UF softball coach and auburn player in a little tussle

8,787 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wareagle044
mdanyc03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***an arrested for marijuana possession.
Aggies2009
AG
If she claimed she was distressed over the altercation and needed medication for it, I'd laugh.
Belton Ag
AG
That Auburn program is going off the rails right now. Clint Meyers' son Corey recently resigned as pitching coach because he was boning one of the players. This was his second time, by the way. It's also the third time Clint Meyers has this happen under his watch; once it happened while he was ASU. Different coach that time. I've read speculation that Meyers might be done after this season.
_mpaul
AG
Belton Ag said:

That Auburn program is going off the rails right now. Clint Meyers' son Corey recently resigned as pitching coach because he was boning one of the players. This was his second time, by the way. It's also the third time Clint Meyers has this happen under his watch; once it happened while he was ASU. Different coach that time. I've read speculation that Meyers might be done after this season.

Yikes. Source?
Belton Ag
AG
Well... I don't have a specific accredited news source explicitly saying it, but here is a story about his abrupt resignation:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/auburn_softball_associate_head.html

Then, a few days later:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/auburn_softball_second_baseman_2.html

And that's not just me speculating. Everyone knows why he resigned, it's all over the place in terms of discussion. People were even talking about it in the stands at the game today.

The guy had the same thing happen last year and he had an unexplained absence from the program, with a player then transferring out of the program.
Leander - Ag
91AggieLawyer
AG
This wasn't the crime of the century, but he should NOT have done that. He is supposed to be a professional. If she wants to act like that, guess what: she gets to. That's HER coach's problem, not the UFl's. Whatever her actions, they don't come anywhere close to calling for ANY kind of retaliation.

If I was his AD, he'd get *****ed out like crazy. "Dude, you work with young women; would you want any other coach doing that to your players? Your daughter? Hell no."
Sean98
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

This wasn't the crime of the century, but he should NOT have done that. He is supposed to be a professional.
AgE2theBONE
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

This wasn't the crime of the century, but he should NOT have done that. He is supposed to be a professional.

And that's the bottom line.

If the coach can't control his emotions and preserve enough dignity to be above such a childish gesture, then he needs to reevaluate some things.

src94
AG
Interesting development

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/softball/arrested-auburn-softball-players-will-be-in-uniform-vs-mississippi/article_7016a25c-2b89-11e7-a2a2-8358e6b653fa.html
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Not surprised
sharpdressedman
From the above-linked article:

"Football players Byron Cowart, Carlton Davis, Ryan Davis and Jeremiah Dinson were arrested on April 30 but did not miss any playing time during the season. Men's basketball players Horace Spencer and Bryce Brown were arrested on Dec. 14 and were suspended for two games each."

FB and BB players get a pass. These girls may disappear.
Sean98
AG
With Myers' son no longer on staff how do players "earn" their way back on to the team?
ColoradoMooseHerd
sharpdressedman said:

From the above-linked article:

"Football players Byron Cowart, Carlton Davis, Ryan Davis and Jeremiah Dinson were arrested on April 30 but did not miss any playing time during the season. Men's basketball players Horace Spencer and Bryce Brown were arrested on Dec. 14 and were suspended for two games each."

FB and BB players get a pass. These girls may disappear.

Think about suspensions as percentage of the season. The football suspensions usually are more.
wareagle044
_mpaul said:

Belton Ag said:

Yikes. Source?
True Story. He's most likely done after this year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.