Former Olsen Field PA Derrick DD Grubbs has a book

7,220 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BCSWguru
Aggie12B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great book. I started going to Aggie baseball games religiously in '84 up until '99 when I joined the Army. I became a season ticket holder in '89, which was the first year they sold the entire lower deck as reserved seats, and kept my tickets until I finally let them go in '12 due to PTSD from four deployments to Iraq making the games unpleasant to attend. My seats were in section 104 (might have been 103) on the first row right over the visiting team's dugout right next to Agkman. DD definitely MADE the baseball games quality entertainment. Fast forward many years to DD's stint with the Round Rock Express, i went with a group of Soldiers from the Warrior Transition Brigade at Fort Hood and DD announced all of the WTB Soldiers by name. I recognized DD's voice and was able to go talk to him in the press box. DD was (and is) a Great AG and he transformed Aggie Baseball. Today, not just Aggie baseball, but many other programs are riding on the coattails of what DD created at Olsen Field in the mid to late '80's. Thanks DD for all you did for Aggie Baseball!
BBQ
AG
HOP, I was in attendance for that OSU game and if I remember correctly, Robin Ventura was a part of that team. I am going to go out on a limb and say Pete Incaviglia was a part of that team as well. However, my memory bank may be failing me on that.

I also remember a mid week game v. Nebraska that was basically a boat race. By the 3rd inning, the Aggs were up something like 16-0.

The tu series was magical.
Farmari Bojuji
BCSWguru
What a read. Thanks for sharing the stories.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.