Barrett Loux to the Cubs

1,253 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Houston Summit
BradC34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw on Twitter that the Rangers are sending Loux to Chicago as part of the Soto trade. They re-acquired Brigham because he was injured shortly after the Soto trade.

That means Brooks Raley and Barrett are now in the same system. Is Alex Wilson still pitching? Sign him and they've got a big chunk of our 09 staff.
Brick Tamland
I was hoping he would make the big league club soon, but I guess he has a faster route in Chicago than Arlington
Statboy203
AG
There goes my last of being a Rangers fan. Besof luck to him. Good pick up for the Cubies
BradC34
AG
Not gonna lie, if those two guys end up in the rotation together on the big club, I might buy a Cubs hat.

Guess I need a new NL club since the Astros are AL now. I was leaning toward the Nationals because of Davey Johnson.

[This message has been edited by BradC34 (edited 11/20/2012 9:24p).]
NewAggieBallFan
StatBoy & BradC - Barret is so excited about the opportunity with the Cubs. While we loved the Rangers, their minor league system is so full of great pitchers & he was going to be back logged. Brooks is happy to have Barret on the Cubs and hopefully the two of them can do something special again pitching together.
BradC34
AG
I don't know the Cubs farm situation. Will he have a better opportunity at moving up faster in Chicago? Would be very cool to have those two guys on the same team again.
Lance Uppercut
AG
haha!

The Cubs farm system currently sucks. Hopefully we see him in Wrigley soon.
Agsncws
AG
Speaking of Wilson - he was added to the Red Sox 40-Man Roster yesterday. It was purely a protection move by the Sox. He's inching closer to MLB action. I'd lay even money on 2013.
Aggieangler93
AG
I was bummed when I heard Barrett was traded. I was really hoping to see him in Texas Rangers colors soon. He was moving up quickly. I guess that's the way the baseball go.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
I was really hoping to see him in Texas Rangers colors soon.

No worries. Chicago sports the red, white and blue as well. Technically you still can
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.