Walk off Wild Pitch?!

2,022 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Belton Ag
Radiant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just in case you haven't seen the video yet...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18738596
AggieBill005
AG
Thanks for posting! Good way to start the morning...
AGinHI
AG
Awesome!

Thanks
Radiant
AG
Here's a more in-depth recap too

http://gigemgazette.com/2017/02/22/texas-baseball-aggies-defeat-sfa-walk-off-wild-pitch/
Sea Gull
AG
That article said Chafin righted the ship. Chafin had control issues...it was Sherrod who came in and put a lid on it.
75AG
AG
That Aggie fan in the background has me cracking up!
Radiant
AG
Duck Patrol said:

That article said Chafin righted the ship. Chafin had control issues...it was Sherrod who came in and put a lid on it.
That's a fair point. He wasn't as sharp as Sherrod. It was good for the Aggies that he found a way to keep the damage to five.
Mr.Ackar07
I'm just glad the pitcher didn't end up stepping on Shewmake's hand there at the end.
mdanyc03
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Ruffcorn and Landon minor threw 2 and 2/3 clean innings before sherrod
cords12
Did we really do a college World Series dog pile for beating SFA???
Aston 91
AG
Won't see a run score on a wild pitch during an intentional walk in the MLB starting in 2017:
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18737245/mlb-union-agree-get-rid-traditional-intentional-walkwill-use-signal-dugout
I don't like the change, but I guess they're trying anything to speed up the game.
Radiant
AG
Aston 91 said:

Won't see a run score on a wild pitch during an intentional walk in the MLB starting in 2017:
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18737245/mlb-union-agree-get-rid-traditional-intentional-walkwill-use-signal-dugout
I don't like the change, but I guess they're trying anything to speed up the game.
I don't have a clue how shaving off two or three minutes is going to make someone who wasn't watching anyways more interested. Think its a it of a fools errand.
Aggieangler93
AG
Looks like it may speed up a very small percentage of games by 1 minute. I don't like it much.

I'd rather see some rule about a pitch clock, when no one on, like we have in college. Batter is held to it too. And no one needs 20 seconds. Don't have to adjust every glove, sock, belt, helmet, you have before every pitch. Wear crap that fits since you make over a million a year. That would speed things up immensely.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
themissinglink
AG
cords12 said:

It wasn't really an intended dogpile. A bunch of guys fell over in the cluster of excited players greeting Shewmake.
Aggies2009
AG
cords12 said:

Yeah... Heaven forbid our guys be excited about coming back from 5-0 down to win in the bottom of the 12th inning.

Baseball is a funny game where any team can and will beat any other team on a given day. Just yesterday something like 8 of the top 25 lost including 3 of the top 5 to unranked teams. Any win is big, considering any team is a threat to win. And to work back from 5-0 down in the 3rd to pitch 9 shutout innings basically by committee is always nice.
rae13
AG
Quote:

I bet you're fun at parties...
Basketball and Chain
AG
cords12 said:

Just win, baby
jkag89
cords12 said:

Heaven forbid that 18-22 year olds (and mostly skewed to the younger side) show a little excitement after coming back to win a hard fought game.
Sea Gull
AG
cords12 said:

Someone never played sports lol.
75AG
AG
Are you a DB in real life, or just on this post. Let the damn kids celebrate.
Belton Ag
AG
cords12 said:

Smooth badass right here, folks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.