Ross Stripling ---

6,465 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sean98
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is he on the playoff roster?
Yell Practice
IDK but With his strong outing on Tuesday evening against the Arizona Diamondbacks, and with (possibly) four more starts before the end of the regular season, 26-year-old Dodgers right-hander Ross Stripling has put himself in an excellent position to be included on the Dodgers playoff roster if / when the Dodgers clinch a playoff berth, that is.
Mr.Ackar07
Rosters aren't set yet for the NLDS games, but this article seems to indicate that Stripling will occupy the designated long-relief role for the Dodgers

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/204854454/dodgers-have-tough-choices-for-nlds-roster/

One can wish for a Stripling vs Naquin showdown in the World Series.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
A Stripling-Naquin matchup would be fun but unfortunately for me that would mean one of our starters got shelled in the early going...
I'm just hoping the Dodgers can get through Washington right now though haha
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Although no official announcement has been made by the Dodgers, it would seem as if Ross will be on the NLDS roster for the series against Washington. I was on snapchat today and saw a short little video of Ross getting on the team bus headed for LAX, so he is at least traveling with the team in case of injury (please God no, the Dodgers have had too many injuries already this year)...
TexasRebel
AG
He's pitching in the bottom of 8, game 2.

Down 5-2
jkag89
Three up, three down. Two Ks.
jkag89
Mop up duty for Ross in a 8-3 Dodgers loss. Gets the two batters he faced but did allow an inherited runner to score from third.
W
AG
as an aside...playoff fortune has shown on Wacha, Naquin, and Stripling.

all 3 have (at least) reached the ALCS/NLCS very early in their pro careers
jkag89
Ross pitches the 7th inning in Game 1 of the NLCS. Three up, three down. Kept the Dodgers in striking distance allowing them to tie the game at three all in the top of the 8th.
CapCityAg89
AG
And not such a great outing tonight. I'm a Cub fan, but I'd have preferred those four runs came off somebody else.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

And not such a great outing tonight. I'm a Cub fan, but I'd have preferred those four runs came off somebody else.
Unfortunately for my guys, everyone didn't have a very good outing. At least this is a good series and will probably go the distance, giving Ross a good chance to pitch again
Sean98
AG
Entered last night's game with 2 outs in the 8th and 2 on. Gave up a double to the red hot Baez showing the 2 inherited runners to score. Then he pitched a scoreless 9th.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.