streaming games

1,115 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nereus
bugle rank '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We watched many games last year via watchespn with our Roku.

We attempted to watch the game last night on watchespn and it said the event was not found. Then tried to stream it with our phone and got a message that said Learfield has blocked transmission of this event.

Did anyone else try to stream the game and get this message? Is this going to be a common occurrence?
ja86
AG
I had no issues streaming through the watchespn app on my laptop.
Signel
AG
Streamed with WatchESPN to my Chromecast through my browser.
Ags_2002
AG
Streamed game thru watch espn app on Apple TV. No issues
dermdoc
AG
Streamed on my watchEspn app on my iPad without problems.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PapaJohn14
AG
Streamed with the WarchESPN app on my Apple TV with zero problems last night
bugle rank '87
AG
It must be an issue between the roku and WatchESPN. Maybe we need to switch to Apple TV !
CypressAg09
AG
I watched it on my Roku tv last night.
farmrag
We used the Roku last night without any problems.
themissinglink
AG
I streamed the game on an Amazon fire stick and had some issues. It would cut out on me every couple of innings.
The White Wolf
I was streaming on an Amazon Fire Stick as well and there were a few issues but for the most part everything was great and coming in clear HD. Sure wish they would raise the camera out there in the outfield a few feet but that'll never happen.

Does anyone know how to stream the radio audio feed? I have used tunein or gone to the zone's website to stream in the past, but this year it won't let me access the audio. I don't know if the SEC has done something with streaming rights or what, but if anyone knows the details, please let me know. I am on the road for a lot of these games and I don't like missing any of them. Plus, having Dave South on the road with me always keeps things entertaining.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I'm on att uverese and every so many innings it locked me out and said I don't have service for it... happened on phone and Xbox ticked me off I would have to log out and then back in
NWenso
I use the watchESPN app via Roku as well. Every once in a while, the game is not posted on the 'live TV" listings. However, the two items I noticed that have an impact are to look for it right at time of first pitch, as they seldom show any pregame. Also, iI have had to search under the sport and locate the game., i.e. look under the "baseball" menu, then "NCAA baseball" submenu and, boom, there it is.
AlphaBean
AG
So far I'm having repeated issues with watchespn locking up on the Xbox one. Didn't have these problems last year. It works fine from my iPhone and chromecast though.
The White Wolf
yeah I started the game on xbox espn but had to change to the fire stick because it was just so bad.
histag10
AG
The White Wolf said:

I was streaming on an Amazon Fire Stick as well and there were a few issues but for the most part everything was great and coming in clear HD. Sure wish they would raise the camera out there in the outfield a few feet but that'll never happen.

Does anyone know how to stream the radio audio feed? I have used tunein or gone to the zone's website to stream in the past, but this year it won't let me access the audio. I don't know if the SEC has done something with streaming rights or what, but if anyone knows the details, please let me know. I am on the road for a lot of these games and I don't like missing any of them. Plus, having Dave South on the road with me always keeps things entertaining.

Usually on the first post of the game thread it has a link to audio. Dont know if you would have to keep the site up to stream it or not though.

I have used the Radio Aggieland app in the past to stream audio on my phone.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I was getting the audio through tunein, but not from the radio station. You have to search for "texas a&m sports network"

I think radio streaming got blocked this year. The same happened for football, and I was really hoping it wouldn't happen for baseball as well because the only place you can hear it over the airwaves is in College Station. Unlike football, I don't think any other stations pick up the baseball broadcasts. So the only way for most of us to hear the game is through streaming. Why it's being blocked then is beyond me.
themissinglink
AG
Same. I think the issues I was experiencing are uverse issues and not amazon issues. Occasionally, When I'd try to log back in it would tell me something along the lines of "you are not authorized to view this content" (which is false). It would go away after I would try it a couple of times. Every once in a while, watchespn would switch from saying "powered by uverse" to "powered by time warner" or "powered by xfinity". Time warner doesn't provide service in my area so I'm not sure how it came up with that one.

I watched the 2nd game Saturday from my parent's Roku (they also have uverse) and had similar issues.
Aggieangler93
AG
I streamed it over direcTV using the watchESPN digital content. It worked like a charm and I am really glad they added it.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
nereus
AG
I streamed it through roku with the sling tv app. No major issues but it did pause a few times during the game. Wasn't really too bad except that I got far enough behind that when I checked TexAgs to see if anyone at the game had seen any interference by the first baseman since the tv cameras apparently didn't have a camera pointed there, TexAgs spoiled the home run.

One thing I do find annoying (which may or may not be your problem) is they don't start the feed up until pretty close to first pitch. I missed the first couple pitches on one of the games this weekend because when I first tried a few minutes to early it wasn't ready and when I tried a few minutes later a couple pitches had been thrown. I really wish you could select it before the broadcast like fifteen minutes beforehand and it would go to a loading screen and then it would just start streaming automatically when the feed actually starts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.