Johnny Manziel ---

10,361 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by hass80
Silver Taps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's Johnny Football all the way.
BaseballFan04
"Isn't it spelled Chambliss?"

..No its spelled CHAMBLESS
NewArmy69
AG
If JFF completes his FB eligibility, there will be none left for baseball.
musket
AG
Elmendorf was ALL AMERICAN in both sports. THe Yankees and George Steinbrenner was drooling over seeing him in center field.....
Spirit of Aggieland
Right. The Heisman Trophy winner will not be playing baseball for the Aggies.
tony_barone
quote:
Elmendorf was ALL AMERICAN in both sports. THe Yankees and George Steinbrenner was drooling over seeing him in center field.....

George didn't buy the Yankees until 2-3 yrs after elmo was playing in the nfl.
Sandman98
AG
If he doesn't play in the NFL or has a short career he will be signed by somebody and play pro baseball. Someone will give him a shot and he's the kind of guy that would take it and run with it. Scouts and clubs love chasing a signature like that no matter how long its been since he played.

I'm not saying he won't have a good NFL career or that he could play in the big leagues, but I won't be surprised if I see him in a baseball uniform again. He almost sounds like he's planting that seed as often as he mentions his love for baseball and dreams of being a big league shortstop.
Statboy203
AG
sooooo you're saying he's the next Michael Jordan....?
Windex
AG
The only player to never get tagged out in a run down!!!
TexMex Redass 03
AG
johnny needs to concentrate on football only...

TexMex Redass 03
AG
none of these guys won the Heisman...

quote:
Cornelius Patterson
Jeff Granger
Gregg Porter
Elmendorf

EOT
Yell Practice
No Baseball for Johnny, IMO.
steve73
AG
Dave Elemndorf '71 was All-American and drafted in both sports. He played football for the LA Rams for about 9 yrs and was drafted by the New York Yankees in baseball.

Anyone remember another Aggie that was All-American in two sports?

He also does a great job in the booth doing commentary with Dave South.
Drink Juice, Shelby
AG
Tough for Colorado Moose.
matt.maggio3
AG
quote:
"He's less than a god, but more than a man. Like Hercules or something." I think Sandlot was talking about #JohnnyFootball with that line.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
I got an idea (Jason Cook are you listening..?). Put Johnny on the baseball roster for 1 game. Either have him hit; pinch run; or play an inning or two at shortstop in a game. Roll tape on it & make sure ESPN gets the tape. ESPN would show it on Sports Center for sure & you know Twitter would blow up. Gives TAMU a media bump in the Spring that it may not get otherwise.

Risk -- Johnny injures himself running or making a play; if batting, the opposing pitcher throws at him or JFF gets HBP.
TyHolden
AG
jff throws a 90-mph fastball on a routine basis. problem is, he has to be running sideways when he does it.
twk
AG
quote:
I got an idea (Jason Cook are you listening..?). Put Johnny on the baseball roster for 1 game. Either have him hit; pinch run; or play an inning or two at shortstop in a game. Roll tape on it & make sure ESPN gets the tape. ESPN would show it on Sports Center for sure & you know Twitter would blow up. Gives TAMU a media bump in the Spring that it may not get otherwise.

Risk -- Johnny injures himself running or making a play; if batting, the opposing pitcher throws at him or JFF gets HBP
That would cost baseball a roster spot--someone would lose their place on the team for that stunt.
BQBass13
quote:
jff throws a 90-mph fastball on a routine basis. problem is, he has to be running sideways when he does it.
Yell Practice
Stunt is right.
nereus
AG
quote:
That would cost baseball a roster spot--someone would lose their place on the team for that stunt.

Out of curiosity, would he count against the 27 roster for scholarships or just the 35 total? How exactly do athletic scholarships get counted for multisport athletes?
twk
AG
Against the 35 man roster. It's OK to have football scholarship receipients play baseball (not the other way around, however--see Kolh Stewart), but I'm pretty sure they do count for a roster spot.
hass80
How about we just get him to throw out the opening pitch for one of our Thursday night ESPN SEC baseball games. Bet that would get replayed several times during the broadcast.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.