D1 Baseball Top 25

2,123 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://d1baseball.com/news/2017-d1baseball-preseason-top-25/

No surprises really, Ags at 20 which is about right for now...
technoviking
AG
Not bad. TCU is stacked this year, as is the SEC as a whole. It's gonna be an exciting year, can't wait!

Our schedule, shown in this light, is pretty favorable: no Florida or South Carolina on the schedule. Hosting a regional seems well within reach.

That tournament in Houston with Tech and TCU looms large. How many of y'all are going? I'll be at the TCU game for sure.
dermdoc
AG
TCU's pitching should be unreal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Schrute
dermdoc said:

In my dream the Ags go into a Ft Worth Regional as a 2 or 3 seed against a #1 ranked TCU team. And knock them off....
W
AG
TCU 2017 seems equivalent to Rice 2003. There is no excuse for not winning the whole thing. Talent level is off-the-charts.

of course I could also say that TCU 2017 seems equivalent to Rice 2004...
W
AG
I'm pleasantly surprised the Ags are #20
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

I'm pleasantly surprised the Ags are #20
I listened to their podcast and a big reason is because they believe in our pitching. They said depending on how the new starters perform at the plate will determine if we finish much higher or lower than that.
jkag89
Schrute said:

dermdoc said:

In my dream the Ags go into a Ft Worth Regional as a 2 or 3 seed against a #1 ranked TCU team. And knock them off....
My dream season this year would be to eliminate the Froggies in Omaha, preferably in the championship series.
TexasRebel
AG
Schrute said:

dermdoc said:

(Un)fortunately, this cannot happen.
TXAggie2011
AG
TexasRebel said:

Schrute said:

dermdoc said:

(Un)fortunately, this cannot happen.
?
TexasRebel
AG
I was thinking Super Regional when I first skimmed the post...

But I'd assume the committee would avoid the matchup in a regional for the same reason as we won't see TCU in a Super this year.
twk
AG
TexasRebel said:

I was thinking Super Regional when I first skimmed the post...

But I'd assume the committee would avoid the matchup in a regional for the same reason as we won't see TCU in a Super this year.
They absolutely won't pair us with TCU for a super regional (in other words, if we are both 1 seeds, with one a national seed and the other not, as was the case the last 2 years, we will still not be matched up). That's official policy. I don't know if that holds true in the situation suggested, above, where we aren't a one seed, but I would think that it does, at least to the extent that I don't think they will send us to Fort Worth. What I'm less sure about is whether they would send us to a regional, as a 2 seed, that is paired with a TCU regional.

In any event, I'm hoping that we host, and thereby trigger the no 3-time rematch policy, and let someone else deal with the Frogs.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Think that's about right for us in the pre-season. Should be a fun year!
Yell Practice
#20 Keep it going Ags.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.