Season Tickets Renewals

10,409 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Linz02Ag
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One other question, how do priority points work with baseball tickets? You get 5 PP per ticket if you buy tickets not requiring a donation. In the renewal process they have a minimum suggested donation level of $150, does that get me an additional 5 PP per ticket for a total of 10PP per ticket (like I get with Football I believe) or does it just get me the 1PP for every $25 donated?

By the way, a "minimum suggested donation" when I am donating thousands of dollars to the 12th man foundation for my football tickets is a really annoying marketing ploy...
twk
AG
Goose06 said:

Moved to Houston from Dallas this year so this will be my first year to get season tickets. Anyone have any idea what priority point total I will need to get them given there is more demand than there are available seats? Also, if in the future I want to upgrade to lower level tickets, anyone know what priority point level you need to get that upgrade this year?
I don't think there's enough of a sample size to give you a good idea. Some years it might be X, and some years it might be 2X--just depends on who is looking. I have a friend that bought season tickets for the first time in a long time last year and he managed to get some on the very end of the first deck, and while he's not what you'd call a big money guy, he has given enough to get included in one of the feature donor groups at a football game. It also depends on how many folks don't renew. I get the feeling that the number of seats available in first deck could be in the single digits.
twk
AG
Goose06 said:

One other question, how do priority points work with baseball tickets? You get 5 PP per ticket if you buy tickets not requiring a donation. In the renewal process they have a minimum suggested donation level of $150, does that get me an additional 5 PP per ticket for a total of 10PP per ticket (like I get with Football I believe) or does it just get me the 1PP for every $25 donated?

By the way, a "minimum suggested donation" when I am donating thousands of dollars to the 12th man foundation for my football tickets is a really annoying marketing ploy...
The additional money gets you 1 point for every $25. I think they put that in for folks who don't buy tickets in other sports. The five points that they finally started awarding were basically to account for the fact that a lower deck baseball season ticket costs $100 more than a balcony basketball ticket and the required donation, and used to get zero priority points, compared to the 12 for the basketball ticket. Still doesn't put baseball tickets on an equal footing (we should be paying $250 face, and the rest be a donation), but it's a step in the right direction.
wareagle044
twk said:

Goose06 said:

The additional money gets you 1 point for every $25. I think they put that in for folks who don't buy tickets in other sports. The five points that they finally started awarding were basically to account for the fact that a lower deck baseball season ticket costs $100 more than a balcony basketball ticket and the required donation. Still doesn't put baseball tickets on an equal footing (we should be paying $250 face, and the rest be a donation), but it's a step in the right direction.

Does the Dugout Club donation achieve the same goal at 1 pt/$25?
twk
AG
Quote:

Does the Dugout Club donation achieve the same goal at 1 pt/$25?
Yes.
twk
AG
Just to elaborate on why someone might want to make a donation, if you are a baseball only season ticket holder, but want to acquire some priority points beyond the five you get for your tickets, making the $150 minimum donation gets you priority points for consecutive years of giving, in addition to the 6 you get for the cash. I can't imagine there being many folks that would donate for that reason, but it's theoretically out there.
12th Man Ag
AG
While I know this is a longshot, what is the donation required to sit in sections 106, 107, and 108?
twk
AG
12th Man Ag said:

While I know this is a longshot, what is the donation required to sit in sections 106, 107, and 108?
I think someone has to die first.
aggiecive
AG
That's sounds like an expensive donation.
Goose06
AG
bb06 said:

That's sounds like an expensive donation.
Gig Em5014
AG
W said:

apparently 384 GA seats have been converted to reserved season ticket seats

I'm sure this won't cause any issues at all on opening weekend...
KaneIsAble
AG
Lower level tix won't become available / unless you're crazy lucky. you might get lucky in the upper rows/corners but that's it. I need two more for my family who's grown (just had 1st kid) but I sit on row 1 and was told someone would have to die as a poster above said.

And just to confirm I used to work with the 12th man and discussed this with a former colleague still employed there so I got the real life version of the answer instead of the PC version.
twk
AG
I think I might have exaggerated just a little bit on the death thing. A really nasty divorce might do the trick, too.
KaneIsAble
AG
i wasn't
12th Man Ag
AG
KaneIsAble said:

Lower level tix won't become available / unless you're crazy lucky. you might get lucky in the upper rows/corners but that's it. I need two more for my family who's grown (just had 1st kid) but I sit on row 1 and was told someone would have to die as a poster above said.

And just to confirm I used to work with the 12th man and discussed this with a former colleague still employed there so I got the real life version of the answer instead of the PC version.

I know it is a long shot, but you'll never know if you don't ask. I also think I remember them saying that section 106, 107, and 108 had 5 or 10 year terms and it was unlikely Amy would come up before that ran out.

But I also asked for 103-105 and 109-111. Maybe 2 will open up.

Tex100
AG
Got a postcard today telling me I can renew online
Tanya 93
I have never seen the same family sitting in our seats from season to season once we moved.
MMantle
AG
I second what Tanya said, I sit in 105.

RR
Tex100
AG
twk said:

Just to elaborate on why someone might want to make a donation, if you are a baseball only season ticket holder, but want to acquire some priority points beyond the five you get for your tickets, making the $150 minimum donation gets you priority points for consecutive years of giving, in addition to the 6 you get for the cash. I can't imagine there being many folks that would donate for that reason, but it's theoretically out there.
I do it for my kids. That way when they graduate they will have so PP.
AgFlyGuy
AG
Tex100 said:

twk said:

I do it for my kids. That way when they graduate they will have so PP.
Are the tickets in your kids' name?
Tex100
AG
Not the tickets, just a donation ($150) each year in their name to TMF once they are a freshman in high school. That way they have some PP when they get out of A&M.
12th Man Ag
AG
Can you transfer baseball tickets to your kids like you can football? I called the TMF on Friday and still no call back. Maybe they shut down for the break.

If so, I am going to move my baseball tickets to my 10 year old son and let him him get the credit for the tickets moving forward, along with his $150 donation each year. This will only be a problem if they re-seat Olsen when they build the new seating!
ColoradoMooseHerd
12th Man Ag said:

Can you transfer baseball tickets to your kids like you can football? I called the TMF on Friday and still no call back. Maybe they shut down for the break.

If so, I am going to move my baseball tickets to my 10 year old son and let him him get the credit for the tickets moving forward, along with his $150 donation each year. This will only be a problem if they re-seat Olsen when they build the new seating!
Some groups will not allow season tickets to be in the name of a minor. Not sure if this is an issue at A&M, but lots of people will not go into a contract with someone that that cannot legally enter a contract without someone else involved.
twk
AG
Quote:

This will only be a problem if they re-seat Olsen when they build the new seating!
I don't think there will be a Kyle Field-style reseating at Olsen. First off, when they did the renovation, they didn't require capital campaign contributions, and they aren't going to do that now for outfield seating that won't benefit existing seat holders. Second, when Byrne opted to raise ticket prices rather than require donations, they went down a path where to retroactively impose priority points as the basis for seating would be indefensible (you didn't even earn priority points for 95% of baseball tickets until last year). Priority points are going to matter when you want new seats, but that's probably it.
12th Man Ag
AG
Anyone know when they will send out tickets?
ensign_beedrill
AG
Prob'ly two weeks before season begins.
tonytx05
AG
Also, I called Thursday and they won't start doing relocation requests until after New Year's. So they'll have to sort all those out before they can send out tickets.
Goose06
AG
tonytx05 said:

Also, I called Thursday and they won't start doing relocation requests until after New Year's. So they'll have to sort all those out before they can send out tickets.
I still haven't heard anything here...
Tex100
AG
I got an email today with an invoice with the same seats, so I guess no relocation for me.
wareagle044
I requested 2 additional -- did not receive according to email received yesterday.
Linz02Ag
AG
Wrong forum
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.