*****Aggies vs. SFA*****

51,082 Views | 714 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Foxo
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great win tonight...
TheChameleon
AG
TAL06RES said:

If Homan doesn't figure it out soon, I have a feeling we'll see Shewmake slide over to short and insert another one of these freshmen at second. Really like Foster. Dude grinds out at-bats, has a couple 0-2 hits. Really impressive hitter.

It's just one game, but it was a very disappointing showing from Homan tonight who is supposed to be one of the senior leaders, at least for the offense. To go 0-6 against a mediocre school, at home, and fall short on two separate opportunities to win the game and make up for a poor day... Just really a let down. After a great season last year, and again, with him being a senior this year I expected more
Sandman98
AG
Quote:

Just really a let down. After a great season last year, and again, with him being a senior this year I expected more

Hopefully someone tells him.
The Debt
The Debt said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

I was kind of hoping for a walk-off wild pitch there
the night is young
Rocco S
Sandman98 said:

Quote:

Just really a let down. After a great season last year, and again, with him being a senior this year I expected more

Hopefully someone tells him.
Good grief. I'm objective and often critical of this program but that's just ridiculous
Sea Gull
AG
To be fair, I really like Homan in the 9 spot. I do not like him in the 2 hole. That being said, that poster is a drama queen.
twk
AG
Not a good night at the plate; however, it was good to see Corbin come through after putting himself in a jam--confidence is a huge thing for him, and he had to feel good about himself after his two innings. Sherrod looked sharp. Hopefully, Doxakis can bounce back from that, because we can use a good lefty out of the pen. I don't understand having Chaffin be the first guy out of the pen when we're starting a lefty, and SFA is using an all-right handed lineup. Homan, Davis, and Pennington need to get going at the plate--nobody's job is safe if they don't produce.
Foxo
AG
Going forward, its going to be hard to keep Foster, Blake, Schoenvogel and Gutierrez out of the starting lineup.
annie88
AG
Beau Holder said:

Feel bad for SFA and that pitcher, but 4-0 is 4-0.

Getting my ticket tonight for A&M-TCU in Minute Maid.
I do feel for the kid, not enough to wish we'd lost, but that has to suck to be him right now. Mental game. But, they'd probably never gotten 5 without our error on not tossing the ball to the catcher, so that's the way it goes sometimes.

If you saw the catcher on the pitch before that, he took his hands in a tamp down motion, like calm down dude, since he'd almost done it already. Then he did it even worse. I'm sure that catcher wasn't amused. He almost got the throw back though if you notice in the video.

But yeah, if that kid was my kid, I'd feel devastated for him. But, tomorrow is another day and another game.

It's baseball baby!
ensign_beedrill
AG
I was real glad Corbin was able to get out of that, too. And a lot of thanks to Nick Choruby for an amazing catch that probably saved that inning.
TAL06RES
AG
It is just one game. But so far a double in his first AB is all he's done. I'm not saying to throw him out without him getting an opportunity. What I'm saying is that with all the good AB's coming from a handful of other players, he's going to have to turn it around quickly.

Couple his bad AB's with failed hunt attempts, and it's adding up to someone else getting a shot. He did a good job hitting behind the runner after he failed to get the bunt the down, but your 2 hole batter, in this offense has to be able to execute a bunt. Especially with Choruby getting on base as much as he has.

It's early and he deserves a chance to work himself out of it, especially if he continues to play good defense. If that falters, I'd expect to see something different. Just my 2 cents.
Bocephus
AG
TAL06RES said:

It is just one game. But so far a double in his first AB is all he's done. I'm not saying to throw him out without him getting an opportunity. What I'm saying is that with all the good AB's coming from a handful of other players, he's going to have to turn it around quickly.

Couple his bad AB's with failed hunt attempts, and it's adding up to someone else getting a shot. He did a good job hitting behind the runner after he failed to get the bunt the down, but your 2 hole batter, in this offense has to be able to execute a bunt. Especially with Choruby getting on base as much as he has.

It's early and he deserves a chance to work himself out of it, especially if he continues to play good defense. If that falters, I'd expect to see something different. Just my 2 cents.

Dude is a leader and it MATTERS to him. Give him a few more games to work out if it.
Bondag
AG
I would like to see Jorge a little higher in the line-up and maybe even Shoemake in the 2 hole. Let Homan work out the kinks then bring him back up.
TAL06RES
AG
I agree. As I said he deserves time to work it out. Hopefully lower in the lineup.
jkag89
Last season Childress/Bolt juggled the lineup a number of times in order to find spots in which players were comfortable and/or to try to maximize production. I see no reason they will not do the same this season, I believeve they'll be more likely to experiment early on considering all the new faces.
Foxo
AG
It would not be wise to throw our regulars out of the line up after only 4 games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.