This team...

1,622 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by W
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it is early in the season, but I am loving what I am seeing!

These freshman can stroke the bat.... they run hard... and you can tell they don't want to have a rebuilding year.

Pitching will be good, as usual.

Fielding, we have not looked great, but I'm hoping this will improve over the season. To me we seem a bit slow in the outfield, and we have made some mental errors and bad throws in the infield.

I did not have much hope this season after seeing how many guys we lost from one of the best Aggie teams ever, but I think our team has the potential to be very good and the future looks bright!

Gig'Em
BQ_90
AG
I think we'll have a little better picture after the next two weekends.
histag10
AG
if nothing else, the next few years look promising as these players continue to develop.
Wabs
AG
I feel we missed a GREAT opportunity last year. The 2016 team will be one of my all-time favorites. The 2017 team will be a long shot to make the CWS. However, it really looks like we have a group that will be very, very good in 2018 and 2019.
technoviking
AG
We definely missed a great opportunity last year. The field of teams that actually made it to the CWS was far weaker than the teams that were "supposed" to make it last year, based on the season's results as a whole. I loved watching that team and it was hard to watch them swallow that sour pill against the horned frogs.

I think you're right in your assessment of defensive weakness and mental mistakes so far this year. And those will cost the team games this year - just as they did the last couple of super regionals with all that extra talent on those teams - so, the margin of error for making those same mistakes and still winning is smaller in my opinion.

But, I too am really happy to see the likes of Gutierrez and Shewmake hit well as well as Mason Cole's outing, I thought he looked sharp. Doxakis got in trouble and I hope he bounces back. Shewmake's swing has an effortlessness to it. He rocked that foul ball out of the park with ease, I'm really excited abou to him going forward.

All in all I see us making a regional this year. Making it to a super regional would be above and beyond what I think the team will do, but very few will be happier to see them do it if they do than I will be!

Let's go ags!
kevmiller
BQ_90 said:

Agreed
Like where we are at ...but not about to up change expectations based on 3 wins over bowling green and a 12 inning win over SFA.
Let's see where we are in 2 weeks. I
Aggies2009
AG
Agreed.

That said, I'd rather be where we are than where we were in other seasons. Like 2013 losing to Illinois-Chicago 2-0 on opening day.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
BQ_90 said:

This is exactly my feelings about them. As soon as we get out of Houston, we will know what to expect from these Ags in SEC play.
Signel
AG
I hope SFA was just an anomaly. We had some ugly at bats against marginal pitchers that would likely not start at SEC schools. I am not saying SFA is bad; I just know how good SEC pitching is...

I am cautiously optimistic. I think we will be in the hunt at the end of the season, and that is all that matters.
W
AG
Pepperdine (3-0) swept their opening series too...at home vs. St. Joseph's.

outscored them 24 to 10 in the 3 games
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.