Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll Released

2,350 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JDay
LSU Baseball Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Collegiate Baseball Poll

To my knowledge, this is the first preseason poll released for the upcoming season. I'm interested to see how it compares to D1 Baseball's when theirs comes out soon. I expected LSU and TCU to be in the top 5, but here they are #1 and #2. That will be one hell of a matchup in Minute Maid. Not often the top 2 teams play each other in non-conference. Not sure why Texas is ranked after being so bad last year, but I guess they are a blue-blood programs like LSU. We got the benefit of the doubt in a lot of polls in the mid-2000s that we probably did not deserve, based on our dominance in the previous decade.

Sorry I couldn't copy and paste the poll. It came out all weird, and I don't have the time right now to type it all out.
Mr.Ackar07
TCU is crazy:

Quote:

TCU also landed the No. 8 recruiting class in the nation last fall led by 6-foot-6 LHP Nick Lodolo (Damien H.S., LaVerne, CA), a first round supplemental pick last June in the Free Agent Draft who reportedly turned down a $1.75 million signing bonus by the Pirates to be with the Horned Frogs.

It is anchored by Collegiate Baseball pre-season All-American 6-foot-9 RHP Brian Howard (10-2, 3.19 ERA, 93 K, 30 BB) who has a 93 mph down angle fastball, a plus cutter and good feel for his changeup.

Also back is RHP Jared Janczak (7-4, 2.61 ERA, 80 K, 26 BB) along with 6-foot-8, 240-pound RHP Mitchell Traver (30 IP, 3.26 ERA, 28 K, 10 BB) who can ramp up his fastball to 96 mph and also has a power slider.
Not to mention 6-foot-4 265-pound Luken Baker

We did get a "mention" though:

Quote:

"You have to like the experiences that those guys have gone through. We have now been to three straight College World Series. In the process, we have played some very tight Super Regional games. They have been in the fire. That's for sure."
W
AG
I'm going to post this for the first of many times on the board this upcoming season...

anything short of reaching the championship series in Omaha is a failed season for both TCU and LSU.

Their talent levels are ridiculous. Their coaches will have done a poor job if they "only" reach the CWS. Must get to the final series
LSU Baseball Fan
I agree.

This year's team will have expectations as high as 2013 and 2015. I think the starting lineup on the 2015 team was better than what this team projects to be, but we just have so much depth and experience this year. Our bullpen should be strong, and we'll have guys like Chris Reid who are able to contribute off the bench after being starters last year. We have solid JUCO transfers and freshmen coming into an already solid roster.

We just need to finally develop a real third starter, and hopefully a fourth starter. Not having one has killed us in Omaha the last two times. Getting Poche and Newman back helps a lot.

I think we could be even better this year than Florida was last year. Just hoping the boys can deal with the pressure, since like you said, anything less than a good shot at the title would be complete failure with the team we have this year.
sharpdressedman
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Not to mention 6-foot-4 265-pound Luken Baker
Appears he made the right choice.
tk for tu juan
Mr.Ackar07 said:

TCU is crazy:

TCU also landed the No. 8 recruiting class in the nation last fall led by 6-foot-6 LHP Nick Lodolo (Damien H.S., LaVerne, CA), a first round supplemental pick last June in the Free Agent Draft who reportedly turned down a $1.75 million signing bonus by the Pirates to be with the Horned Frogs.
Geez, how good was TCU's signing bonus?
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu doesn't need to offer signing bonuses. They have the #1 rated assistant coach in the country and one of the top pitching coaches in the country in Kirk sarloos. From California, played for Fullerton, Fullerton pitching coach, former major league pitcher, recruits the entire country.
tk for tu juan
ftworthag02
AG
I know you are
JDay
TCU's advantages as a private school being able to work around the 11.7 scholarship limit.

Sarloos also pitched in the game that Fullerton eliminated A&M from the '99 CWS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.