Don't look now but FAU vs (Creighton v SDSU)

2,178 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
phatty26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of these three teams playing for the title love it though.
Dan Scott
AG
The Houston final four committee will be cheering for Texas hard.
Method Man
I looked.
Kellso
If Gonzaga makes it to the title game we could be looking at an all Mid Major National Title Game................
txaggieacct85
AG
I know I'm a grumpy old man, but I was pulling for Kansas State because of this.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/03/20/fau-player-staff-member-criticized-actions-final-seconds-win-fdu
MarcAg
AG
Hopefully it's Creighton. I have a futures bet on Creighton and a futures bet on Miami. Miami is going to have to beat two great teams to make the finals.
Aggies2009
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

I know I'm a grumpy old man, but I was pulling for Kansas State because of this.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/03/20/fau-player-staff-member-criticized-actions-final-seconds-win-fdu
That's..... strange. We laughed for years over Donald Sloan playing a pass to himself off the backboard in a game that had already been decided against Baylor.
TxAg76
AG
Dan Scott said:

Pains me to say it, but they're lookin good, and they've got a legit shot at it now

Really didn't like the hot dog BS they were pulling in that Xav game though. Hope The U goes in dry
phatty26
Aggies2009 said:

txaggieacct85 said:

That's..... strange. We laughed for years over Donald Sloan playing a pass to himself off the backboard in a game that had already been decided against Baylor.

Good point and Fdu wasn't devoid **** talking even their coach so not too worried you can't have it both ways. Win the game.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The horns still alive just entertains me even more rooting against them!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dan Scott said:

Lol. You think there will be an empty seat if they don't make it? It's the Final Four. The stadium will be at capacity no matter who makes it.
Sq 17
The ticket resellers are hoping for the horns
Fify
Know Your Enemy
AG
Right. They're the only ones concerned about who makes the Final Four other than fans of the teams left.
Dan Scott
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Dan Scott said:

Lol. You think there will be an empty seat if they don't make it? It's the Final Four. The stadium will be at capacity no matter who makes it.

Of course the game will be sold out. It's everything else like hotels and restaurants without big school with lots of fans.
Know Your Enemy
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd
txaggieacct85 said:

The kid was excited and had a little fun. FDU is a bunch of cry babies. And anyone uninvolved in the situation and saying they're not going to root for the team because of a kid tried to have a little fun is insane.
greg.w.h
AG
Parity is a witch.
jt16
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Dan Scott said:

Not true. Remember Butler and Uconn? I bought tickets to that final and lost my ass because I couldn't give them away. There certainly plenty of empty seats for that one.
_lefraud_
AG
2011 was certainly strangeā€¦UK makes it to Houston (great) but then loses in semi final (not great). VCU being the other final four team made for plenty available resell tickets.

If Texas doesn't make it, there will be plenty of tickets available for the final on Monday.
Know Your Enemy
AG
jt16 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Dan Scott said:

Not true. Remember Butler and Uconn? I bought tickets to that final and lost my ass because I couldn't give them away. There certainly plenty of empty seats for that one.

I guess I should have rephrased. Not a single ticket went unsold.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.