SHAMEFUL SOFTBALL SUGAR DADDIES!!

7,281 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dermdoc
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found this jewel on TAMU's Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208509147182279&set=o.25493258171&type=3&theater
Quote:

I happened to attend a women's softball game week before last and cannot get what I saw out of my mind. Sitting in the middle Section, I saw a group of young men filing in and sitting in front of us in reserved seats which had engraved something like reserved for "SUGAR DADDIES". I had to TRY to understand what that meant as my gut sank. I'm assuming those young men were part of the men's baseball team fiercely supporting the women's team. I understood and felt grateful for their abundant support for the women athletes of their similar sport, HOWEVER, I WAS APPALLED AT THE SUGGESTION THAT WOMEN OF EQUAL VALUE AND TALENT WOULD NEED "sugar DADDIES". I WAS AND AM EMBARRASSED!!!!. As a Federal management employee, I was provided "management training" at A&M and A&M's teams are the only college teams I have ever cheared for and supported except for my own university's teams. I continue to believe that A&M is a great institution, however..... I respectfully beg that the old misogynistic, ever so seemingly benign, be dealt with at once. (molly cortez, the grandmom of a great woman "softball" pitcher still in high school) PS: I also don't understand why men play baseball and women play "soft" ball...just saying.
BRAVEAG
CDub06 said:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208509147182279&set=o.25493258171&type=3&theater
Quote:

I happened to attend a women's softball game week before last and cannot get what I saw out of my mind. Sitting in the middle Section, I saw a group of young men filing in and sitting in front of us in reserved seats which had engraved something like reserved for "SUGAR DADDIES". I had to TRY to understand what that meant as my gut sank. I'm assuming those young men were part of the men's baseball team fiercely supporting the women's team. I understood and felt grateful for their abundant support for the women athletes of their similar sport, HOWEVER, I WAS APPALLED AT THE SUGGESTION THAT WOMEN OF EQUAL VALUE AND TALENT WOULD NEED "sugar DADDIES". I WAS AND AM EMBARRASSED!!!!. As a Federal management employee, I was provided "management training" at A&M and A&M's teams are the only college teams I have ever cheared for and supported except for my own university's teams. I continue to believe that A&M is a great institution, however..... I respectfully beg that the old misogynistic, ever so seemingly benign, be dealt with at once. (molly cortez, the grandmom of a great woman "softball" pitcher still in high school) PS: I also don't understand why men play baseball and women play "soft" ball...just saying.

Sounds like you need a sugar daddy.
CDub06
AG
I would readily take a sugar daddy, but this clearly isn't my facebook post. Just wanted to share a jewel I came across...
blake2003
AG
I would also like a sugar daddy. Where do I sign up?
Belton Ag
AG
She should go tell Jo Evans all about it.
Aggies2009
AG
Laugh/cry emoticon
gigum
AG
Don't tell Kim Mulkey or she will punch you in the nose!
Mark Fairchild
AG
"As a federal management employee". Pretty much says all I need to know. This is Mark's wife and mother of three adult women. It is my ardent hope that this PC thinking is on the way out. Until that happens, learn to celebrate our differences and support one another in all circumstances. "Gig 'Em, Sugar Daddies"!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Luke The Drifter
AG
So she "cheared", not "cheered" for the Aggies?

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
BTKAG97
AG
CDub06 said:

Found this jewel on TAMU's Facebook page :

Quote:

I found the issue here.
William_C_G
AG
It probably wouldn't be very difficult to start a group named "Sugar Mommas" for the baseball team.

But that being said, surely we can come up with a better name than "Sugar Daddies" for this group of supporters of the softball team.
AFDave13
AG
dcaggie04
AG
Someone should show her this video the SEC Network did on them.

http://www.secsports.com/video/15423402/meet-texas-am-softball-superfans
annie88
AG
Once again a woman who takes herself and everything too seriously.
Schrute
It seems this woman is dumb.
LSU Baseball Fan
We could all use a sugar daddy.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I don't understand how some people find so many ways to be offended. Haircuts, sports names, etc.

I remember the Iowa state? coach complained about that group and Bill Byrne went out to observe during the next game. He ended up telling them "Good job, keep it up"
Icecream_Ag
S
dcaggie04 said:

Someone should show her this video the SEC Network did on them.

http://www.secsports.com/video/15423402/meet-texas-am-softball-superfans
I remember when all of that stuff started and the sugar daddies didnt exist. 3 years later they got "officially recognized" and got credit for coming up with everything that goes on in the stands.

Not sure anymore, but the original group wasnt well liked by the team because they immediately felt entitled to "more access" than regular fans because they were the recognized support group.
magnumtmp
AG
What she needs is a sugar daddy, diamond rings, and a brand new caddie.
wreckncrew
AG
When I was in college, I went to a few softball games and these guys are just having a good time. This lady needs to get over herself and let these kids have a good time. The softball team loves these guys, and they do their job of distracting the opposing team.

She better be careful because she may cause this group to double in size if she continues to raise a stink about it.
dermdoc
AG
Great old Fleetwood Mac song called I need me a sugar daddy. Who would have thought Christine McVie was a sexist bigot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ_90
AG
Wonder if she is married or related to Mickey Cole
Mark Fairchild
AG
Mark's wife one more time. Have thought about this today, and I just had to add one more thing.
I didn't mention this before, so I am now. All three of our daughters competed in sports all the way through high school and ( proud mom, here) were very good. One had an offer to play D1 tennis but opted just to be a student. Anyway, we were the parents that hauled everyone around to all the completion. Our daughters and their teammates would have been thrilled to death to have anyone, much less guys to support them enough that the had a section in the stands and a title. I don't know this person on Facebook, but I would bet you a week's worth of groceries that she? Has never played organized athletics. Again I have to say, "Gig'Em, Sugar Daddies"!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
dermdoc
AG
Folks like this have always been around but they were ignored until social media became so popular. Now everybody has a bully pulpit where they can tell everyone how "outrageous" their "outrage" is.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ_90
AG
PLEASE NOBODY BUY THIS LADY A TICKET TO CHALK TALK
BlueAg2003
AG
This woman obviously has no idea what she's talking about. A true misogynist wouldn't even be at a women's sporting event, let alone rabidly supporting the female athletes at one. It is just a fun/stupid name for a fun group. People really need to lighten up.
Icecream_Ag
S
She's probably like one of the Stanford parents many years ago that complained about how horrible our fans were.

After breaking down the arguments the family was making, it turns out that a 4-5 year old kid told one of the Stanford players to 'go eat worms'. An intellectual insult for a 4-5 year old boy no doubt, but apparently viewed as racism incarnate by the players parents. Those of us that posted on the other site (is that place even still up??) had one helluva time trying to figure out how 'go eat worms' is racist and how a 4-5 year old would even know when to drop that racist gem.
histag10
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

I don't understand how some people find so many ways to be offended. Haircuts, sports names, etc.

I remember the Iowa state? coach complained about that group and Bill Byrne went out to observe during the next game. He ended up telling them "Good job, keep it up"

Dollar Bill left his office to actually watch a sporting event?!?!?!
Agsncws
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

A true misogynist wouldn't even be at a women's sporting event

Thats actually a fair point.
BQ_90
AG
histag10 said:

Lance Uppercut said:

Dollar Bill left his office to actually watch a sporting event?!?!?!
Non revenue sports, you bet, he had giant bonus money riding on non rev sports doing well
Icecream_Ag
S
He made more games in one weekend than his replacement did in all sports over his entire tenure
magnumtmp
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

He made more games in one weekend than his replacement did in all sports over his entire tenure

That's not true. I saw Hymen at at least 5 TCU baseball games.

He was wearing purple though, so not sure that counts.
Icecream_Ag
S
magnumtmp said:

Icecream_Ag said:

that was in omaha so doesn't count
Icecream_Ag
S
magnumtmp said:

Icecream_Ag said:

and pretty sure $B made all of the events at 'stampfest' one year
aggiewilliford
Mark Fairchild said:

"As a federal management employee". Pretty much says all I need to know. This is Mark's wife and mother of three adult women. It is my ardent hope that this PC thinking is on the way out. Until that happens, learn to celebrate our differences and support one another in all circumstances. "Gig 'Em, Sugar Daddies"!

She's my Mom and I Wholeheartedly Agree with My Mom! Give Em Hell Aggie Sugar Daddies! Whoooopppppp!
BTHO Liberal PC dialect!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.