LSU goes down again

2,050 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mdanyc03
mgreen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LSU lost their 4th midweek game to a 3rd Louisiana team. Ouch!
zagman
AG
Why is it that it never seems to hurt their rating!
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Farmer1906
AG
Because they win weekend series.
twk
AG
Because the guys who start for them on the mound on the weekends don't pitch in these games. It may bite them in the ass on RPI, but it may not either if they do well enough in conference play.
W
AG
those midweek losses will hurt LSU (17-8) if they don't win the West division.

perhaps surprisingly...the Tigers are only 2-5 vs. the top 50
Farmer1906
AG
You know who has the best record vs the top 50? FGCU is 9-1. While I think they're actually pretty good and have a mid-week 2 game sweep over UF, it is probably still too early to put too much stock into RPI. Sure we have a pretty good idea who's going to be good, but teams like Rutgers, Binghamton, Cornell, Charlotte, etc aren't going to stay in the top 50.
W
AG
this is week 7 ---- the halfway point of the regular season already.

when the RPI changed in favor of road wins, it gave mid-majors a much better chance of hanging around in the top 50.

last year there were 15 or so teams that could be considered "mid-major" or from lesser leagues that finished in the top 50. Not in the top 25 per se. But in the 25 to 50 range
Farmer1906
AG
Right and I agree with that. Lots of teams with good records will stay in. A team like McNeese can stay in because they at least played top comp early and could easily win 40+ games.

Rutgers is 9-14
Charlotte is 15-10
Binghamton is 8-4
Cornell is 9-4

All have several weekend series with 150+ and 200+ RPI teams. Those are just the 4 that caught my eye.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Midweek losses don't matter if you perform on the weekends
LSU Baseball Fan
A few midweek losses isn't a huge deal, but that was a BAD hit for our RPI last night. Tulane is in the mid 200s for RPI.

Lose too many of these, and our resume doesn't look too impressive. Might cost us hosting a regional. Need to get the RPI up to have any chance at hosting a super regional.
mdanyc03
AG
Statistically really the only difference between a&m and lsu is Jared poche. Outside of that they aren't an exceptional team by any means.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.