Who is Brandon Wood? Supposedly he committed to the Ags

3,313 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Brent Gilbert
OA5II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What I don't know is his school and position.

Thanks.
BaseballFan58
Aggies pick up First Commitment for 2009

OF/RHP Brandon Wood has committed to Texas A&M. Wood (6-4, 190, R-R) batted leadoff for the Sugarland Clements Rangers and was named First Team All-District in 2008. The Houston Chronicle named him second team All-Area in the outfield. Houston5ABaseball.com named him First Team All-Greater Houston at Designated Hitter. He was also twice nominated as the Houston5ABaseball.com Hitter of the Week.

From AggieBaseball.net
FtBendTxAg
AG
F Clements
OA5II
AG
that is the site I was looking for. sometimes it is the most obvious name.

Thanks!!!!!!
Brent Gilbert
He is also nephew of former catcher in '89 & '90, John Wood. Remember: WOODIE!! And the Woodometer?
agdoc84
I hear he has a cannon of an arm
Guinea
Whats the chance he'll go pro instead of here?
1977Ag
Brandon is a chiseled hard throwing RHP that can swing it. He was approached by TAMU at a camp in January of this year. You will not be disappointed. Possible replacement for Anders.
AggieBB
AG
I dont remember John Wood. Was he Albright and Blake Pyle's backup?
AggieBB
AG
OK I just looked him up. Looks like he was only here in 1990. I believe Albright and Pyle were gone by then.
Brent Gilbert
John was here in '89 & '90. Usually backed up Albright. Pyle was here too of course. He started most of the games behind the plate in '90. Outstanding catcher, better than Albright and Pyle behind the plate, but the bat was what hurt him some. He started '90 in a major slump. He was hitting the ball but just not finding any holes. Once a few started falling, somebody started the Wood-o-meter to track his average. He's from Brenham so I believe it was friends of his from there.

[This message has been edited by BBGigem (edited 7/22/2008 11:58a).]
Brent Gilbert
In action:

Lots of good pics here!

http://cushing.tamu.edu/collections/images/Pages/browsehier.php?s=browse&tid=4525&route=browseby.php&start=112&category=161&by=category

[This message has been edited by BBGigem (edited 7/22/2008 12:16p).]
jkag89
quote:
I dont remember John Wood.

How could you forget Woody! Dang that picture makes me feel old.
AggieBB
AG
I was a freshman in HS in 89 so that may be part of the reason I dont remember him. I do remember Albright and the rest of the 89 crew though.

Wood was better than Albright behind the plate? Wow! I've heard a lot of Ags claim that Albright is the best catcher to ever wear the maroon & white. I tend to agree with them. Where did Wood play after A&M?
jkag89
You do not remember Woody for what little (if any) playing time he received in '89 but how the student section reaction to him coming to the plate in '90.
Brent Gilbert
By no means was that to slight E.A. He was a real good catcher. He was a very important part of the '89 team. Definitely had a better stick and called a pretty good game. John was a little better defensive catcher and had a better arm. That is all I was saying. All around E.A.'s career was more impressive at A&M.

John played one year in the Braves organization and that was it. E.A. played several years in the Tigers organization. Don't recall how high he went up though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.