Omaha Bound! Need recommendations

1,909 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wabs
waco_aggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My buddy and I are planning to attend the opening weekend of this year's CWS, regardless of the Aggies' presence or absence. Need advice from those who have attended previously. We will be pretty price conscience in regards to hotels and such so any deals in that regard would be great as well.

Thanks & Gig Em
histag10
AG
Just a general price conscious way to save on hotels- if you or your buddy work for a large company, see if any hotels have corporate rates for employees of your company. We get 10-15% off most that we stay at.

Buy tickets early, before any teams get too hyped up and tickets become scarce. Uber is in Omaha, so maybe save there instead of buying a parking pass.
Wicked Good Ag
Go to the zoo no matter what your age...
EMY92
AG
The only ticket that is tough to get is the opening game. Other tickets you can get cheap on Flash Seats, but they shut down sales about 3 hours prior to the game.
Wabs
AG
My son and I are making the trip this year (whether or not the Ags make it). I already have 2 hotel rooms reserved. Now I'm looking for how to get tickets.

Any advice here? Buy GA tickets now? Or pay more for reserved? Wait until we get there and buy off Flash Seats?

TIA!
TAMU1990
AG
GA tickets are in the outfield. You will burn up out there so bring sunscreen. The view is fine out there too. If you are only going to a game or two, I would splurge and get covered seats.
terata
AG
"...regardless of the Aggies' presence or absence. "

You'll be the Aggie representative, with maybe a few others in the stands. Enjoy the experience.
dermdoc
AG
Stay in Council Bluffs right across the river to save on hotels. Five minute drive to the stadium.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CrocsAg20
AG
Dad and I have gone the last 10 years. We always buy tickets from locals selling them outside the stadium and rarely pay anything over face value. We also make sure to buy in the shade for day games, which is around row 25 or higher. For hotels, could also check AirBNB for places to stay.

Omaha is a blast and there's always a few Ag's around every year
ClassOf17
waco_aggie05 said:

My buddy and I are planning to attend the opening weekend of this year's CWS, regardless of the Aggies' presence or absence. Need advice from those who have attended previously. We will be pretty price conscience in regards to hotels and such so any deals in that regard would be great as well.

Thanks & Gig Em

I'm in Waco, what time are we going?
Wabs
AG
I'll be driving through Waco sometime on Fri, 16 June, destination Omaha. Let's make an Aggie caravan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.