Ol Miss takin it to UK tonite

2,011 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by W
BoerneGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They knocked out the giraffe and or pouring it on now. Up 5-1 in top of 6th. And they've knocked out their long reliever Cleary.

Think we made them look better than they are.
Aggie
AG
8-1 Ole Miss
Top 7
I already have a dog
AG
That's the way baseball go.
BoerneGator
AG
And just like that, a kid, in his 4th college AB hits a slam, and it's 9-6 bottom 8!
jkag89
To reiterate what TylerAg posted earlier, that's the way baseball go.
W
AG
good win for Ole Miss (15-7). The Rebels have bounced back since the Houston Classic. Oxford will be another difficult roadtrip for the Ags later in the season
W
AG
and yes, Kentucky looked rather mortal tonight...especially on the mound. We'll have to see how the next 2 games go
BoerneGator
AG
W said:

and yes, Kentucky looked rather mortal tonight...especially on the mound.
Ol Miss was swinging the bats!
W
AG
the Ags really put themselves in a hole by dropping the series 0-3...instead of salvaging 1 game.

it basically means that A&M has to come back and sweep some conference foe. Maybe Alabama in a few weeks is the best remaining opportunity. Probably not Ole Miss
Capitol Ag
AG
W said:

and yes, Kentucky looked rather mortal tonight...especially on the mound. We'll have to see how the next 2 games go
They looked mortal playing us to be honest.
Tex100
AG
BoerneGator said:

They knocked out the giraffe and or pouring it on now. Up 5-1 in top of 6th. And they've knocked out their long reliever Cleary.

Think we made them look better than they are.
But what does that say about us?
Mark Fairchild
AG
What is the deal with KU staff and team. The announcers were talking about it all night. I know that RC and company did not shake hands, did not get to see the KU series, what is the deal?
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Aggie09Derek
AG
What does KU have to do with this discussion?
BoerneGator
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

What is the deal with KU staff and team. The announcers were talking about it all night. I know that RC and company did not shake hands, did not get to see the KU series, what is the deal?
Mingione (Sp) is a new coach, who has instituted a "new attitude of change", if only temporarily at UK, and we were the first SEC team to experience it, and arguably, be intimidated by it/him. Some have criticized our response to it/him, and were curious to observe how subsequent teams fare vs UK. Ol Miss was hardly phased by it last night. We shall see if/how that changes going forward.

I believe we allowed UK to roll us, and that's on us! Doesn't preclude Mingione from being a DB/asshat as a coach at the same time, which I ascribe to him.
Capitol Ag
AG
BoerneGator said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Mingione (Sp) is a new coach, who has instituted a "new attitude of change", if only temporarily at UK, and we were the first SEC team to experience it, and arguably, be intimidated by it/him. Some have criticized our response to it/him, and were curious to observe how subsequent teams fare vs UK. Ol Miss was hardly phased by it last night. We shall see if/how that changes going forward.

I believe we allowed UK to roll us, and that's on us! Doesn't preclude Mingione from being a DB/asshat as a coach at the same time, which I ascribe to him.
While I totally agree with your assessment of the coach, but I'm not sure I would attribute his demeanor as causing A&M to be intimidated. We have a lot of issues that were the bigger reasons why we got swept like the bullpen and the lineup, not that asshat...

Also, be careful. Calling out the UK coach will ruffle a lot of feathers from the "keeping it real" crowd claiming you're just making excuses and have sour grapes, or somesort of thing...
BoerneGator
AG
Capitol Ag said:

BoerneGator said:

Mark Fairchild said:

While I totally agree with your assessment of the coach, but I'm not sure I would attribute his demeanor as causing A&M to be intimidated. We have a lot of issues that were the bigger reasons why we got swept like the bullpen and the lineup, not that asshat...

Also, be careful. Calling out the UK coach will ruffle a lot of feathers from the "keeping it real" crowd claiming you're just making excuses and have sour grapes, or somesort of thing...
I don't either. But I believe the notion that the combination of UKs tactics and our approach at the plate contributed greatly to our failure to win even one game. It's a cop out to blame our loss to U.K. On their coach's demeanor, which I have not done.
AFDave13
AG
Remember when OM went 0-3 at the Minuite Maid Classic & they were a terrible team?
Capitol Ag
AG
BoerneGator said:

Capitol Ag said:

BoerneGator said:

Mark Fairchild said:

I don't either. But I believe the notion that the combination of UKs tactics and our approach at the plate contributed greatly to our failure to win even one game. It's a cop out to blame our loss to U.K. On their coach's demeanor, which I have not done.
Ah, my reading comp validation system is down. Sorry
W
AG
Kentucky evened up the series tonight 4-2
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.