Tips for a freshman

3,047 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
Lord_TyTy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a first generation Aggie freshman, what are some Texas A&M baseball game traditions I should know about?
Sea Gull
AG
Check 4 threads down
Lord_TyTy
Yeah, I saw that immediately after I posted...oops
histag10
AG
reading comprehension is hard for newbies.
Sea Gull
AG
But honestly, as long as you don't cuss, aren't vulgar, not too offensive (ie keep it family oriented), you'll learn as you go along. Don't feel like you can't say what you want...just do you. And be creative. Also, don't get caught smuggling booze in...especially as a freshman unless you know the usher and cops around.

Also, don't be afraid to go by yourself...I met some of my best friends at Aggie baseball.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Get to the park about 10 minutes before first pitch and just take it all in! Oh, and it really gets the crowd riled up when you beat hullabaloo canek canek on the bleachers or take the initiative to get a BTHO Bowling Green yell going!

But really, welcome. Aggie baseball is the best sport to attend on campus and a great way to not study the entire spring semester. Get there early to make sure you get a seat on the second deck first base side and don't be afraid to participate in the craziness that keeps the Olsen Field in Blue Bell Park.
Lord_TyTy
I've really been looking forward to it. I can't go this weekend because I'm headed home, but I hope to be able to catch every game from here on out.
Aggies2009
AG
First tip: NEVER EVER EVER MISS OPENING DAY
Lord_TyTy
Aggies2009 said:

First tip: NEVER EVER EVER MISS OPENING DAY
We'll get 'em next time
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
This is where you already messed up. Opening day is special. You only get one of those a year.
jkag89
All the baseball "traditions" developed over time with fans simply enjoying the game and Raggies being creative with their heckling. In other words, while most of what happens now is fantastic, don't be afraid to add your bit of flavor to it as long as it remains family friendly. For example, if we stayed to only the tried and true, we would not have developed over the past couple of seasons our most visible game tradition, bubbles.
Tex100
AG
Stupid fish.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Have fun, cheer for your Ags, find a section where you fit in, don't be afraid to make new friends, and think before you speak.
histag10
AG
Baseball friends are the best. And think before you speak? Really? The best things are said without thought
Sea Pony 07
AG
I meant more like remember it's a family game, that's all.
histag10
AG
Ah, well yeah. And as a parent of a toddler who likes to repeat things he hears, it's appreciated for people to watch their language
Luke The Drifter
AG

Pro Tip: Change your user name. Lord_TyTy has got to go.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Mark Fairchild
AG
You are in for the ride of your life. Nothing can compare to AGGIE baseball played at Olsen. Know from the beginning that you are part of the ongoing best da*n tradition in AGGIELAND. Be there early and leave late. Most of all, make all of us former Raggies proud. Wish I was there tonight. Give 'Em He**!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Lord_TyTy
Luke The Drifter said:

You don't tell me what to do
jkag89
Lord_TyTy said:

Luke The Drifter said:

You don't tell me what to do
You are free to ignore our sound advice as the grumblings of a bunch of doddering fools but you did ask for tips.
trouble
AG
You gonna yourself a nickname.
80s Guy
trouble said:

You gonna yourself a nickname.

Can you imagine what we would have done with that back in the day?

Oh and OP, just soak the first one in.
histag10
AG
And when you consider most people on this board end up meeting at some point, that nickname could be real bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.