Fall practice?

16,890 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Foxo
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Begins?
Yell Practice
September 16, I think.
Spyderman
Foxo
AG
The two teams have been designated but no announcement to the fans.
Foxo
AG
I think today is the first day of fall practice with 1st scrimmage on Wednesday. I think.

2017 roster still shows the 2016 team. Baseball does not communicate to fans.
uncover&humpit
AG
Are any of the scrimmages open to the public?
Foxo
AG
I think they are all open
uncover&humpit
AG
Looks like all the practices are open with scrimmages on Wed, Thu & Fri.

Aggies Commence Fall Practice
Mr.Ackar07
Can anyone that is able to go today, come back and post your thoughts (especially the new guys)? I doubt 12thman.com will provide any updates until the Omaha Cup challenge starts.
Foxo
AG
First scrimmage today at 3:30.

Follow this link for the 2017 roster.

First day of intrasquad scrimmages... First pitch at approximately 3:30 pm. http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/tamu.sidearmsports.com/documents/2016/9/28/2016_fall_roster.pdf
Mr.Ackar07
Whatever happened to Matt Collins; where did he transfer to after 2015?
Foxo
AG
I dont know where Collins is. He played summer ball and did pretty good 280 something. His twitter account shows Texas A&M but does not mention baseball. Most of the team includes their uniform number.

An article when he was player of week this summer said that he planned to return to the team. (But as a petroleum engineer, he may have had to make the choice between baseball and his studies.)
Mr.Ackar07
So when Baine Shoenvogel comes in to pitch, how many times are we going to hear:

When he takes the mound:

When he has an 0-2 count:

When he strike out a batter:

and When he hits a batter:
Foxo
AG
Alan Campero @Acampero3 4h4 hours ago Alvin, TX

Extremely blessed to announce that I have verbally committed to Marshall University @perfectgameusa

Foxo
AG
Chris Andritsos ... transfer RHP/INF from Oklahoma U.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210397209

High School:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/woodlands/sports/baseball-baker-andritsos-headed-for-big-but-pro-scouts-in/article_266c8fa4-0dea-11e5-9363-ff91e17c38f1.html

uncover&humpit
AG
I'm here at the scrimmage and the new synthetic turf behind home plate looks worse than expected. It is olive green and doesn't come close to matching the grass infield.
uncover&humpit
AG

This doesn't even do justice as to how bad it looks.
Thisguy1
I went to watch a little of some scrimmages. My observations:

-Shewmake can fly. I think he'll be the starting SS with Homan moving to 2nd. I know they really like Janca, so I'm wondering if they try him at 3rd.

-Kopetsky has been swinging the bat really well so far. I think he's a starting OF.

-Larkins really struggled to get things going. He never really got in a rhythm.

-Martin looked all world during warm ups and couldn't find the zone when a batter stepped in.

-The two local freshman had decent outings. Miner showed a good change up and Richardson looked very good. I think it was Richardson's first outing since TJ surgery and I was told he was 88-91 with a deceptive delivery. My opinion is Miner may see some mid week innings out of the pen with Richardson having a shot at getting some weekend action. I was very inpressed with Kyle. Both guys threw on the same day as Martin and Larkins and you could have told me Miner and Richardson were the vets. They handled themselves well.

-I saw the back end of Doxakis' outing and he looked pretty good. Long kid from the left side.

-I thought this when I watched him in HS, but Bayless has a long way to go. He's a lefty with a good arm, he just needs some work.

-Not relevant this year, but as for next year Andristos looked rough at 3rd. Missed two fly balls and threw a ball away. However, he is a big strong kid at the plate. Reminded me of Baker. I could see him as a DH and possibly hitting for himself when he throws.
Foxo
AG
Thanks for the report. Didn't know the Oklahoma transfer has to sit for a year.
Mr.Ackar07

I didn't know Cole Bedford could pitch. Anyone want to comment on how he looks on the mound?
MMantle
AG
Walker Pennington??

RR
jpennington
Walker had strep throat Weds and Thursday last week. Was back in the lineup today.
MMantle
AG
Thanks, he's my 3-hole hitter this year.

RR
BurnetAggie99
Kopetsky will also likely also pitch as well. He's a legit two way player.
Thisguy1
BurnetAggie99 said:

Kopetsky will also likely also pitch as well. He's a legit two way player.

His surgery could prevent that. He's not even cleared to cut it loose until Feb.
jpennington
MMantle said:

Thanks, he's my 3-hole hitter this year.

RR
He hit a bomb to dead center yesterday. I hope his power numbers stay at the level he finished last year.
BurnetAggie99
Yea baring any limitations or restrictions from his surgery
twk
AG
As one of the few who still keeps a scorecard by hand, looks like I've got my work cut out for me next season. Took me a long time to learn how to spell Scheshuk--some of these names make that look like child's play.
MMantle
AG
Scheschuk?

Love Walker's combo of power and speed, impressed with his stolen base numbers this summer.

RR
Hop
Staff
AG
Pennington hit one over the left field wall today batting in the 4-hole.
MMantle
AG
Where is Davis playing?

Where is he hitting in the lineup?

RR
jpennington
Not sure where he is hitting in the lineup but he is mostly playing first base.
Foxo
AG
Davis is hitting mostly in the 3 hole. Athletic Dept has stopped posing line ups.
jpennington
It is much harder to keep track of how the team is progressing this fall and who seems to be winning the inside track for each of the positions. Last year much of the lineup was already set with so many juniors and seniors back. I would love to hear from Hop or Gabe on who is emerging both in the field and on the mound. I know it is only week three of fall practice but some story lines have to be emerging by now. And where is Lance Uppercut when you need him?
MAROON
AG
Anyone know what this Jupiter thing is that Aggie baseball Twitter keeps referencing ? I assume it has something to do with games or workouts in Juluter Florida?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.