Belton Ag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

They were 3 games below .500 in a bad softball conference and their RPI was in the upper 30's. The RPI isn't so bad but the fact that they had a losing conference record does it for me.

Are they the only team in the tournament with a conference record below .500? If so then I see your point.
fightinag
aginlakeway said:

What does that mean, an Aggie thing to lose ?
fify.....
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
aginlakeway
AG
fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

fify.....

Still waiting for explanation on what this means ... because I'm an Aggie ...
Belton Ag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

Are they the only team in the tournament with a conference record below .500? If so then I see your point.
No, but they'd be the only team from the Big 12 conference with a sub .500 conference record in the tournament. They were 1-8 against the three teams in their conference that finished ahead of them & they had only 4 or 5 wins vs teams in the top 50 of the RPI. The thing I'll give them is that they played a tough OOC schedule, which is why their RPI is relatively high given their loss total.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Belton Ag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

No, but they'd be the only team from the Big 12 conference with a sub .500 conference record in the tournament. They were 1-8 against the three teams in their conference that finished ahead of them & they had only 4 or 5 wins vs teams in the top 50 of the RPI. The thing I'll give them is that they played a tough OOC schedule, which is why their RPI is relatively high given their loss total.

Well that's the argument we've been having on the baseball side, a strong out of conference schedule can make up for for a lot when you slip up in conference play
Aggies2009
AG
aginlakeway said:

fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

fify.....

Don't expect a legit answer. People want to tiptoe the line of trolling but not actually come out and say anything, immediately retreating to a "Just joking!" stance when confronted. Cowardice at its finest. As I've said before, the most pathetic thing is that people actively cheer for our teams to lose so that they can immediately come here and boast about wanting a coach fired and feel miserable.
Belton Ag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Belton Ag said:

Well that's the argument we've been having on the baseball side, a strong out of conference schedule can make up for for a lot when you slip up in conference play
I totally agree with you, but the problem is that they didn't win very many those tough non-conference games.
Belton Ag
AG
Aggies2009 said:

aginlakeway said:

fightinag said:

aginlakeway said:

fify.....

Don't expect a legit answer. People want to tiptoe the line of trolling but not actually come out and say anything, immediately retreating to a "Just joking!" stance when confronted. Cowardice at its finest. As I've said before, the most pathetic thing is that people actively cheer for our teams to lose so that they can immediately come here and boast about wanting a coach fired and feel miserable.
Jesus you people are wound up tight. I challenge you to go back through my posting history and find where I have ever cheered for the Aggies to lose or ever said anything remotely close to that. Find where I've ever called for a coach to be fired; Childress, Jo Evans, anyone. Don't just throw that out there with nothing to back it up. Do it.

Otherwise you can screw off.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.