No baseball games via internet now?

2,466 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasRebel
Three Twenties and A Ten
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone else having problems picking up the games via TuneIn or WTAW apps? Dave South mentioned in his Friday nt broadcast that all games should be on the TuneIn app, but after trying to catch several games via both apps, they've all said "due to restrictions by Learfield Sports, this game is not being broadcast at this time." Didn't have any problems last year.
Agsncws
AG
I had trouble catching the radio version of the game on Tuesday against SFA, but was able to pick up the game on Friday without issue. I just went to the schedule on Aggieathletics.com and clicked the "listen live" link.
aggiejet
AG
I tried the TuneIn app on Saturday and got the same restrictions message. Frustrating to say the least.....
dermdoc
AG
Just go to wtaw.com not the app. Works like a charm.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
44mAG
AG
On tune in, you have to listen to the "Texas A&M Aggie Sports Network" and not the actual station. When basketball plays at the same time however, they take priority and no baseball game. That is frustrating. I have tried using the audio link that Lance provides in his threads, but even that hasn't worked the last few games for some reason...
_mpaul
AG
On TuneIn, you now have to find the "Texas A&M Sports Broadcast." It won't work listening to just KZNE or WTAW anymore.

But even that has problems since the "Texas A&M Sports Broadcast" only can handle one event at a time. It cut over to Women's Basketball about the 7th inning yesterday, so I didn't get to listen to the last 3 innings. Also, trying to listen directly on the AggieAthletics website is hit or miss--sometimes it loads for me, other times it doesn't.

Very disappointing that Learfield is requiring this and TAMU is allowing it to happen. Can't they just leave well enough alone instead of trying to change something every year?
CDub06
AG
This is an issue we faced during soccer season. You're supposed to be able to listen via the 12th Man app, but that app is such a heap of garbage, it's basically unusable.
cypress-ag
AG
It's the Aggie way. Take something that works well and make changes that make it unusable
BTKAG97
AG
44mAG said:

On tune in, you have to listen to the "Texas A&M Aggie Sports Network" and not the actual station. When basketball plays at the same time however, they take priority and no baseball game. That is frustrating. I have tried using the audio link that Lance provides in his threads, but even that hasn't worked the last few games for some reason...
The link Lance provides does not work a majority of the time. I found the Tunein link yesterday, via google, and was enjoying the game until the cut it off about 15 minutes before the hour in order to do pre-game material for the women's basketball game.
Belton Ag
AG
CDub06 said:

This is an issue we faced during soccer season. You're supposed to be able to listen via the 12th Man app, but that app is such a heap of garbage, it's basically unusable.
Yep. Learfield killed off streaming broadcasts of Aggie sports so we have to use the 12th Man website, so you'd think that somehow that group of folks would figure out how to distribute the product on a decent platform. Unfortunately no, they didn't.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Does anyone know the reasoning behind why radio streaming got blocked? I imagine it's something to do with advertising. It makes sense for football and maybe even basketball, but the other sports are generally only broadcast in College Station. Those of us living elsewhere basically have no choice but to use streaming, and it's really frustrating that it was taken away.
NWenso
I had the same problem. Went to the aggie athletics baseball page with the schedule on it via iphone, click on the "live Audio" feed and off we go.
JohnnieBB
AG
All, if you can get WatchESPN app or ROKU you can get the games via that way. You can also watch replays.
BQ_90
AG
JohnnieBB said:

All, if you can get WatchESPN app or ROKU you can get the games via that way. You can also watch replays.
If I'm driving the last thing I wanna hear is Will Johnson calking thru my radio.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I honestly prefer to listen to games than watch them on TV.
TexasRebel
AG
Yep. No way I'm streaming video to listen to vague descriptions of pitches while driving.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.