Reddit thread up about Aggie Baseball

3,556 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts with video about the Ball 5 chant vs TCU in the supers. Then goes on to talk about general A&M stuff. Decent read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/5uyqxu/i_recently_moved_to_texas_and_this_explains/?st=IZDBZLU2&sh=381bd845
NewOldAg
AG
I saw that today! Was totally shocked.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Sort of odd that a lot of people mentioned the clapping for a strike after the Ball X chant was sarcastic, I never really thought of that as sarcastic or mocking really. I guess in the mess with your little brother way of mocking
Capt. America
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Sort of odd that a lot of people mentioned the clapping for a strike after the Ball X chant was sarcastic, I never really thought of that as sarcastic or mocking really. I guess in the mess with your little brother way of mocking

For me, it was always an "oh, bless your heart. You finally got a strike!"

Never really mean, but totally sarcastic.
CactusThomas
AG
Definitely sarcastic.
histag10
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

I always took it as genuinely giving the pitcher a hand. He's a young guy who worked his way our of a really bad/stressful situation. He throws a strike, cheer him on, he doesn't do it every time, obviously. (Which I guess is kind of sarcastic)
ColoradoMooseHerd
Wtf?

You guys did not realize that the cheer at the end was sarcasm? Seriously?
LOYAL AG
AG
OK, nice thread but this is fantastic! Further down a guy says he's part of the "couch crew" at Abilene Christian where they go out, sit on their couches and "cheer" for the other team in a pee-wee dad kind of way. he gets this is response:

Quote:

I played ball for a team in the ASC and I distinctly remember you guys giving me **** in left field.
One of the chicks was hammered and offered to toss my salad. I kept a straight face but we all lost it when we got back in the dugout.
Keep doing what you do.
Rusty GCS
AG
I've always thought the clap for a strike was meant to be patronizing
NewOldAg
AG
Iirc, it's patronizing, sarcastic, and a little bit of relief. Finally our guys get a hitable pitch.
The Debt

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.