Have we ever been picked off THREE times in a game

1,198 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nereus
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Throw in 2 caught stealing and my gosh that was horrible
jkag89
Probably. What were the two CS? I only recall Choruby, the box score shows only this CS.
Ag 11
AG
Giving away outs
The Debt
I recall at least once at 2nd and once at first. But that was only the 6th inning on (I missed the first 5 innings)
The Debt
I think the worst part is: it doesn't take any skill to not get thrown out.
Captain Pablo
AG
jkag89 said:

Probably. What were the two CS? I only recall Choruby, the box score shows only this CS.

I thought we had two

The one where the shortstop caught the high throw and swung his glove down and got him

And I thought there was one more

Maybe you're right

Bonfire96
AG
Quick throw on a missed bunt, caught Homan and Blake. The others were Homan and Choruby each picked off at 2nd.
jkag89
Bonfire96 said:

Quick throw on a missed bunt, caught Homan and Blake. The others were Homan and Choruby each picked off at 2nd.
Choruby was caught stealing, big difference than being picked off. This team has yet to show the power necessary to play station to station baseball. While getting PO is unacceptable, especially three times, occasionally getting caught stealing is part of the risk of the running game.
nereus
AG
Yeah, the missed bunts are a big problem too. We might not always agree if we should bunt or not in every situation, but once the decision is made to bunt we have to execute. Consistently missing two bunt attempts and starting to swing the bat with two strikes is a problem. We either got to figure out how to lay these down within two attempts or we need to stop trying.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.