Today's edition of "Old Man ranting at the sky"

5,892 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by trouble
OleArmyBQ68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mickey Coe
bufrilla
AG
Give them hell Coe!
He's more Aggie than most all of you.
Semper Fi
I/3/3
YB
75AG
AG
Holee Sheet!
Kozmozag
Dam, Childress needs to clean em up.
ensign_beedrill
AG
BQ_90 said:

While we're yelling at clouds, what happened to putting up Ks on the rails after we strike out a batter
Clear bag policy.
BQ_90
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

BQ_90 said:

While we're yelling at clouds, what happened to putting up Ks on the rails after we strike out a batter
Clear bag policy.
They don't fit in a clear bag? Also don't remember them up last year. Also couldn't you store them in the little diamond darling booth?
jkag89
OleArmyBQ68 said:

Mickey Coe
Greatly appreciate the man's service as well as his family's, but a baseball team is not the US Marine Corps.
AggieBaseball06
AG
aggiepublius said:

From The Eagle's Letters to the Editor:

Quote:

Do all Aggie baseball players have to look like they are homeless?
I am wondering why every Aggie baseball player has to have a beard to look like a homeless person. Is this to conform to some religious sect? Is it to be "cool?"
Question of the women Aggies: Why would you date someone with something that grows just as well on the other end? For the Aggie men: Would you date a girl with hairy armpits and hairy legs?
I realize that everyone has his or her own opinion on this, but think about what I said above -- hairy legs, really? Also the unkempt dirty hair -- get a haircut.
Good grooming for men and women as Aggies particularly is important because we all represent our school. Screw diversity, we are talking Aggies, not UT.
MICKEY COE, '66
Corrales, New Mexico
http://www.theeagle.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/letters-for-february/article_077db814-0a32-5f3b-912d-708efdd081b5.html

Holy ****. If this is how he feels about hair, imagine the aneurysm he is going to have when he finds out that women are allowed in the Corps and we no longer play in the SWC....
Rocco S
jkag89 said:

OleArmyBQ68 said:

Mickey Coe
Greatly appreciate the man's service as well as his family's, but a baseball team is not the US Marine Corps.
ensign_beedrill
AG
They were up last year. Maybe not every game, but most. They're pretty big and heavy. Needed to be carried in in a big backpack. They certainly wouldn't all fit in a clear bag of acceptable dimensions.
Rocco S
bufrilla said:

Give them hell Coe!
Semper Fi
I/3/3
YB

I've never disparaged a fellow Aggie just because he chooses to have a beard or long hair.

I really don't get why people that claim to love Jesus despise those who share his grooming habits.
Rocco S
And here's something else I don't get.

This guy is clearly embarrassed about certain baseball players representing Texas A&M just because of their grooming habits. He's so embarrassed he goes to the trouble to write a letter and mail it to College Station.

Did he write a letter about being embarrassed about the way Aggie athletes represented themselves vs. Kansas State in the bowl game? Because that was really ****ing embarrassing. We got our ass kicked by a bunch of farm boys from Kansas who we wouldn't offer a walk on spot to. Half billion dollar stadium, state of the art facilities, barber shop, $5MM/year head coach, John Chavis, etc, and we act like we're too good to be there and put forth a half ass effort that SHOULD be embarrassing to Aggies. We get beat by a team with probably not even half of our money, facilities that aren't anywhere near what we have, and a coach that looks like he should be kicking back and enjoying life in a retirement community.

But that doesn't get a letter.

A ****ing beard does.

Half ass efforts like that should be embarrassing to any Aggie, especially one with a military background, that ought to bring forth rage and fire and scathing correspondence, way before a beard of long hair.
BQ_90
AG
bufrilla said:

Give them hell Coe!
Semper Fi
I/3/3
YB

So he's a better Aggie than most of us because he attacked the looks of fellow Aggies who are playing baseball?

Where was he the week before when these guys got shaved heads and haircut to support MD Anderson.

Seems to me the baseball players are better Aggies than Coe.
Sean98
AG
Quote:

Did he write a letter about being embarrassed about the way Aggie athletes represented themselves vs. Kansas State in the bowl game? Because that was really ****ing embarrassing. We got our ass kicked by a bunch of farm boys from Kansas who we wouldn't offer a walk on spot to. Half billion dollar stadium, state of the art facilities, barber shop, $5MM/year head coach, John Chavis, etc, and we act like we're too good to be there and put forth a half ass effort that SHOULD be embarrassing to Aggies. We get beat by a team with probably not even half of our money, facilities that aren't anywhere near what we have, and a coach that looks like he should be kicking back and enjoying life in a retirement community.
This.

There are 1000 things to be embarrassed about our school on a daily basis, but stupid facial hair ain't one of 'em.
trouble
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

They were up last year. Maybe not every game, but most. They're pretty big and heavy. Needed to be carried in in a big backpack. They certainly wouldn't all fit in a clear bag of acceptable dimensions.

This. You'd need several people to bring them all in. And the bags sold by most of the places in town and the 12th man store wouldn't last all season carrying them.
AggieBaseball06
AG
bufrilla said:

Give them hell Coe!
Semper Fi
I/3/3
YB

If he was really a better Aggie, he would know that it's tu and not UT.
William_C_G
AG
I agree with Coe that the Civil War-era beards look silly. But beards are "in" right now for many guys between 18-40, particularly baseball players. Beards are a fad for about 10 years out of every 50. The last time beards were "in," hippies wore them and seldom bathed, so at these beards look and smell better. The fad will last until girls get tired of the scratchy beards...probably about 2020. Until then, Coe just needs to grimace and bear it.
trouble
AG
A well maintained beard is not scratchy.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.