Any Rumors of eventual Olsen Expansion plans?

9,109 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by encinoag
BOBHICA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hear it's going to happen once softball is completed but wanted to throw a thread up here to discuss your ideas. Personally, i'd like to see:

*Stands down the left field line and wrapped around the flag pole, extending to somewhere in left center. Would love to have seating for at least 10,000 fans

*Create outfield space for "Aggie Alley" type of environment complete with smokers/grills. The social aspect of old Aggie Alley is dearly missed.

*I would imagine that beyond the fence in right is off limits due to proximity of the train tracks and the liability associated with it. Anyone know if there's truth to that?

Whatcha got?
tonytx05
AG
There's a thread that covers this some, though it devolved into bickering about season ticket sales towards the end:

https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/2820346/
aggiepaintrain
AG

The question is...will a reseating be in order, similar to Kyle....hope not.
BOBHICA
AG
Thank you
The Debt
We can start some rumors if you would like
Sea Gull
AG
I hear they are going to serve free beer at Olsen when it's expanded.
twk
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

If they didn't do that in 2012, hard to see why you think that would even be up for discussion now?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Look across the street.
dermdoc
AG
Dermdeck
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ensign_beedrill
AG
No, it's free Blue Bell.
BQ_90
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

question is why would they? My guess is they'll use priority points if you want to move or purchase any newly available seats. But it's not like they're tearing things down and start over.
histag10
AG
Duck Patrol said:

I hear they are going to serve free beer at Olsen when it's expanded.

Should that ever happen, I just may have to insist we move to central Texas with the next move.
twk
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Look across the street.

I see a facility that was rebuilt when I look across the steeet. That's a really poor comparison.
aggiepaintrain
AG
The 12th Man Foundation makes the rules on both, that's all you need to know.

Icecream_Ag
S
From what I've been told and then redesigned in my head.

They are gonna replace the left field lawn with seats and create something like MSU's outfield around to the batters eye and traditional seating along the right field wall.

Not sure how its possible, but thats what Ive decided they are gonna do.
Capt. America
AG
My dream scenario:
Belton Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

My dream scenario:

Where's the lazy river?!?!
Capt. America
AG
Unfortunately, we contracted it out to LSU and they still haven't gotten back to us.
dermdoc
AG
South Carolina's stadium kicks LSU's butt imho
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tonytx05
AG
Kyle Field pretty much had to be reseated because you couldn't just give people their old seats, those didn't exist anymore. I don't see why this expansion won't be handled any differently than how baseball tickets have been done in the past, just with more seats to sell.
jkag89
twk said:

aggiepaintrain said:

If they didn't do that in 2012, hard to see why you think that would even be up for discussion now?
They were forced to do some reshuffling at Olsen in 2012 but they seem to make a honest attempt to keep most ticket holders as close to their old seats as possible. Not sure why folks believe that the addition of outfield seating will require reseating of season ticket holders this go around. Maybe they are fearful of further eroding of the GA sections along the first base side?
Chrundle the Great
AG
Take it for what it's worth, but I'm a current student who just voted for "Expansion of Student seating at Olsen" as my class of '18 gift. That's why I clicked on this thread to see if there's actually any fire to this smoke. Reading it on the ballot was the first I heard of it, although I think it's more than warranted even if I never get to use it.
Spyderman
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

No, it's free Blue Bell.
Agmechanic
AG
Spyderman said:

ensign_beedrill said:

No, it's free Blue Bell.

With Liquor in it?!?!???
ensign_beedrill
AG
greenyjoe said:

Take it for what it's worth, but I'm a current student who just voted for "Expansion of Student seating at Olsen" as my class of '18 gift. That's why I clicked on this thread to see if there's actually any fire to this smoke. Reading it on the ballot was the first I heard of it, although I think it's more than warranted even if I never get to use it.
Unfortunately, "expansion of student seating" probably means moving students to the outfield once all is said and done.
Icecream_Ag
S
ensign_beedrill said:

greenyjoe said:

Unfortunately, "expansion of student seating" probably means moving students to the outfield once all is said and done.
that is exactly what it means
twk
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

greenyjoe said:

Maybe, but one thing to keep in mind is NCAA post-season ticket regulations. If we sold the entire grandstand as season tickets, we'd have to do like LSU and move some season ticket holders out of their seats for the super regionals, because NCAA rules require the host team to provide the visitors 600 seats between first and third. Given that requirement, I think 202 and 203 will remain GA for the regular season, so that they don't have to displace season ticket holders in the post-season.
Bondag
AG
BrandoC
AG
Except no stands and all chairback seating. LSU's look like dog*****
Capt. America
AG
This was rcb05's version of my concept.
UnderoosAg
AG
Can we get bleachers back in right field? Cuz, you know...
Deadwood
AG
Capt. America said:

My dream scenario:

They ARE actually putting in a lazy river at the Rangers Frisco AA affiliate.
Icecream_Ag
S
UnderoosAg said:

Can we get bleachers back in right field? Cuz, you know...
kinda loses something when GA will already be RF bleachers
nereus
AG
The RoughRider's lazy river opened last year. It seemed to me the view wouldn't be that good anytime you are on the back end of the lazy river, but I'm guessing a lot of the people paying to do the lazy river don't really care.
ensign_beedrill
AG
All I require really is that the view of the trains not be obstructed.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.