Video Review - Instant Replay

988 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jshea2424
jshea2424
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jshea2424
AG
Does anyone know why that play from this weekend was reviewed? In looking at what I can find, the rule is as follows:
The following plays will be reviewable:
a. Deciding if a batted ball is fair or foul. The ball must first touch the ground or a fielder beyond the initial position of the first or third baseman.
b. Deciding if a batted ball is either a ground rule double or a home run.
c. Any catch or no catch in the outfield or foul territory.
d. A call of "no catch" can be changed to "catch" within the infield only if it results in a third out with any runners on base, or any time with a batter runner only.
e. Spectator interference.
f. Deciding scoring plays at home plate inclusive of collisions (illegal and/or malicious slides) or time plays.

I thought our play was just a grounder to 2B that Choruby beat out, not sure how that fits into any of these categories. Unless it falls under "F" since someone scored on that play, even though the play wasn't at the plate?
dermdoc
AG
There was a play made at the plate in that sequence.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jshea2424
AG
So the review was actually to see if the 2nd runner scored rather than Choruby being safe at first? I didn't see the play live, only read the threads so was confused by the review.
dermdoc
AG
I assume so. They never said what they were reviewing but I think that is the only part of that play that was reviewable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Signel
AG
Dermdoc is correct. It was about the close play at the plate. It was a bang bang play, and they reviewed it.

SAFE! I think in the end, neither of the two angles were good enough to overturn the call.
BQ_90
AG
I give them credit, they took less time to look it than the the time it takes to make a call in football
jshea2424
AG
You guys know if it is optional or decided by the teams before the series starts? I assume not every place will have technology to support it. Texas had a play in the Rice series this weekend that was a fair/foul call off a batters foot that was argued by the coaches but not reviewed. Can't figure out why they wouldn't have gone to replay. Obviously they had the technology with LHN covering the game and the replay clearly showed the call was wrong. But no replay was done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.