2017 A&M Baseball schedule released

6,961 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by adk9595
Brenham Ag 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://12thman.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball
Wabs
AG
Roll call for March 14th in Austin!
Mr.Ackar07
I admittedly had to look up UTRGV. Their wikipedia is hilarious.

Quote:

The choice of a new university nickname was met with some contention from members of the communities of the two merged schools. UTPA supporters, the larger of the two merged schools, argued for keeping the UTPA nickname, Broncs, while UTB supporters wanted a nickname new to both merged schools. UTPA Alumni Alex Del Barrio created a petition to "Say No To Vaqueros" that garnered over 11,000 signatures after the announcement was made. Several local city councils also passed resolutions in support of one option or the other. President Guy Bailey recommended a new nickname, Vaqueros, to The University of Texas System Board of Regents on November 5, 2014. The suggestion for Vaquero was partly inspired by UTPA student art projects, where the Vaquero and Toro were the most popular projects.

Bailey also recommended school's athletic colors be UT System orange, green (formerly the secondary color of UTPA), and blue (formerly the secondary color of UTB).

The announcement to the decision generated a swift and mainly negative reaction from some UTPA supporters on social media. These supporters, displeased that the Bronc was being moved to the wayside, determined the name was culturally insensitive, racist, and sexist.

Quote:

In February 2016, Valery Leal Cerda started a movement to promote gender equality and petitioned the University to use "Vaqueras" to address women. "Vaquer@" is an alternate spelling that was suggested to include both genders in one spelling.

How is a Spanish word by itself racist and insensitive?
matt.maggio3
RGLAG85
AG
White washing history.

Oops, pigment free coating previously held customs and traditions.

Go Dallas Cowpersons!
trouble
AG
Wabs said:

We'll be there!
jkag89
This crowd certainly would not have been pleased how late '80s - early '90s Raggies referred to Pan American.
Schrute
trouble said:

Wabs said:

We'll be there!
Same same!
Wabs
AG
trouble said:

Wabs said:

We'll be there!
Need to plan a tailgate type deal before the game, maybe a short 1-hour version before the game.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Wabs said:

trouble said:

Wabs said:

We'll be there!
Need to plan a tailgate type deal before the game, maybe a short 1-hour version before the game.
How do we get tickets?
Wabs
AG
Frisco - Ag said:

Wabs said:

trouble said:

Wabs said:

We'll be there!
How do we get tickets?
I suppose we'll have to go through the whorn site to do so. Single game tickets are not on sale right now. I'll keep tracking it, as long as I can bear going to their website. Currently says single game tickets go on sale "Winter 2016"
MMantle
AG
Bowling Green? Brown?

As TC would say, "Holy cow!"

RR
Basketball and Chain
AG
Can't wait for the SEC to dominate the Classic this year
W
AG
all right, good to see the schedule released. The East division slate is definitely friendlier in 2017 than last year. Total of 35 home games and 18 road games plus 3 neutral site. No UH or TSU on the schedule.

will have to survive road trips to Vandy and LSU on back-to-back weekends
ftworthag02
AG
Tcu will dominate the classic this year.
drewser95
AG
Wonder if the UT-Arlington game in April will be played at Globe Life Park again.
Captain Pablo
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
I'm a little worried about all the players we lost who brought a lot of experience and leadership to the table. I'm sure the guys behind them will step up, but it's nice to see this schedule will not be as daunting as last year.
Captain Pablo
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Tcu will dominate the classic this year.

Like anyone could know that

Luke The Drifter
AG
drewser95 said:

Wonder if the UT-Arlington game in April will be played at Globe Life Park again.

It's possible. The Rangers are on the road the day we play UT-A.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=tex#y=2017&m=4&calendar=DEFAULT

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Tanya 93
I can tell all about where to stay and where to eat in Columbia!

AGGIE BASEBALL!

I am so excited!
Ag 11
Ag 11
ensign_beedrill
AG
Was just entering all the games into my personal calendar and noticed a couple of things.

Alabama series is listed as starting on a Friday, but Alabama schedule has it starting on a Thursday. Thursday start is probably correct, considering it's Easter weekend.

The Friday Tennessee game is at 2:00. For Muster I assume.
jbr
AG
Alabama series is Thursday-Saturday.

I have confirmed with baseball staff.
histag10
AG
I like having DBU back on the schedule.

Also, did we sign a contract with the Ivey conference? Seems we have scheduled a weekend series with one for the past few years (Columbia, Penn, Yale, Brown).
Aggieangler93
AG
You entered all the games by hand? I usually just import the ical file.
tjack16
AG
Anybody know when tickets to the game in Austin go on sale? And what's the best way to get them?
MaroonMack
tjholley17 said:

Anybody know when tickets to the game in Austin go on sale? And what's the best way to get them?
Per the Sips' website, single game tickets for non-boosters go on sale on January 17th. There are some available on Stubhub already, but they're pricey for those of us who aren't BMA's.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Sure. I import the calendar as well. That way I can see discrepancies.

I get pretty bored at work sometimes.
adk9595
AG
W said:

at Vandy and LSU on back-to-back weekends

That's flat-out brutal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.