TCU's Janczak

8,802 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GEA89
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Killing it at TCU right now. 8 no hit innings and 14 K's tonight.
Wanted to come to A&M really bad and Childress never offered. Big miss.
Colt98
AG
Pitched a heck of a game tonight. Having a great year. He's family so I'm super proud of him. Would have loved to see him in an Aggie uniform, but he's in a great place to further his career. Tcu has been developing some great pitchers the last few years.
alamoaggie 64
Well, I am sure Childress knows best. Hard to question the success his staff is having this year.
ftworthag02
AG
Schloss & saarloos are the best pitching coaches in the country. That's why lodolo turned down a ton of money to go to tcu.
Leander - Ag
AG
Vomit
wareagle044
I know he has family that are Aggies. He looked sharp as hell against A&M last year too.
TAMU1990
AG
There are several players on that team with Aggie lineage.
old yeller
AG
alamoaggie 64 said:

Well, I am sure Childress knows best. Hard to question the success his staff is having this year.
huh?
wareagle044
Wendy 1990 said:

Sounds like this is going to be the case again as they're going to miss on several local kids they didn't offer this year.

Travis Hester (CSHS) to Arkansas
Hunter Dobbins (Rudder) to Texas Tech
I believe another CSHS kid to DBU
And a consol kid

Losing that much local talent to in state teams like tech or conference rivals is unacceptable to me. Hutch and Seely need to evaluate kids through their JR/Sr years.

Kyle Richardson may pan out and Landon Miner -- I just don't see ever developing into a weekend guy.
We are too talent rich in this area to lose local kids that would love to be Aggies to other programs.

Don't get me wrong - Miner and Richardson, I'm proud for them to get where they've dreamed to be. They deserve that honor, but these other kids with A&M ties need to quit getting away.
aeon-ag
Yea, well, Tom Chandler, three A&M coaches ago, told just another skinny kid with a fast ball to go get some experience then come see him. It just so happened this skinny kid was from Alvin, TX. Yep, Nolan Ryan.
twk
AG
wareagle044 said:

Wendy 1990 said:

Sounds like this is going to be the case again as they're going to miss on several local kids they didn't offer this year.

And a consol kid

Losing that much local talent to in state teams like tech or conference rivals is unacceptable to me. Hutch and Seely need to evaluate kids through their JR/Sr years.

Kyle Richardson may pan out and Landon Miner -- I just don't see ever developing into a weekend guy.
We are too talent rich in this area to lose local kids that would love to be Aggies to other programs.

Don't get me wrong - Miner and Richardson, I'm proud for them to get where they've dreamed to be. They deserve that honor, but these other kids with A&M ties need to quit getting away.
Here we go again, with the Brazos County mafia thinking that we can build a great baseball program by recruiting like we are Brazos Valley State rather than Texas A&M. Even if you want the local kids, they have to want to stay home, and you have to come to an agreement on the scholarship money.
wareagle044
All four of those kids wanted to play for A&M -- no offer

Janczak isn't a local guy -- Aggie ties, got away
jkag89
There is no way with 11.7 scholarships can RC extend offers to every local kid or those with Aggie or some other tie with the program. We currently have four players from B/CS schools on the team and three with ties to the program in some way or another. Have we missed on the names listed above? Maybe, a few will certainly be important cogs to schools they have/will play for, however year after year I see names of local kids RC has passed on or at least did not offer as much and only a small fraction of them seem to have any sort of impact for the schools they ended up playing.
Baby Billy
AG
Janczak's aggie ties are small. He was a longhorn fan growing up, but had a lot of buddies go to A&M and wanted to play here.

Came on his visit and Sealy and Childress ignored him and showed little interest. I know he used that visit as extra motivation to stick it to us in the Super regional last year.
TXAggie2011
AG
Janczak redshirted and only transitioned into a starting role late last season. I'm glad he's having success, and I'm glad TCU is having success but he wasn't fully central to TCU's plans.

It looks like he's going to have a great career for TCU, but its been a developmental thing and something of a nice surprise for TCU.
Sandman98
AG
The internet recruiting wizards are all here. If only there were consultant positions allowed on staff. RC wouldn't have to look outside this board for a super deep and plugged in talent pool.
old yeller
AG
I would love to hear Scott Clendenin's thoughts on the local kids.
Baby Billy
AG
Not a recruiting wizard. Just saying the best pitcher on the #1 team in the country wanted to pitch here but didn't have an offer. Just an observation
zagman
AG
If those kids really wanted to come here they could have walked on like a lot of other kids did. After all if they made it they would have gotten a 1/3 scholarship. Something tells me they received some other help from a private school. There is always more to the story then what the TexAgs know-it-alls seem to know.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
KT 90
AG
zagman said:

If those kids really wanted to come here they could have walked on like a lot of other kids did. After all if they made it they would have gotten a 1/3 scholarship. Something tells me they received some other help from a private school. There is always more to the story then what the TexAgs know-it-alls seem to know.
Just because you walkon and make the team doesn't mean that you are necessarily put on scholarship. You might get some scholarship money the next year, but there are no guarantees.

There are up to 27 players on scholarship, with each of those receiving a minimum of a 25% scholarship. Remember that there are only 11.7 scholarships to be split up amongst 27 players. You can have up to 35 players, so that leaves 8 spots for walkons.

FightinTxAg14
AG
wareagle044 said:

Wendy 1990 said:

And a consol kid

Also a lefty pitcher from CSHS going to TCU
Consol lefty pitcher going to DBU
wareagle044
My issue isn't that the kids are getting away necessarily, it's that they are getting away and going to Top 10 programs and contributing to those teams getting and staying there.

What are these quality programs seeing in these kids that isn't even warranting a look from the local university? If it's happening with kids 3 miles down the road being missed --- what's being missed in Houston, Dallas, etc. (Obviously Janczak)

FWIW, I'm not disappointed in the coaching staff over the last decade -- they've kept things mostly positive and consistent -- but there's one thing keeping this team from getting over the hump. Everyone knows it, and wants to figure it out.
Aggies2009
AG
wareagle044 said:

My issue isn't that the kids are getting away necessarily, it's that they are getting away and going to Top 10 programs and contributing to those teams getting and staying there.

What are these quality programs seeing in these kids that isn't even warranting a look from the local university? If it's happening with kids 3 miles down the road being missed --- what's being missed in Houston, Dallas, etc. (Obviously Janczak)

FWIW, I'm not disappointed in the coaching staff over the last decade -- they've kept things mostly positive and consistent -- but there's one thing keeping this team from getting over the hump. Everyone knows it, and wants to figure it out.
I mean, Janczak is one who our staff might've "missed" on.... But who's to say the handful of players you listed WILL pan out? I'm sure several local players haven't really panned out for other colleges. Luke Anders was a good player for us back in 08 and 09. Nick was sadly a non-factor. Blake Kopetsky hasn't exactly had a huge impact until this season, and even then he's only a decent hitter. What Brazos Valley kids have gone to other teams and done extremely well? I'm curious here- if I'm wrong I'll admit it. But have there really been all that many players from around here who have gone to other schools and torn it up?

Meanwhile, our coaches DID have a handful of guys like Clayton Kershaw and Will Middlebrooks..... Who only decided at the last second to go pro. It's not an exact science. Michael Wacha was wanted by NOBODY and Tyler Naquin was a 33rd round pick. Both ended up being first rounders who had major impacts for our team for several years, including putting us in the CWS without our ace pitcher.
Aggies2009
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Janczak's aggie ties are small. He was a longhorn fan growing up, but had a lot of buddies go to A&M and wanted to play here.

Came on his visit and Sealy and Childress ignored him and showed little interest. I know he used that visit as extra motivation to stick it to us in the Super regional last year.
[citation needed]
AB2
AG
I haven't taken the time to read the entire thread, but...

Not every kid who plays baseball in CS wants to go to A&M.

Not every kid who plays baseball in CS deserves to be recruited to play baseball at A&M.

Not every kid who wants to play at A&M deserves to play at A&M.

Not every kid who deserves to play at A&M will get a chance to play at A&M.

Not every kid who goes to another school, but isn't recruited by A&M, does so because our coaching staff are a bunch of idiots.
FTA17
To echo what some others have said, some guys come in highly rated and do little, some are unknown guys who turn into stars. We didn't "miss" on Janczak, TCU just got lucky. But for every lucky one there's an unlucky one. Since we're talking local guys, Ryan Johnson from CSHS went to TCU as a very highly touted player. He transferred this year after his freshman season because he didn't pan out. As a local myself, I have seen all the current high school players listed in this thread play a lot, and I can tell you Lucas (the LHP from CSHS) is the only one who has shown stuff worthy of a TAMU offer. Just because a player is good enough to go D1 doesn't mean they are good enough to play at A&M.
wareagle044
AB2 said:

Not every kid who plays baseball in CS deserves to be recruited to play baseball at A&M.

Not every kid who goes to another school, but isn't recruited by A&M, does so because our coaching staff are a bunch of idiots.

You are correct, but I know that there are at least 4 kids in BCS who would go to A&M and are not getting a look -- yet other quality programs, some work more recent success than A&M are taking them.
W
AG
oh my, the one no one has mentioned...the Bramhall kid.

pitched 3 scoreless innings in game 1 of the 2007 super regional...a game Rice won 3-2 in 10 innings. He pitched the 8th, 9th, and 10th for the Owls. That was a killer and an example of one-that-got-away that directly kept A&M from Omaha
Aggies2009
AG
wareagle044 said:

AB2 said:

You are correct, but I know that there are at least 4 kids in BCS who would go to A&M and are not getting a look -- yet other quality programs, some work more recent success than A&M are taking them.

Yeah and that doesn't mean they're great players...
FTA17
W said:

oh my, the one no one has mentioned...the Bramhall kid.

pitched 3 scoreless innings in game 1 of the 2007 super regional...a game Rice won 3-2 in 10 innings. He pitched the 8th, 9th, and 10th for the Owls. That was a killer and an example of one-that-got-away that directly kept A&M from Omaha

Bramhall wasn't really recruited as a pitcher though. He kind of just turned to pitching in the middle of his college career because of a health issue that prevented him from hitting anymore. He just happened to find some success. Kind of similar to what Vinny did for us.
AB2
AG
Would Bramhall have been a Childress or MJ recruit? Time fades the memory on some of these.
W
AG
MJ recruit
swimmerbabe11
Wendy 1990 said:

Yeah, but you took Boomer straight from us and Walker Pennington actually started at TCU
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

I'm glad TCU is having success

The hell with TCU.
TheChameleon
AG
AB2 said:

Does that mean people can't create a thread on an A&M baseball message board, venting about missing out on a star player who wanted to play for the Ags? No. It doesn't. So your post is pointless
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.